• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Robert Green responds to World Cup gaffe

• Thread starter Yoshitsune Minamoto
  • Start date
Y

Yoshitsune Minamoto

Sun Jun 13 09:43am EDT

Rob Green makes no excuses, reminds us that he's 30

By Brooks Peck

ept_sports_sow_experts-346740295-1276433106.jpg

Though the jokes, harsh tabloid headlines, and misspelled comments on YouTube keep coming, England goalkeeper Rob Green was immediately over his mistake that allowed the U.S. to take a 1-1 draw from what turned out to be a friendly competition between the favorites of Group C. Because he is 30. And he is a man.

Says Green via the Guardian:
"It is regrettable and not what you want to happen but that's life and you move on. You hold your head up high and get to work in training. It won't affect me psychologically. I'm 30, I'm a man, and you have hardships in life and prepare for them."
So have your chuckles about how "it's not easy being Green" and call it the "Hand of Clod" if you like, but Green isn't bothered. He told BBC Radio:
"Dempsey hit one and it's one I should have saved. Full stop. "It's very disappointing, but it's happened.
"The most important thing is not to let it affect myself.
"I had 50-odd minutes to play in the game [after that] and represent my country and I did that I didn't let if affect me mentally.
"I didn't let it affect my performance. It's about mental strength and worse things have happened to people."
Impressive resolve. And he's right. Think of the people who have actual hardships and wish their biggest problem in life was goofing up in football match and how Green's error really shouldn't impact England's chances at advancing to the knockout stage. After you finish redubbing the Kermit song with humorous lyrics about Green's mistake, of course.
Photo: Getty Images

Y

Yoshitsune Minamoto

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgQo4zVck-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

World Cup 2010 England vs USA
Robert Green (Own Goal)

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Green's gaffe is due to Beckham's bad luck when sitting at England's bench whilst the match was in progress. Beckham's bad luck while playing for England has permeate this current team's luck ....:o

Pamelo leaves is in order ....:o

Y

Yoshitsune Minamoto

eljikawashima_reut_1657555i.jpg

Japan goalkeeper Elji Kawashima's expression of shock could derive from two things - his surprise that Cameroon have had a shot at goal,
or the fact that saving it was a lot easier than Rob Green made it look.