• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WC 2010. MOST Singaporeans ARE NOT INTERESTED. Do You Hear Shouts Of "GOAAAL"?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the most quiet WC in Singapore.

Was at my friend's HDB estate for dinner and he told me last few wORLD cups, HE HEAR ALOT OF PEOPLE shouting goal.......This WC not even one shout ok!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is the most quiet WC in Singapore.

Was at my friend's HDB estate for dinner and he told me last few wORLD cups, HE HEAR ALOT OF PEOPLE shouting goal.......This WC not even one shout ok!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

a lot of folks didn't know that they don't have to pay for it and can watch it free online, and i'm thinking how many of us here actually paid for it? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got a drink around midnight at coffee shop it was showing WC on screen. Just few people only drinking and not watching it at all. The shop was quite. I like it that way.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a simple pleasure of life has been taken away by greedy world crass bestest paid politicians ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a simple pleasure of life has been taken away by greedy world crass bestest paid politicians ...

Actually, think it's fortunately that Singapore failed to qualify for the World Cup. If Singapore did, think that the subscription prices would be even higher.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, think it's fortunately that Singapore failed to qualify for the World Cup. If Singapore did, think that the subscription prices would be even higher.
No lah, they will only show Singapore matches free, the rest have to pay, thats what they will do. lol :biggrin::biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it a goot ting dat ping-pong is not dat popular a sport? ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it a goot ting dat ping-pong is not dat popular a sport? ...

Good. No sane or non-retarded student in Singapore wants to play ping pong for a future. Go study harder better. How to compete with PRC imports trained in ping pong kingdom from kindergarten?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got a drink around midnight at coffee shop it was showing WC on screen. Just few people only drinking and not watching it at all. The shop was quite. I like it that way.

Which coffee shop? You sure or not? I walked here and there looking for a shop showing WC also cannot find. Heard those with WC screening are packed.

I think you meant those coffee shops screening past games. Who would be interested with WC on now?

As for the general lack of excitement, cannot watch. How to get excited?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard that the rates for coffeeshop cable are exhorbitant, calculated on commercial scale, number and size of TV screens. Many coffeeshops simply refused to subscribe and forego the extra business. Do their regular business and close early, make an honest living and have a healthy rest. What for slog for StarHub and SingTel when the extra income would go them who bidded for exhorbitant prices in the first place?

jw5

Loyal
No lah, they will only show Singapore matches free, the rest have to pay, thats what they will do. lol :biggrin::biggrin:
No lah, the ministars will have open houses at their homes to invite all new citizens to savour the moment with them. Singapore at the world cup finals! What an achievement for the government!

LauMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that the rates for coffeeshop cable are exhorbitant, calculated on commercial scale, number and size of TV screens. Many coffeeshops simply refused to subscribe and forego the extra business. Do their regular business and close early, make an honest living and have a healthy rest. What for slog for StarHub and SingTel when the extra income would go them who bidded for exhorbitant prices in the first place?

It was reported in the ST that only one in five coffee shops screening matches. Four years ago, a coffee shop had only to pay just $600 regardless of the size or number of TV sets. This time round, they have to pay $2888 per TV set with a screen size below 50 inches. Anything bigger will set the kopitiam back by $4888 for each set.

As a result, the coffee shops which are screening the WC had increased the Kopi O by 50 cents @ $1.30.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will never happen!!! Singapore will not be in WC final for next 50 years or so.

Singapore will never be in the World Cup for the time it'd take for China to replay Huang Di, Yao, Shun, Xia, Shang, Zhou, Spring & Autumn, Warring States, Qin, Han, Three Kingdoms, Jin, north and south dynasties all the way to Sui, Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming, Qing, ROC and PRC all over again. That's about 5,000 years.