• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You'll need antenna RTM1

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
You'll need antenna RTM1
Fri, Jun 11, 2010
The Straits Times

BAD news for fans in Singapore trying to tune in to World Cup telecasts from Malaysia - the signal will be scrambled.

Yesterday, StarHub said that Radio Television Malaysia's (RTM) channel TV1, (which is Channel 118 on StarHub TV) has received instructions from the World Cup's broadcast rights holder Fifa to encrypt its satellite signal source so that only viewers in Malaysia are able to receive access to the matches on TV1.

But viewers in Singapore will still be able to tune in to TV1 or signals from Indonesian channel RCTI, which will show all 64 matches free to air, by buying a 'rabbit ear' antenna from electronics shops. These antennas cost between $18 and $30.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... But viewers in Singapore will still be able to tune in to TV1 or signals from Indonesian channel RCTI, which will show all 64 matches free to air, by buying a 'rabbit ear' antenna from electronics shops. These antennas cost between $18 and $30.
oooh! ... datz much chipper than paying dose burgers $70 ... :cool:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Suckhub has long stopped broadcasting RTM channels...anyway don't think this will affect the free to air signals...

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The suck time is trying to confuse you by saying it is encrpyted.

No such thing, otherwise the m&d Citizen living in the kampung under the attap houses won't be able to watch it.

What is fact, is that star hub will scramble the signal it received from TV1 and feed into it's own cable network.

Essentially, the free to air signal is not affected. Period. And don't be a sucker.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is fact, is that star hub will scramble the signal it
received from TV1 and feed into it's own cable network.

What a arrogant cock this StarHub is .

They will rather poison the well than letting people have free water .

Just like they will rather spend resource to encrypt it than
let others have it for free or make less money in the name of making more money .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No such thing, otherwise the m&d Citizen living in the kampung under the attap houses won't be able to watch it.

What is fact, is that star hub will scramble the signal it received from TV1 and feed into it's own cable network.

I wonder if people remember that HDB estates used to have communal antennas, you could get free Malaysian channels. When the cable monopoly StarHub was started they took down these aerials forcing people to rely only on StarHub.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Suckhub has long stopped broadcasting RTM channels...anyway don't think this will affect the free to air signals...

The only M'sian channel they offer is TV1. It's got alot of community programming, boring malay talk shows, Koran reading,,.... Stuff that no one in Spore would be interested in. Thats why its one of the free channels offered by StarHub.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
evrytime dey tel ze same story ... trying 2 push ze brame on2 fifa ...

dey tink peasants r all daft ... but actually nobody buy their story ...

funny! ...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't understand.

With radio waves, there is nothing FIFA can do once it licences to RTM. But when RTM licences Starhub to carry its signal over Starhub's cables, RTM is forced to prevent Starhub from broadcasting it. I am sure it's also going to happen to Indonesian channel.

That is why Starhub had to stop carrying TV2 and TV3 (which it used to charge money for) - because the people granting the rights ordered TV2 and TV3 to stop letting Starhub carry it.

The suck time is trying to confuse you by saying it is encrpyted.

Essentially, the free to air signal is not affected. Period. And don't be a sucker.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a arrogant cock this StarHub is .

They will rather poison the well than letting people have free water .

Just like they will rather spend resource to encrypt it than
let others have it for free or make less money in the name of making more money .

You speak with your foot in your mouth and have no understanding about broadcasting rights.

Go and check why TV3 stopped licensing to Starhub even though both TV3 and Starhub were making money.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You speak with your foot in your mouth and have no understanding about broadcasting rights.

Go and check why TV3 stopped licensing to Starhub even though both TV3 and Starhub were making money.

I speak as a layman and you talking about guarding to prevent liability, so enlighten all of us .

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If I am a living in HDB. And did not subscribe with StarHub and am happy with the normal TV point. Why don't StarHub leave the free to air antenna alone instead of taking it down and tell me about Jesus.

Should I give a hoot to what is between StarHub and RTM?

You don't understand.

With radio waves, there is nothing FIFA can do once it licences to RTM. But when RTM licences Starhub to carry its signal over Starhub's cables, RTM is forced to prevent Starhub from broadcasting it. I am sure it's also going to happen to Indonesian channel.

That is why Starhub had to stop carrying TV2 and TV3 (which it used to charge money for) - because the people granting the rights ordered TV2 and TV3 to stop letting Starhub carry it.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They or starhub cannot sramble the signal if you use your own antenna/receiver. Don't use the HDB/Starhub socket will be fine. Those live near south or facing Batam should get good signal from Indon. And those live in North facing Johor should get good signal from Malaysia.
Don't use HDB/Starhub socket use own private antenna cost only few $ to $30 with booster. Those antenna can get it in neighbourhood hardware shop/electric shop. If don't know how to use, the saleman will be happy to show you.
After install just need to tune the TV/frequency. Just like when you buy new TV set. I have been using it for few year without any problem.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only M'sian channel they offer is TV1. It's got alot of community programming, boring malay talk shows, Koran reading,,.... Stuff that no one in Spore would be interested in. Thats why its one of the free channels offered by StarHub.

It is good for RACIAL HARMONY...:biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am a living in HDB. And did not subscribe with StarHub and am happy with the normal TV point. Why don't StarHub leave the free to air antenna alone instead of taking it down and tell me about Jesus.

Should I give a hoot to what is between StarHub and RTM?

Starhub didn't take those points down. Your town council just stopped installing/repairing them because they cost a lot to maintain and Starhub is offering the Singapore free-to-air channels for free.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun yah yah m&d Citizen living in the kampung under the attap houses got Astro Digital Satellite Broadcasts, you Sinkieland got or not? :biggrin:

Astro_satellite_dishes.jpg

I got ! :biggrin: ....... the one you showed here is the old model.
The latest ADSB dish is only 8 inches diameter and I put it on the windowsill of my HDB pigeonhole nobody knows coz it is not visible and the reception is very very good. :p

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about TV2 I think last time we used to called it Ch. 10?