• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Working in a environment where you are constantly being look down upon

Mee Poh Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone in such suitation before? How did you handle it emotionally?

I feel it is draining my emotional strength on a daily routine.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may i ask why do they look down on you? is it cos' of your qualification or your work performance?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]Don't take it too hard.[/COLOR] Speaking from my many setbacks in life.:smile:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u r c no up ... dose burgers even call u lesser mortal ... call u daft ...

wat u wanna do? ...

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

U just have to bear with it. Otherwise get a job with no boss...like being a cab driver or start your own biz....maybe be a hawker.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
having a job is better than starving and worrying about bills, nobody looks down on you as much as you yourself.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

y? your customer look down on you because you sell mee pok??? as long as you cook nice mee pok ignore how they look at you. they LL gotta come back for your mee pok.

Mee Poh Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
may i ask why do they look down on you? is it cos' of your qualification or your work performance?

because of my position in the company. I think you can say qualification.
I give my work 100% and over. I "demote" myself 3 level down because i cannot find any jobs for 2 years.

I am happy with wht i am doing now and am in peace with myself doing a less demanding job with little prospect. but i never expected that when you are down there in rank, ppl will treat you differently. even to the point of refusing lunch with you when i ask if can join them for lunch. (My enviornment, every one try to suck up to the next next level)

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I give my work 100% and over. I "demote" myself 3 level down because i cannot find any jobs for 2 years.

I am happy with wht i am doing now and am in peace with myself doing a less demanding job with little prospect. but i never expected that when you are down there in rank, ppl will treat you differently. even to the point of refusing lunch with you when i ask if can join them for lunch. (My enviornment, every one try to suck up to the next next level)

bro

just do ur job well and try to find another job outside now loh

jump ship whenever possible

why try to fix something that is beyond repair???

gd luck

jw5

Loyal

Just do your work as best as you can, and in the meantime, look for something better.
Don't worry about not having lunch with colleagues. If they are as you described and actually refused to let you join them, they are not worth your time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a summary of what people have said in this thread so you can organise your thoughts;

1) any job is better than no job - pays bills, provides mentality security to you and family
2) don't worry about others
3) just do your best
4) comfortably look for another job while doing this
5) having lunch with someone is the least of your concern

The work environment has changed considerably. Its quite mercenary. Just note that work is a means to an end. Just collect your wages and spend with people you care about.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why work for others in a position with NO PROSPECTS when you can work for yourself with nothing stopping you from shooting for the stars?:confused:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why work for others in a position with NO PROSPECTS when you can work for yourself with nothing stopping you from shooting for the stars?:confused:

i agree with sam and nowadays colleagues treat you like direct competitors for a lot of things than someone who work together as a team. no need to en xiu too much. i prefer to eat alone during lunch time too. i only lunch with chiobu who got potential to satisfy my sexual urge, if not dun waste my time.