• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you're planning to renounce Singapore citizenship: A word of caution

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
"
Taiwan mei mei? Forget it. Control freak, must go temple every weekend. Cheapskate.

M'sian mei mei? Too "kampong" for me.

Nippon mei mei best. So long as she don't go to the Japanese section of supermarket too often.
'
Guys, all meis meis have their good and bad points. You just have to know them. There are no "perfect" mei mei so to speak. That is why having more is better as you get to enjoy the difference of the good and bad between them.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
"
Taiwan mei mei? Forget it. Control freak, must go temple every weekend. Cheapskate.

Nippon mei mei best. So long as she don't go to the Japanese section of supermarket too often.
'
Guys, all meis meis have their good and bad points. You just have to know them. There are no "perfect" mei mei so to speak. That is why having more is better as you get to enjoy the difference of the good and bad between them.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"
'

My character type cannot go for Taiwanese mei-mei. The food I find yucky, they say very Q. I do thing openly, they must hide and save money.
Eg I would rather pay camera fee to take photos in a tourist spot. She must hide the camera to avoid fee and take pictures secretly.

WTF? I earn money to spend one.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

depends on which generation too early 80s or late 80s...msian late 80s prob wld be still too kampong....taiwan , china, korean late 80s to early 90s very modern and wild prob only smaller cities for china girls are obedient...not sure a bout jap but china girls are spoilt for sure

destroyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
depends on which generation too early 80s or late 80s...msian late 80s prob wld be still too kampong....taiwan , china, korean late 80s to early 90s very modern and wild prob only smaller cities for china girls are obedient...not sure a bout jap but china girls are spoilt for sure

You are looking for wives at the wrong locations.

Here's a tip. Only low-level girls would frequent night-clubs and ktvs. But where do the high-level women hang-out then? That's the question of a life-time.

Last edited:

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
caution... yes. Not to jump for joy until my Dreamliner has taken off from Changi Airport. I wonder how many brave souls have felt the same.

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Want to rough it out for a few years overseas? Gain overseas work experience? Gain overseas life experience? Take up a second citizenship like what many other Singaporeans have done? (by right and by Singapore law dual-citizenship is disallowed, but by left, well just "don't ask, don't tell"). By all means do so. Has anyone heard of anyone else who has been publicly prosecuted for holding dual citizenship? No, I didn't think so. As long as you're not a trouble-maker and not publicly bad-mouthing anyone, no one will give you any trouble. Until you actually receive official notice from the Singapore Immigration Authority, why not just continue to tread that fine line? You have nothing to lose. Or just continue holding on to your Australian PR and renew it every few years when the time comes. You can call both Singapore and Australia home.

You can get away for only 5 years based on how long the SIngapore passport is valid. "Don't ask, don't tell" - not true. When you renew passport, you will be asked. If you say yes, then you have to renounce one of the citizenship or something, you cannot keep both citizenship.

If you say no, then you are lying on the passport renewal form and forever you worry about being arrested for lying when you return to Singapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You can get away for only 5 years based on how long the SIngapore passport is valid. "Don't ask, don't tell" - not true. When you renew passport, you will be asked. If you say yes, then you have to renounce one of the citizenship or something, you cannot keep both citizenship.

If you say no, then you are lying on the passport renewal form and forever you worry about being arrested for lying when you return to Singapore.

yeah those stinky sinkies who like to for some reason still keep chow sinkie passport go eat shit ok?

Want to have your cake and eat it? Go back to sinkieland lah if keeping sinkie passport and paying Medishield Life premiums so important to you! LOL!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a word of caution for sinkies who have u.s. pr for decades and have yet to transition to u.s. citizenship....
you may lose your u.s. pr (it's not permanent nor guaranteed for life), and not only that you may get deported too if you have a misdemeanor. a polish citizen with u.s. pr of more than 30 years (his deceased parents never thought of converting his status to citizenship - how stubborn and stupid) is recently facing revocation of pr status and possible deportation for 2 misdemeanor charges that occurred when he was a teen in the u.s. (destruction of property less than $100 and concealing stolen goods). this polish guy is moreover a doctor for crying out loud. for small time offenses like theft of sundry items in a convenience store and smoking weed in cities, counties and states where it's unlawful to do so you will be charged for misdemeanors. even if the city, county, and state allow you to smoke weed for recreational use, it's still a federal crime. and if you have a pr and are charged for misdemeanor, you will be deported as the pr is revoked if you go on record as committing a crime. as a u.s. citizen, you have better protection of all city, county, state and federal laws. you don't get deported and you can challenge your case in court or plea for a lesser sentence such as a fine.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...u-s-age-5-faces-deportation-article-1.3771959

Last edited:

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
"have u.s. pr for decades and have yet to transition to u.s. citizenship...."

i cannot understand the mentality of these people. most immigrants in world want to be American. the more discerning ones want to be Aussies. And the truly smart ones become Kiwis, like Sammyboy :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"have u.s. pr for decades and have yet to transition to u.s. citizenship...."

i cannot understand the mentality of these people. most immigrants in world want to be American. the more discerning ones want to be Aussies. And the truly smart ones become Kiwis, like Sammyboy :smile:
these sinkies follow advice of stupid sinkies not to take up new citizenship while holding on to (“valuable”) sg citizenship. many sinkies in my area are still holding on to sg citizenship and u.s. pr after 6.9 years wanting to have the best of both worlds, having cake and eat it too. that’s the sinkie “me me me” selfish mindset. kpkb about pap as they don’t vote in sg erections and kpkb about life in u.s. as they can’t vote. when they are caught with dui or other misdemeanors they will be revoked of their pr and deported. and then they kpkb yet again that the laws are not fair. bunch of nincompoops.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these sinkies follow advice of stupid sinkies not to take up new citizenship while holding on to (“valuable”) sg citizenship. many sinkies in my area are still holding on to sg citizenship and u.s. pr after 6.9 years wanting to have the best of both worlds, having cake and eat it too. that’s the sinkie “me me me” selfish mindset. kpkb about pap as they don’t vote in sg erections and kpkb about life in u.s. as they can’t vote. when they are caught with dui or other misdemeanors they will be revoked of their pr and deported. and then they kpkb yet again that the laws are not fair. bunch of nincompoops.

Why so upset? Singapore passport #1 in the world!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shows the excellent job by the Pappies. I wonder how we can learn from them and influence a bunch of 6.9mil sinkies to this extend.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shows the excellent job by the Pappies. I wonder how we can learn from them and influence a bunch of 6.9mil sinkies to this extend.
onus is on the parents. cannot expect kids to read up on the law and be aware of every jeopardy that may bite them in the future. for sinkies who are adults and aware of the pitfalls yet stubbornly refuse to transition it's beyond help.