• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you're planning to renounce Singapore citizenship: A word of caution

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
For one moment, I thought you will have the letter printed on toilet rolls. kekeke. :biggrin:

Joshie Boy you have your mind in the gutter. You need to cut the Langtrees out of your life. And for god's sake quit going to the Club X in Northbridge.

Sorry couldnt resist

Hee hee Hee

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joshie Boy you have your mind in the gutter. You need to cut the Langtrees out of your life. And for god's sake quit going to the Club X in Northbridge.

Sorry couldnt resist

Hee hee Hee

No worry mate. Langtrees & Club X are bits of shazza. I have better taste than that. In those places, you will end up using the toilet paper to wipe the shit off the tip of your nose. Yes, better spend money on a picture frame.

john_nyc_71

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not seen that letter but I know a couple of friends who already renounce their SG citizenship says that if you make that decision to do so, dont be offended about that letter the SG govt will send you as it is written in a tone that is not so nice to read...

however, if you took a Australian citizen but did not ask to take your CPF out, you wont receive that letter...

So the "nasty" letter has to do with withdrawing CPF as opposed to renouncing citizenship?

fwchong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure but what about those of you who has renounce your citizenship and ask for your CPF money...how long does it take to take out the money ?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure but what about those of you who has renounce your citizenship and ask for your CPF money...how long does it take to take out the money ?

Quite immediate. 2-3 weeks at most. Once you're no longer a potential liability to the state, they have no interest in holding your money and paying you 2.5% interest.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did mine at ICA there. First go and get the form and then fill it out. I remember they ask for every member of your family, thier IC # all that, then it took them almost 2 months to send me the letter of renounciation to my home here overseas. I also asked them to expedite it but still took about 6 weeks. After that you have to fill out the CPF application withdrawl "on grounds of leaving Singapore permanently" This took another 6 weeks to process and send me my money. Oh and its faster if they send you your CPF in S$ locally in Singapore. They wont remit the $ in any other currency other than S$ so take that into account.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
So did you manage to make a huge gain after CPF withdrawal?
The return is huge esp in this climate.

I did mine at ICA there. First go and get the form and then fill it out. I remember they ask for every member of your family, thier IC # all that, then it took them almost 2 months to send me the letter of renounciation to my home here overseas. I also asked them to expedite it but still took about 6 weeks. After that you have to fill out the CPF application withdrawl "on grounds of leaving Singapore permanently" This took another 6 weeks to process and send me my money. Oh and its faster if they send you your CPF in S$ locally in Singapore. They wont remit the $ in any other currency other than S$ so take that into account.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
not so easy to renew PR unless you stay 4 out of 5 years every batch of 5 years...so effectively, you are only in Singapore for 2 years out of 10 years.
QUOTE]

If you are talking about Aus PR, it's 2 out of 5 years to qualify for renewal of PR. 4 out of 5 years is to qualify you to throw pink IC at LKY face.:biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
not so easy to renew PR unless you stay 4 out of 5 years every batch of 5 years...so effectively, you are only in Singapore for 2 years out of 10 years.
QUOTE]

If you are talking about Aus PR, it's 2 out of 5 years to qualify for renewal of PR. 4 out of 5 years is to qualify you to throw pink IC at LKY face.:biggrin:

Actually to be Aust citizen the 4 year rule includes legal stay under visa. My Ah neh mei mei is applying next year, though she only had PR for about 1 year. If you hold a student visa before that is counted as part of the 4 year stay requirement.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah neh mei mei :eek: ???
You are getting multi-cultured!

??? I also have a szechuan mei mei staying together also. Every night I go home one of them would have dinner ready. I buy groceries, rice, eggs, bread, meat and leave them in the fridge, they would just use whatever is available and cook them. If I have to work late, I would have to call them up and tell them not to wait for me. Sometimes I forgot about that and they ask me when I would be home for dinner. Its a very nice feeling. I bring them out on Thursday night, shopping night, for dinner. Because its an Ah neh and Szechuan mei mei, I usually order the hot and spicy food, nandos, extra hot, hot pot, extra hot. After dinner, they go shopping and talk girl talk while I just sit/stand behind with the trolley, relax. I realized why men wants to have 3-4 wives. If the wives can live harmoniously like the two mei meis at home it is actually very enjoyable. You won't be the only attention of focus, because they would have each other to talk to as well. Of course, if you make a mistake, you get double the nag. But that seldom happens if you are careful. I'm thinking of getting a third now, but is worried my mini cooper S is too small for that. I'm thinking of changing to an X5 or Tarago for future "expandability". :wink:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
??? I also have a szechuan mei mei staying together also. Every night I go home one of them would have dinner ready. I buy groceries, rice, eggs, bread, meat and leave them in the fridge, they would just use whatever is available and cook them. If I have to work late, I would have to call them up and tell them not to wait for me. Sometimes I forgot about that and they ask me when I would be home for dinner. Its a very nice feeling. I bring them out on Thursday night, shopping night, for dinner. Because its an Ah neh and Szechuan mei mei, I usually order the hot and spicy food, nandos, extra hot, hot pot, extra hot. After dinner, they go shopping and talk girl talk while I just sit/stand behind with the trolley, relax. I realized why men wants to have 3-4 wives. If the wives can live harmoniously like the two mei meis at home it is actually very enjoyable. You won't be the only attention of focus, because they would have each other to talk to as well. Of course, if you make a mistake, you get double the nag. But that seldom happens if you are careful. I'm thinking of getting a third now, but is worried my mini cooper S is too small for that. I'm thinking of changing to an X5 or Tarago for future "expandability". :wink:

gosh....u are living the life pal....get a nissan ergland...can cope with 7 mei meis....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about Prado VX/Kakadu ? Practical and reliable..

gosh....u are living the life pal....get a nissan ergland...can cope with 7 mei meis....

Hummer stretched, see can put jacuzzi in or not also. :wink:

hummerh2_stretchlimousine_01.jpg

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hummer stretched, see can put jacuzzi in or not also. :wink:

We were shopping around for SUV last few weeks - planning to get a SUV after our "new" family member arrive in Nov 2010. We need bigger space for bikes, baby seat & stuff.. However, my wifey and I did not reach an agreement :mad:

She prefers X5 bcoz prestige & nice leather etc.. I like Prado bcoz of dbl diesel fuel tank, 7 seaters, durable engine and realistic servicing/maintenance cost.. The retail price is about the same, if I choose top-of-the-range Prado Kakadu.

Car = Asset depreciation

Haiz, when shopping for house. We did not agree too. She likes new double sty house but I like good location, big land..

Good house depreciates BUT good location & land appreciates..

I think i need a china mei-mei... can "cook", "wash", "clean" and most importantly "obey" :biggrin: