• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

White trash says NS waste time

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - White trash says NS waste time</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>PeeAssFour <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:10 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>33783.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>White trash can't make it back home, have to come here race, but don't want to do NS. KNN we can only attract this kinda scums
Sport of karting gaining popularity in Singapore
By Patwant Singh | Posted: 27 May 2010 1952 hrs
SINGAPORE : Karting in Singapore is taking off in a big way, on the back of growing interest in motor sports and support from the authorities.

That has also attracted budding enthusiasts, like 18-year-old Richard Bradley from England, who is keen to switch citizenship to achieve his aim of being an F1 driver.

The British driver is competing in the Formula BMW Pacific Championship, under the Singapore flag.

Kartright Speedway, a new facility in Jurong, has helped to push karting into higher gear.

It is also driving the passion of Mr Bradley, a trainer at Kartright.

The 1.88-metre tall teenager arrived last December and has taken the regional scene by storm in his rookie year.

He currently leads the Formula BMW Series, and is serious about being in Singapore on a permanent basis, including changing citizenship, but there is a hurdle.

He said: "If you have to do National Service, then unfortunately I am not able to do that, because there is only so long you have to get into Formula One and I can't stop two years to do National Service.

"I have not looked directly into the regulation, so at this point of time, I want to make sure if I can do it later."

Mr Bradley admits all this needs more discussions with the relevant parties.

He races under the Singapore flag as his licence was issued by the Singapore Motor Sport Association. The Association said it needs to find out more about Mr Bradley's plans before commenting on his citizenship plans. The teen has already put his education on hold and moved with his family as his father has got a job in Singapore.

Mr Bradley thinks Asia will fast track his motor sports career, especially with newer facilities here.

Other karters are also keen to use Singapore as a launch pad for their careers.

James Pull, a 10-year-old karter from England, said: "I am doing this so just in case when I am older, someone might want to put me in F1, so I have got an advantage."

Jon Lee Xuanhao, 11-year-old karter from Singapore, said: "We are building a permanent motor sports hub track. Because of that, the government would support motor sports even more."

The new Jurong facility means such karters can cut on travelling time and expenses to cross the Causeway and indulge in their sport.

Kartright Speedway also has a training academy and is hosting the recently-launched Singapore Karting Championship series.

Competition aside, the track has also resulted in more interest from beginners and amateurs.

Jude Benny, director, Kartright Speedway, said: "We are running at least five or six corporate events every week, so people who normally are working behind desks are actually finding the opportunity to participate in an event organised by their companies, they are being introduced to karting."

More people are also buying personal karts, which can cost over S$12,000.

Channel NewsAsia understands that at least one kart is sold per week in Singapore. And the huge demand has resulted in lack of storage space for the 200 karts stored at Kartright.

So there are plans to introduce a double-decker storage system as the capacity could increase to 400 karts by next year. - CNA/ms
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
time to reduce the ns to 1 year and probably more will want to serve....serving 2 years is genuine waste of time

some exemptions could be given to real foreign talents not trash say represent

the country for minimum 5 years....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
basket as if we need someone outside to state the obvious. It's like me telling you that when u walk in the rain without seeking shelter u get wet.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
For an exceptional talent like Bradley, I'm pretty sure he'll have no problems looking for another adoptive country to pursue his career.

<table id="msgUN" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td id="msgUNsubj" valign="top">
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - White trash says NS waste time</td><td id="msgunetc" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="msgtable" width="96%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msg" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%"> </td><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead" valign="top"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">PeeAssFour <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">10:10 pm </td></tr><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td><td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 1) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td class="msgleft" rowspan="4" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">33783.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8"></td></tr><tr><td class="msgtxt">White trash can't make it back home, have to come here race, but don't want to do NS. KNN we can only attract this kinda scums
Sport of karting gaining popularity in Singapore
By Patwant Singh | Posted: 27 May 2010 1952 hrs

That has also attracted budding enthusiasts, like 18-year-old Richard Bradley from England, who is keen to switch citizenship to achieve his aim of being an F1 driver.

He said: "If you have to do National Service, then unfortunately I am not able to do that, because there is only so long you have to get into Formula One and I can't stop two years to do National Service.
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kanina we damn disgrace need this cheebyekia to talk cock sing sing song

Li Jia Wei and Feng Tian Wei never complain about NS

kartingrocks

Kanina we damn disgrace need this cheebyekia to talk cock sing sing song

Li Jia Wei and Feng Tian Wei never complain about NS

I think this is very unfair to Richard. He's not being paid by Singapore to represent the country, unlike the other sporting talents like Li Jiawei (who are female and hence need not serve NS).

He is considering Singapore PR and is aware that NS has to be served is that happens. And he gave his honest answer which is - that NS will impede the development of his racing career.

Other racing drivers in Singapore will tell you the same thing; that the two years in NS will be a problem because it will affect the progress of the motor racing career. In fact, not just racing drivers but probably other sporting talents also feel the same way. Just for fun, did Ronald Susilo do NS?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS really waste of time. How many will go back take the rifle and fight if war coming to SG.
For me I will try my best to leave the country. Because nothing worth to fight for.
Even SG can win most facilities like road/building/transport will be gone.
Everytime I ask the same question many said that they will fight. Very funny answer/they realy don't understand war. Just sent them to front line in Irag/Afgan I think many will chance their mind.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
those that are able n willing to leave, they will go. (usually those richer, stronger, able.)
those unable to n unwilling to leave. they will stay. (various reason, no money, no transport, family, etc.)

kartingrocks

For an exceptional talent like Bradley, I'm pretty sure he'll have no problems looking for another adoptive country to pursue his career.

He is an exceptional talent indeed, i agree with you khunking, but i don't think he has any issues with Singapore.

It's only common for reporters to ask foreigners (esp. those representing the Singapore) if they will consider taking up Singapore citizenship. In this case Richard said he is considering it, but he may not be able to do NS.

He also added that he's not perfectly clear on the regulations, so until he's in discussions with the relevant authorities, he can't make a decision.

It's good for Singapore that he's here - his talent has helped raise the Singapore flag up high. And don't forget, he owes Singapore nothing - he's not being paid to come here and race for Singapore!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even SG can win most facilities like road/building/transport will be gone.

Exactly. SAF is to prevent enemy reaching Singapore. Enemy landing on Singapore means game over. Even British Empire couldn't defend that. They made the mistake of not defending Malayan forests, but realised too late.

Everytime I ask the same question many said that they will fight. Very funny answer/they realy don't understand war. Just sent them to front line in Irag/Afgan I think many will chance their mind.

If you sent them to Iraq or Afghan frontline, they'd have no choice to change their minds. Fight or die. Most probably, fight still die. Only possible choice maybe AWOL before getting on the transport plane.

A Shankar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically he is not wrong to say "NS waste time".

Singapore will never is into a War so why need to train for such scenario? Might as well make them perform community work - Clean the oil spill.