• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LANjiao Transport Authority - 8 In 10 Commuters Satisfied With Public Transport

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
8 In 10 Commuters Satisfied With Public Transport Services In Singapore

Commuters highlight accessibility/location of bus stops, interchanges and MRT stations, and the safety/security of public transport services in Singapore as top service attributes, according to the Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2006.

Overall, eight in 10 (84%) respondents were satisfied with bus and rail services in Singapore. On a 10-point scale (where 1 represents ‘not satisfied’ and 10 represents ‘very satisfied’), the overall average satisfaction rating for our public transport services was 7.0.

On a comparative basis, commuters were more satisfied with the MRT services (94% of respondents satisfied) than bus services (77% of respondents satisfied). This is not unexpected as the MRT, with its dedicated right of way, offers more reliable and speedy services as compared to buses.

Among the 10 service attributes surveyed, commuters were most satisfied with the accessibility/location of our bus stops and MRT stations (91% of respondents satisfied) and the safety/security of our public transport services (89% of respondents satisfied). Travel time of public transport services also fared relatively well in the survey: 8 in 10 respondents were satisfied with the travel time (85% of respondents satisfied).

Waiting time and the “fare and level of service”[1] are two attributes which commuters were relatively less satisfied with. Of those surveyed, 68% were satisfied with waiting time, and 76% were satisfied with the attribute on “fare and level of service”.

The Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2006, commissioned by LTA in November 2006, measured commuters’ satisfaction with our mass public transport services, namely basic bus services and rail services. This is the first time LTA has conducted such a survey for both the public bus and rail systems and services. This will replace the Public Transport Council (PTC) Bus Passenger Satisfaction Survey.

LTA plans to carry out this customer satisfaction survey annually as a barometer of how actual travel experiences on our public transport system measure up to commuters’ expectations. This survey would enable LTA and the Public Transport Council (PTC) to monitor and work with the public transport operators to improve the service attributes that are important and which have most room for improvement. For bus commuters, waiting time and reliability of bus services are two such attributes. LTA is working with the bus operators to address them through measures such as giving buses greater priority on the road while the PTC has introduced a more stringent Quality of Service Standards for basic bus services last year.

Please refer to the Annex for more information on the Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2006.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to bus service 97? <---http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?t=61207
May 27, 2010

LAST Friday, I waited more than 40 minutes for both bus service 97 and 97E at the bus stop in front of The Fullerton hotel. The routes of the two services were prominently displayed on the noticeboard at the bus stop.
I was on my way to a meeting in the Millenia Tower vicinity and was told that the bus was the fastest and most convenient mode of transportation to get there.
The SBS Transit hotline number was also listed on the noticeboard, so I called to confirm that the services were still running.
I was greeted by the usual recorded message advising me to key in a number and wait for a customer service officer. I followed the instructions and was greeted by a short ringing tone and, unbelievably, the same recorded message all over again.
As the buses never came, I ended up having to take a taxi which cost me $10 due to the peak hour surcharge. I later discovered that my colleague had a similar experience.
Has bus service 97 been terminated? If it has, then the bus company has acted irresponsibly in leading commuters to believe that the service still exists. If it has not, can the company explain the irregular schedule of the service, especially during the peak hour period?

Jerome Loi

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Passengers forced to travel in darkness
because bus 852 so ill-maintained <---
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/got_service_or_not/381404/bus_852.html
Posted on 26 May 2010

STOMPer Maung Min Than Win
was not impressed when he boarded this bus and realised that it was dark inside. The seats were also in bad condition and heat from the engine could be felt in the bus.

Something should be done about the maintenance of old buses, says the sender.

Maung Min Than Win says:

bus_852-thumbnail.jpg

"This photo was taken is inside SMRT bus number 852.

"I was travelling from the stop opposite Chinese High School to Bukit Batok at around 8pm today (May 26).

"As you can see, the lights at the back of the bus were not working.

"The seat were also dirty and old. The cushions were all flat.

"I was seated near the rear and I could feel the heat from the engine from the bench.

"This made the seat very hot and hence the air-con was not cooling as well.

"SMRT should maintain their buses properly especially since crimes are easily carried out in the dark".

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah,,,so according to LTA, these people must be veri happy lah...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::oIo::oIo:

Posted on 27 May 2010
The train was like a microwave oven!

the_train_was_like_a_microwave_oven-thumbnail.jpg

The air-conditioning was barely there and it was unreasonably stuffy, says STOMPer sticky fairy, who boarded the train at Tampines this morning.

She said in an email (May 27):

"I boarded the west-bound SMRT train at 8.05am this morning at Tampines.

"Throughout the entire journey, it seemed like I was trapped inside a microwave oven.

"The air-conditioning was barely there and it was unreasonably stuffy.

"I'm sure the train driver would be aware when the train gets too crowded with people.

"He/She should have more common sense to turn the air-conditioning up a reasonable level for the comfort of the passengers.

"When I arrived at my destination, my clothes were damp from perspiration.

"I noticed there were other passengers who were fanning themselves with A4 documents and etc..

"It doesn't hurt to have freezing SMRT cabins.

"SMRT, please do something about it."

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

<---
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/what_bugs_me/381490/the_train_was_like_a_microwave_oven.html
Posted on 27 May 2010

The air-conditioning was barely there and it was unreasonably stuffy, says STOMPer sticky fairy, who boarded the train at Tampines this morning.

"Throughout the entire journey, it seemed like I was trapped inside a microwave oven.

"I'm sure the train driver would be aware when the train gets too crowded with people.

"He/She should have more common sense to turn the air-conditioning up a reasonable level for the comfort of the passengers.

"I noticed there were other passengers who were fanning themselves with A4 documents and etc..

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why they hire the scholars.. to do things like this

so ang mo investors will believe

and the locals suffer but keep quiet

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

<---
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/what_bugs_me/381490/the_train_was_like_a_microwave_oven.html
Posted on 27 May 2010

SORRY, the 8 out of 10 figures are outdated. The latest figures show 9 out of 10 satisfied!

Commuters Are More Satisfied With Public Transport Services

More than 9 in 10 commuters are satisfied; Satisfaction rating has gone up

1. More than 9 in 10 or 93.8% of respondents were satisfied with the overall public transport services in Singapore based on the Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2009, conducted in October last year by SIM University (UniSIM). This is up by about 4 percentage points from 89.5% in 2008. Overall satisfaction rating for public transport services also improved to 7.4 based on a 10-point scale (where 1 represents 'not satisfied' and 10 represents 'very satisfied'). This is slightly higher than the 7.1 registered in the 2008 survey.

Top three most important public transport service attributes

2. Of the 8 service attributes surveyed, respondents ranked safety/security, travel time and waiting time of public transport services in Singapore as the most important service attributes. Safety/security received the highest satisfaction rating of 7.8, followed by travel time and waiting time with satisfaction ratings of 7.3 and 6.5 respectively. In terms of the percentage of commuters satisfied, 91% were satisfied with the safety/security of our public transport services, 86% were satisfied with travel time and 68% were satisfied with waiting time. Compared to 2008, these three attributes received higher ratings and higher percentages of satisfied commuters.

3. Other attributes that fared well include the accessibility of public transport services (90% satisfied); comfort (86% satisfied); and service information (85% satisfied). Details can be found at Table 1 (Annex A).

Highlights of Survey Results

4. Generally, commuters were more satisfied with MRT services compared to bus services, with an overall satisfaction rating of 7.7 compared to 7.2 for buses. In terms of percentage of satisfied commuters, 96% were satisfied with our MRT services compared to 92.5% for bus services. This can be attributed to the fact that the MRT, with its dedicated tracks, is able to provide faster and more reliable services.

5. Nonetheless, for bus services, the percentage of satisfied commuters rose to 93% in 2009, from 87% in 2008. Rating for overall satisfaction also increased to 7.2 in 2009 from 6.9 in 2008. [Details can be found at Table 2 (Annex A)]. This can be attributed to the implementation of Land Transport Masterplan initiatives which included the expansion of the Mandatory Give Way to Buses Scheme in June 2009; and the new Quality of Service (QoS) standards introduced by the Public Transport Council in August 2009 which require bus operators to meet reduced bus headways (frequencies) of 10 minutes during peak periods (compared to 15 minutes previously) for 80% of basic bus services and 90% for feeder services (compared to 85% previously). More than 260 bus trips were added by the operators to meet this new standard.

6. For MRT services, the percentage of satisfied commuters increased slightly to 96% from 94% in 2008 and the rating for overall satisfaction also increased correspondingly to 7.7 from 7.5 in 2008. [Details can be found at Table 3 (Annex A).] These improvements could be attributed to the expansion of the rail network, with the opening of the Boon Lay MRT Extension in February 2009 and the opening of the Circle Line from Bartley to Marymount in May 2009, as well as service improvements such as the operators running more train trips and deploying more service ambassadors during peak hours.

7. "We are heartened by the results of this survey and are pleased that more commuters are satisfied with our public transport services. We will continue to work hard to improve public transport service levels especially in areas that are most important to commuters. This includes public transport reliability, efficiency and comfort levels, to make bus and train journeys better for/ commuters," said Mr Yam Ah Mee, Land Transport Authority (LTA) Chief Executive.

8. For more information on the Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2009, please refer to Annex A.

Moving forward

9. While the survey findings showed higher commuter satisfaction in all attributes, public transport waiting time continued to receive the lowest rating (6.5) and the lowest percentage of commuters satisfied (68%). Similarly, while the satisfaction level of crowdedness has improved, there is room for further improvement.

10. The opening of the Circle Line (CCL) from Bartley to Dhoby Ghaut, which comprises 11 stations - Tai Seng, MacPherson, Paya Lebar, Dakota, Mountbatten, Stadium, Nicoll Highway, Promenade, Esplanade, Bras Basah and Dhoby Ghaut - on 17 April 2010, will increase the connectivity of our MRT network and also add more capacity to our MRT system. About 10-15% of commuter trips currently made on existing lines along critical stretches are expected to be transferred to the CCL when it is fully opened next year. This will help to reduce crowding levels for a more comfortable ride.

11. Other upcoming rail projects that would improve crowdedness and waiting time include the Jurong East Modification Project (JEMP), which is expected to be completed in 2011. In the interim, LTA will continue to facilitate parallel bus services along busy MRT segments as well as study how to improve the attractiveness of such bus services so as to provide alternatives for commuters along these stretches.

12. To further improve the waiting time of bus services, LTA will work with the operators to see what more can be done to further increase frequencies in heavily-used bus services. We hope to make an announcement in the next few months. To improve travel times, LTA will extend the Mandatory Give-Way to Buses scheme from the current 44 to another 158 bus bays island-wide by end 2010. The scheme has proven to be effective in helping buses exit bus bays more quickly by up to 73% in some cases. LTA will also look at the possibility of giving buses signal priority at traffic junctions.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
how and when did they survey ? :confused:

KNN ... they sure think they everything is good, because there is no easy channel or ways for us to feedback or complain about the service.

Most of my bad experience is related to SMRT bus (especially 854 and 969) no air con. I have tried to talk to the bus driver or counter officer at the interchange, but the guys just smile... and said is not their job, ask me to call their customer service. I asked what is the tel , they said dont know.

Finally, there is once, I call the customer service, but was put through 10 minute of music...KNN.. I hang up, give up :mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
this survey done in 2006 before the bulk of the FTs came in.

1. More than 9 in 10 or 93.8% of respondents were satisfied with the overall public transport services in Singapore based on the Public Transport Customer Satisfaction Survey 2009, conducted in October last year by SIM University (UniSIM).

Conducted last year leh

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP !!!!

Such a glaring misconnect between survey and real situation that our credible, highly trusted, timely States' Times can still publish as real................AMAZING BEYOND BELIEVE ~!

Clearly their ivory towers are really so high, probably above the clouds, that they cannot even see the ground.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Ah it's correct what! What lanjiao ah???

Let me tell you ah why the survey is correct ah.

They survey total 10 person. And they are Me(Lee Kuan Yew), Lee Hsien Loong, Ho Ching, Nathan, Mah Bow Tan, Wong Kan Seng, Teo Chee Hean, Jayakumar, Goh Chok Tong, and Vivan Balakrishnan.

So there are 10 person, and I forced the prataman Nathan and the face slapper Jayakumar to said not so happy with the Public Transport even though they never take public transport in their whole life.

Then in this case the survey will be valid as if everyone said they like Public Transport, then the survey will look like fake.

So out of 10 person, 2 not happy correct rite ah????

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, there is once, I call the customer service, but was put through 10 minute of music...KNN.. I hang up, give up

I bet you write a letter to ministry, they will say your letter / email contain malicious material .

The rest one can imagine . Just too many complains .

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Ah it's correct what! What lanjiao ah???

Let me tell you ah why the survey is correct ah.

They survey total 10 person. And they are Me(Lee Kuan Yew), Lee Hsien Loong, Ho Ching, Nathan, Mah Bow Tan, Wong Kan Seng, Teo Chee Hean, Jayakumar, Goh Chok Tong, and Vivan Balakrishnan.

So there are 10 person, and I forced the prataman Nathan and the face slapper Jayakumar to said not so happy with the Public Transport even though they never take public transport in their whole life.

Then in this case the survey will be valid as if everyone said they like Public Transport, then the survey will look like fake.

So out of 10 person, 2 not happy correct rite ah????

But but but....Old Man, usually hor....the bigger the sample size for survey, the better, otherwise NOT ACCURATE, NOT REPRESENTATIVE and SERIOUSLY FLAWED.

Why huh? We can't handle the truth is it?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 10 person takes the off peak train lah. Off peak got seat what, how not to be happy ?
Aiya,this elite leeder on the top cannot understand the issue at the bottom. Maybe they interview the foreign talent from 3rd world.
They should get someone to interview those in microwave@e-peak and show the reply on TV, we want to see who these tom dick and harry that make up the eight, why so happy.
Maybe we should do another interview , how many of our minister take the MRT daily since they are so proud of it. At least ask our transport minister how many time he has taken since taking up his post. Anyway, we all know lah, these days we have creative accountant and creative statistician 'thinking out of the box' or is it 'selective listening' during survey.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
But but but....Old Man, usually hor....the bigger the sample size for survey, the better, otherwise NOT ACCURATE, NOT REPRESENTATIVE and SERIOUSLY FLAWED.

Why huh? We can't handle the truth is it?

1-3.jpg

Talk abt big, we are veri big what ah.

All are big shots and high flyers in Singapore. All are big ministers cum big directors in many companies.

And all have veri big salaries and big income what ah.

We are all veri 'big'. And I am a 'BIG' American cum drinker also ah.