• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Protest at Orchard Road

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 24 May 2010
'Protest' at Orchard Road: Hope they have a police permit

protest_at_orchad_road_did_they_get_a_police_permit-thumbnail.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>

<OBJECT id=flashXdComm name=flashXdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

</p>&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
5%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Shiok!
72%

LOL!
5%

So sad
0%

Sure or not?
2%

Bochup
16%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPers Aisha and Decadent spotted a group of people staging a "demonstration" on Orchard Road recently. They were waving signs, shouting through loudhailers, singing and dancing.

STOMPer Decadent hopes that the organisers of this outdoor publicity stunt have obtained a police permit:

"It seems like every event now has some kind of flash mob or outdoor gathering.

"I'm sure some people see these activities as a nuisance now, with the noise and crowd in an area that is already overcrowded.

"I hope organisers of these publicity stunts have obtained the necessary permits from the Police.

"These sort of events could quickly become chaotic, especially in a busy area like Orchard Road.

"I also can't help but feel that some of these teenagers are being exploited. I doubt they are paid well, or at all, to participate in this kind of publicity stunt.

Said STOMPer Aisha, who was on the scene:

"There were about 40 people, kids, teens, & adults walking down Orchard Road with protest signs that read "freedom of expression" and "recognize local talent".

"They were all full of energy and dressed up in red, black and white. It was an amazing sight and I decided to follow them as they were shouting through their handheld PA systems that they were going to march to a specific location in town and stage the protest there.

"I was curious to find out what they were doing, so I followed them.

"They walked along Orchard Road and finally came to the spot in front of Wisma Atria. To my surprise, there was another big group that sported similar outfits and protest banners that came from the other end of Orchard!

"The best part was that they put on a street performance, involving everyone who was marching. These kids showed in their performance a lot of heart, passion, and enjoyment which awed me, and that they wanted to be seen and heard.

"I managed to get my hands on a flyer they were giving out. Apparently they are from a new up-and-coming dance studio."

"There were about 40 people, kids, teens, & adults walking down Orchard Road with protest signs that read "freedom of expression" and "recognize local talent".

"They were all full of energy and dressed up in red, black and white. It was an amazing sight and I decided to follow them as they were shouting through their handheld PA systems that they were going to march to a specific location in town and stage the protest there.

"They walked along Orchard Road and finally came to the spot in front of Wisma Atria. To my surprise, there was another big group that sported similar outfits and protest banners that came from the other end of Orchard!

"The best part was that they put on a street performance, involving everyone who was marching. These kids showed in their performance a lot of heart, passion, and enjoyment which awed me, and that they wanted to be seen and heard.

"I managed to get my hands on a flyer they were giving out. Apparently they are from a new up-and-coming dance studio."

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: publicity stunt

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an irony.

"Stop imitating and start creating"? From the pics, they seemed to be doing hip hop moves. So much for creativity.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluff one la. After the 'protestors' walked so long still no poodles in sight to stop them meh ?

You think WKS still dared to sleep meh ?

My 10 month old kiddie saw the photos also laughed more than seeing a clown !!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
bloody nuisance

block her block there

shud arrest and send them all to tekong or tuas where they can protest all they want

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=2&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>

"Stop Imitating. Start Creating"...that's bull shit. Their hip hop dance itself is already imitating the blacks. Perhaps they have mass sex orgies on Orchard Road then I would say they are really living to their objective of "Start Creating."

</p>&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
5%

Shiok!
72%

LOL!
5%

So sad
0%

Sure or not?
2%

Bochup
16%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPers Aisha and Decadent spotted a group of people staging a "demonstration" on Orchard Road recently. They were waving signs, shouting through loudhailers, singing and dancing.

STOMPer Decadent hopes that the organisers of this outdoor publicity stunt have obtained a police permit:

"It seems like every event now has some kind of flash mob or outdoor gathering.

"I'm sure some people see these activities as a nuisance now, with the noise and crowd in an area that is already overcrowded.

"I hope organisers of these publicity stunts have obtained the necessary permits from the Police.

"These sort of events could quickly become chaotic, especially in a busy area like Orchard Road.

"I also can't help but feel that some of these teenagers are being exploited. I doubt they are paid well, or at all, to participate in this kind of publicity stunt.

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: publicity stunt[/QUOTE]

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bluff one la. After the 'protestors' walked so long still no poodles in sight to stop them meh ?

You think WKS still dared to sleep meh ?

My 10 month old kiddie saw the photos also laughed more than seeing a clown !!

WKS will only stop this if that said dance studio is called "Chee Soon Juan Dancing School"

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they shud go hong lim park n watch their own clown show... waste of time.
gahmen says those small farts jus seeking attention. noneed bother noneed bother. wait for another flash floods to wash them off orchard rd...

knnbccb

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phew!....for a moment I almost jumped out of my skin. :eek:

Thought was another YOG stunt. Phew.

Back to sleep on a mid-afternon raining day. Can't go out as likely flooding again. Canoe still in workshop under servicing.