• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

special privilege for traffic poodle

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
if every other motorist need to follow law to park in designated parking, car lot for car or pick-up or van or small lorry, motorcycle of all classes at bike parking lot, big lorry or trailer at respectice lorry or trailer park.

how come MIW have special right to park their bike in car parking lot?

tp-special.jpg

if they're attending to case, they anyhow park also no choice. but y so special when the fella go ta-pao kopi also can park at car lot? y no parking attendant give summon for this kind of case?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Parking warden will temporary blind when they passing that slot. Even if you tell him to print the fine he/she will not do so also. But I have encounter one parking warden really aggresive give a fine to Mindef car.
I give that warden 5 star.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe for them they also have internal or external rivalry. parking attendant prefer to book MID car plate than QX or TP or ROV

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
if every other motorist need to follow law to park in designated parking, car lot for car or pick-up or van or small lorry, motorcycle of all classes at bike parking lot, big lorry or trailer at respectice lorry or trailer park.

how come MIW have special right to park their bike in car parking lot?

tp-special.jpg

if they're attending to case, they anyhow park also no choice. but y so special when the fella go ta-pao kopi also can park at car lot? y no parking attendant give summon for this kind of case?

They 're "KING OF THE ROAD" who dare say anything?

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
They 're "KING OF THE ROAD" who dare say anything?

King of the road is one-thing...illegal parking is another :rolleyes: If this bike is STOMPed, good to see what kind of reply cos its very obvious that the MIW is not attending to any emergency.

Granted that we are all human as needs to "drink & eat", even if one needs to tapow, it could have been done better so as not to attract the negative attention :cool:

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
A catch-22 situation for the traffic cop really. I'm sure there are no standing orders that prohibit the buying of drinks or take away food. The bike has two gigantic luggage boxes stuffed with emergency equipment. It will not fit into the standard motorcycle parking lot and parking outside the lot will cause obstruction to other road users. Those of us who had served in uniform organisations would understand the serious consequences of being held responsible for the damage to government property under our charge. in this case we should adopt a live and let live response. The best thing to come out of this is to have carpark rules changed whereby classified wide girth bikes should be allowed to park in car lots if the rider is willing to pay the same rates as cars. After all the road tax for these bikes don't come cheap. I believe police vehicles need not tear coupons to pay for the use of carparks.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
A catch-22 situation for the traffic cop really. I'm sure there are no standing orders that prohibit the buying of drinks or take away food. The bike has two gigantic luggage boxes stuffed with emergency equipment. It will not fit into the standard motorcycle parking lot and parking outside the lot will cause obstruction to other road users. Those of us who had served in uniform organisations would understand the serious consequences of being held responsible for the damage to government property under our charge. in this case we should adopt a live and let live response. The best thing to come out of this is to have carpark rules changed whereby classified wide girth bikes should be allowed to park in car lots if the rider is willing to pay the same rates as cars. After all the road tax for these bikes don't come cheap. I believe police vehicles need not tear coupons to pay for the use of carparks.

Firstly, most of the equipment in those panniers are for the managing of traffic there is little or nothing for emergencies except perhaps for spare batteries.

Secondly, the bike will fit into a standard motorcycle lot with a little skill. How else do those who ride Hayabusas and Goldwings which are way larger park their bikes? Besides, any class 2 touring bike will have very much similar if not larger footprint then the TP bikes.

What we see here is a case of irresponsibility and blatant disrespect for traffic regulations a very common trait of our law enforcers.

Last edited:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Granted that some leeway could be given to these bikes from the TP, but if they face difficullty in parking in m/cycle lots, at least both of them could have some sense to park in the same car park lot and keep the other free.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
but if they face difficullty in parking in m/cycle lots, at least both of them could have some sense to park in the same car park lot and keep the other free.

I think it's the same bike (TP 851 P) but the pics were shot from different angles.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, most of the equipment in those panniers are for the managing of traffic there is little or nothing for emergencies except perhaps for spare batteries.

Secondly, the bike will fit into a standard motorcycle lot with a little skill. How else do those who ride Hayabusas and Goldwings which are way larger park their bikes? Besides, any class 2 touring bike will have very much similar if not larger footprint then the TP bikes.

What we see here is a case of irresponsibility and blatant disrespect for traffic regulations a very common trait of our law enforcers.

I would not want to touch on the legality part of the issue any further, but to say that the TP bike has the same footprint as any Class 2 touring bike is stretching the facts a bit too far. Firstly, the Hayabusa is a sports bike despite it's bulkiness. As for the Goldwing and other full dressed tourers, I can't recall any models with OEM integrated luggage box system that is as wide as the TP's Yamaha XS 900 with after market add on panniers. As far as I can remember since I obtained my riding licence, the TP bikes I've seen were never fitted with such wide panniers. Even the military police VFRs are not outfitted with those. I once owned a Honda 750 with the GIVI 3 piece luggage system and I can tell you its much wider at the back than the front and you need to exercise real care when you attempt to make overtaking maneuvers. The Goldwing is not as wide as the TP's Yamaha. I know that because I owned one before and I can't park between two bikes without overlapping their lots. So I say it's not possible for the TP bike at all especialy with regard to the points I made in my previous post.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not want to touch on the legality part of the issue any further, but to say that the TP bike has the same footprint as any Class 2 touring bike is stretching the facts a bit too far. Firstly, the Hayabusa is a sports bike despite it's bulkiness. As for the Goldwing and other full dressed tourers, I can't recall any models with OEM integrated luggage box system that is as wide as the TP's Yamaha XS 900 with after market add on panniers. As far as I can remember since I obtained my riding licence, the TP bikes I've seen were never fitted with such wide panniers. Even the military police VFRs are not outfitted with those. I once owned a Honda 750 with the GIVI 3 piece luggage system and I can tell you its much wider at the back than the front and you need to exercise real care when you attempt to make overtaking maneuvers. The Goldwing is not as wide as the TP's Yamaha. I know that because I owned one before and I can't park between two bikes without overlapping their lots. So I say it's not possible for the TP bike at all especialy with regard to the points I made in my previous post.

I'm pretty sure that the panniers on the TP bikes are around 35L, which is a commonly available commercial size. Bike lots these days don't have standard width, I've seen really wide ones in AMK MSCP and really narrow ones along Depot Road. I agree with you fully that in some or most cases, you'll overlap bike lots but parking in a car lot is a bit too much.

It's gonna be like the guy at my place who drives a 360 Spider and insists on parking in the middle of two lots cause he claims his car is too wide while another neighbor who drives a CL500 makes do.

Nice to know a fellow biker in here, I myself ride and used to ride a Hayabusa with 3 piece luggage system fitted when I went up to Chiang Rai. You're rite to say that you need to exercise real care when you attempt to make overtaking maneuvers with side panniers. But then again, when riding with such a setup, I normally treat myself like a car and don't squeeze between cars. It's all a matter of knowing your ride.

:-)

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
King of the road is one-thing...illegal parking is another :rolleyes: If this bike is STOMPed, good to see what kind of reply cos its very obvious that the MIW is not attending to any emergency.

Granted that we are all human as needs to "drink & eat", even if one needs to tapow, it could have been done better so as not to attract the negative attention :cool:
want to tapao not say cannot la, they also human and they don't have cookhouse in their facility. but i'm sure got cafeteria in their building la.

but want to tapao, y must use tax payer's paid vehicle & fuel to tapao? sometimes we also see the neighbourhood mata drive QX go rid ppl from illegal parking near prata shop, but then after all illegal parking gone, they also illegal park, then tapao supper & kopi go back.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to argue over what is wider or bigger. TP bike is paid by tax payers, and their place is on the roads & highways to fulfill their duties. the purpose of those bikes are not for them to use as errand transport to park & tapao.

in short, they wanna park on the road side, curb side to do their duty, we got nothing to say. they any how park in carpark lot to tapao kopi is denying a car/ van/ pick-up/ small lorry of a parking lot.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Part of their duties being taken over by parking wardens doing the dirty jobs, so those
poodles have time to eat snake and lim kopi.