• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WC 2010 Brazil : Ronaldinho, Adriano miss out

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

May 12, 2010
Ronaldinho, Adriano miss out

RIO DE JANEIRO - THERE was no place for Ronaldinho or Adriano in Brazil coach Dunga's 23-man squad for the World Cup, which was announced on Tuesday, though, Ronaldinho still has a slight hope as he was named on a seven player reserve list. Both players have fallen out of favour during Dunga's reign and were not expected to be selected for the June 11-July 11 tournament in South Africa. The 30-year-old Ronaldinho, part of the 2002 World Cup-winning team, made his last appearance for Brazil in April 2009 while Dunga had expressed concern over Adriano's fitness. 'We did all we could to get him (Adriano) to full fitness, but in the end we had to make a decision,' said Dunga.

Ronaldinho's AC Milan team-mate Alexandre Pato was also overlooked, with Wolfsburg striker Grafite taking the fourth forward berth alongside Robinho, Luis Fabiano and Nilmar. 'The players who I have called up enjoy my complete confidence,' said Dunga, who is seeking to emulate Franz Beckenbauer and Mario Zagallo in winning the World Cup both as a player and a coach. 'Unfortunately I was only able to select 23 players... I judged them on their commitment, attitude, and the ability of the players to assume responsibility and at the same time inject passion into their performances.' Brazil, five-time World Cup winners, have been drawn in Group G alongside Ivory Coast, Portugal and North Korea. -- AFP

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AN EMBARRASSING SURPLUS OF TALENT !

Ronaldinho, Adraino, Pato can literally walk into any other of the 31 National Teams going to the World Cup - but they are deemed NOT good enough for Brazil's 2010 WOrld Cup Final Team ?

Yo, wanna come play for Sinkiepore, where FT is KING ? :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunga wants to do a Carlos Bilardo 1986 but he's making a big mistake. He doesn't have a Diego Maradona. If he gets Spain in the 2nd Round, Brazil would be knocked out. Even if he doesn't get Spain, Q-Final is limit for his squad. The world cup winners this time would be speaking Spanish, either Spain or Argentina.