• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSman who died had NOT submitted medical certificate

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSman who died had not submitted medical certificate
By Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 02 October 2008 1702 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/379828/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Investigations into the death of full-time National Serviceman Joe Foo Wei Rong found that he had been given medical leave two days before he died but he did not inform officials about it.

The Defence Ministry said in a statement on Thursday that a medical certificate dated September 28 was found in Private Foo's personal bunk cupboard after his death. The medical centre had no documentation of his medical certificate.
Soldiers are required to submit certifications of their medical conditions at the centre.

Private Foo had seen a doctor at the Singapore General Hospital on Sunday. He was supposed to rest from September 28 to 29 for "sprains and strains of the knee and leg", and to be given light duties for the subsequent four days.

It is not known why Private Foo did not report his medical condition, but investigations are currently underway and a full report is expected in eight weeks.

The former Singapore Polytechnic student died on Tuesday while doing chin-ups at Lim Chu Kang camp.

Friends and relatives remember Private Foo as an athletic young man who enjoyed basketball, and his death came as a shock to many who turned up at his wake on Thursday.

Private Foo is the third full-time National Serviceman to have died in camp this year. Recruit Andrew Cheah and Officer Cadet Clifton Lam suffered the same fate in June.

All three were former students at polytechnics where physical activities are not compulsory, unlike junior colleges where exercise is part of the curriculum.
Chairperson of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Defence and Foreign Affairs Indranee Rajah, who is also the MP of Tanjong Pagar GRC, said: "Obviously it needs to be studied more deeply and carefully, but to me, it does seem to me that before anybody goes in for NS, the preconditioning is important.

"And as far as possible, from secondary school, all the way to the time they enter National Service for BMT (Basic Military Training), it's important that the levels of fitness should be maintained."

The polytechnics that were contacted said they have many sporting activities in place for students.

Singapore Polytechnic says an estimated 15 per cent of total student population take part in sports. Half of its 2007 graduating cohort sat for the National Physical Fitness Award tests, an increase from 35 per cent in the previous year.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Face it. Sinkieland seems to be a country where his "part-time" soldiers die without going to any war but doing fitness work. Goshh....

SInkie must truly understand what voting is all about, you can kill someone indirectly.

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
PTE FOO, PES A, given MC by SGH, did not endorse MC to get ATT-B or ATT-C for leg injury, collapse while doing chin-up? I think there're some missing links. And I think there's definately some cover up.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Doing a fitness routine can kill someone as fit as him. What about those old and slow reservist?

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are some issue with the checkup b4 enlistment.

on the reservist, pls......... not all r fat n etc la. have some grace in ur words pls, land of thousand smiles, y so serious? lolx:biggrin:

we all really hope mindef do some review on their pre enlist checkup:biggrin:

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is Pte Foo fault of not reporting his condition?

Well, if you in NSF and you get a MC, who will not submit?
Maybe submit to the PC or MO and kena chase out and no choice keep at drawer.
Once i kana Chicken box and submit my MC.
The MO say i try to get rest, in the end, let me go run SOC.
LAter whole company nearly 50% down, very gd!!
MO kana fuck

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like theyre trying to push the blame to the serviceman, thinking n believing that dead man cant talk. bt they 4got that practically more than 60% of our sg men have gone thru NS. its really beyond sense that any idiot when given a precious MC to rest, would forfeit that privilege, try to be a hero & go training...

i think some have made valid points, he's a diploma grad but now holds rank of PTE. so that means he already proved that he's combat fit, but has no leadership quality, cant qualify for sispec or ocs.... then all the more no need to be so garang n try to cheong when he's already an MC, and of all places... SGH

something is obviously wrong n they're just trying to cook up some lame story to cover up.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he's a diploma grad but now holds rank of PTE. so that means he already proved that he's combat fit, but has no leadership quality, cant qualify for sispec or ocs...

There are some with leadership qualities and yet is a pte. They want to be leader not in army but in real life.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being throw in OCs or Sispec is a leadership thingy.
Yes, u may say leadership in NS dun mean leader in real life, BUT it is a great place to start. everyone have to start somewhere right?:biggrin:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when the pieces of the puzzle don't match, you know that the shitty times is lying. Big cover-up somewhere along the line.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the pieces of the puzzle don't match, you know that the shitty times is lying. Big cover-up somewhere along the line.

they are like tt, i really hope the 66.6% remember all this stories by "THEM" n really sit down n think b4 they vote:biggrin:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some with leadership qualities and yet is a pte. They want to be leader not in army but in real life.

Being throw in OCs or Sispec is a leadership thingy.
Yes, u may say leadership in NS dun mean leader in real life, BUT it is a great place to start. everyone have to start somewhere right?:biggrin:
sorry, my bad, no offense for any of the sgt or offrs out there, bt i realized during my time that alota idiots going all out for sispec/ocs were ppl who're too full of themselves. they 4get that being a commander means he takes responsibility of each n every man in his section/ plt/ coy.... all they think about is, having the rank gives them special power to tekan the men. also, they 4get that with the rank, they also extend their NS liability during reservist.

anyway, to each his own. perhaps PTE FOO was indeed smart enough to give up wasting his efforts for sispec/ ocs. however, the mystery remains 'y would he be training/ wanna be traning when he was given MC from SGH?'

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are like tt, i really hope the 66.6% remember all this stories by "THEM" n really sit down n think b4 they vote:biggrin:
even if the ppl bear all the crap in mind, n have intentions to vote for the next GE, they gotta pray very hard that thered be no walk-overs.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offense taken.
I "was" a 3rd sgt back in those days, i know what u r trying to say lolx, n it is all true. lolx

TT is why i seriously dun think PTE will no endose his 3days MC, be cos to any NSF, 3days of MC is god sent gift :biggrin:

think this issue will go down together with toilet break issue:biggrin: pls really, 66.6% pls remember all this in the next GE:biggrin:

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if the ppl bear all the crap in mind, n have intentions to vote for the next GE, they gotta pray very hard that thered be no walk-overs.

As long as we do our best, even if they win, they see the result end of the day, the old one might still get heart attack n die:biggrin: have hope:biggrin:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, being a LCP medic, its easier getting out of Singapore to study. When you're an insignificant bastard, its easier to leave. If you're an officer in your NSF days, its harder to get out. And you serve another ten more ICTs as well.

So what's the point of the extra dough for a mere one year being an NSF officer when you have to do more ICTs, and cannot go overseas for work?