• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1.90 Lasi Lemak . Do you dare to eat ?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Double typo turns 'nasi lemak' into 'lasi lamak' on this sign

theres_a_new_dish_town-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Lee spotted this new dish called the Curry Lasi Lemak near Khatib MRT station when it should be Curry Nasi Lemak.

In an email, the STOMPer wrote:

"I spot this advertisement at a road junction near Khatib MRT Station in Yishun."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...Stompers really one kind!

They are the type who pay first, then comprain expensive later. Now, they comprain about spelling even though is cheap. KNN :oIo:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...Stompers really one kind!

They are the type who pay first, then comprain expensive later. Now, they comprain about spelling even though is cheap. KNN :oIo:

Probably not the issue of the spelling, but probably Ah Tiong selling their rendition of nasi lemak which is more worrying.
:cool:

I yet to encounter an ah tiong sell prata.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably not the issue of the spelling, but probably Ah Tiong selling their rendition of nasi lemak which is more worrying.

Already seen ah tiong sell prata already. Try ur luck at Jurong Point's alfresco foodcourt. :rolleyes:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

when you see yr prata sauce got more oil than gravy, then cook is likely to be ah tiong. cannot understand why they must put so much oil.

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
this can only shows that the advertising is a success in capturing other people's attention.
i do know that at time people purposely spell wrongly, the whole purpose is to grab the attention of others.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this can only shows that the advertising is a success in capturing other people's attention.
i do know that at time people purposely spell wrongly, the whole purpose is to grab the attention of others.

I thik purposely print wrong spelling. Owner will not accept the banner for the wrong printing and even the printing owner will check the spelling unless is FT from PRC.

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe that stall trying 'fusion' dishes:
Chinese Curry and Indian Lassi with Malay Lemak?

Homemade otak translated from Malay means Homemade Brain.

There was a Chinese canteen in Science Park that used to sell Chicken and Mutton Nasi Berani (Brave rice in Malay).

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
recycle cooking oil is very cheap in china, you go the restaurant backyard gully, scoop it up, heat and melt it resold outside of china that done, money then rolling in. anythings from china is cheap!
when you see yr prata sauce got more oil than gravy, then cook is likely to be ah tiong. cannot understand why they must put so much oil.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
recycle cooking oil is very cheap in china, you go the restaurant backyard gully, scoop it up, heat and melt it resold outside of china that done, money then rolling in. anythings from china is cheap!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Double typo turns 'nasi lemak' into 'lasi lamak' on this sign

theres_a_new_dish_town-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Lee spotted this new dish called the Curry Lasi Lemak near Khatib MRT station when it should be Curry Nasi Lemak.

In an email, the STOMPer wrote:

"I spot this advertisement at a road junction near Khatib MRT Station in Yishun."

nothing wrong wat?
nasi lemak is malay lasi lamak is chinese-malay mah.
ok tmr must go try.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe that stall trying 'fusion' dishes:
Chinese Curry and Indian Lassi with Malay Lemak?

Homemade otak translated from Malay means Homemade Brain.

There was a Chinese canteen in Science Park that used to sell Chicken and Mutton Nasi Berani (Brave rice in Malay).

There was an island called Belakang Mati also...but recently atas also mati:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I thik purposely print wrong spelling. Owner will not accept the banner for the wrong printing and even the printing owner will check the spelling unless is FT from PRC.

Correct, to an FT from PRC, Nasi sounds like Lasi. Probably the banner also made by a PRC shop. Also, the banner says the otak is homemade, no thanks, I have seen PRC kitchen standards of hygiene. Very poor. can you say Laisi Lemak?

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is this ang-mo that like to go to geylang for its wide selection of 'whore' fun but later claims that there is more whore than fun. :biggrin: