• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS Selling Home To Contest Election 吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

GMS has decided to sell his home to finance his election contest against MBT. It's a HDB 4-room in Serangoon North area. His asking price is S$20k COV (common market COV now) if blue IC PR buyer. However, if Singaporean pink IC buyer, he's willing to accept S$5k COV, a personal discount of S$15k for fellow citizens in need of a flat in that area.

He's not paid S$2m+ like MBT. He needs to finance a huge campaign against MBT in Tampines GRC for what he believes in and what he believes to be better for his country and his fellow Singaporeans. He'll rent a room from friends or relatives while carrying on this fight.

I asked him, you may end up with no flat (flat sold), no money (money spent on campaign) and no seat in Parliament (if lost the election). He replied, it's OK, he's prepared for that. He do it for his country and his fellow citizens. Even if all's lost, he'll make an honest living in his trade, earn his own way back to buy a home again.

I asked him, why S$5k COV for fellow citizens. He replied, that's not for me. That's to pay agent commission and HDB fees.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will help him by spreading the word that he is selling his flat to fight MBT. Btw,after he sold his flat,where is he going to stay?

吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

GMS has decided to sell his home to finance his election contest against MBT. It's a HDB 4-room in Serangoon North area. His asking price is S$20k COV (common market COV now) if blue IC PR buyer. However, if Singaporean pink IC buyer, he's willing to accept S$5k COV, a personal discount of S$15k for fellow citizens in need of a flat in that area.

He's not paid S$2m+ like MBT. He needs to finance a huge campaign against MBT in Tampines GRC for what he believes in and what he believes to be better for his country and his fellow Singaporeans. He'll rent a room from friends or relatives while carrying on this fight.

I asked him, you may end up with no flat (flat sold), no money (money spent on campaign) and no seat in Parliament (if lost the election). He replied, it's OK, he's prepared for that. He do it for his country and his fellow citizens. Even if all's lost, he'll make an honest living in his trade, earn his own way back to buy a home again.

I asked him, why S$5k COV for fellow citizens. He replied, that's not for me. That's to pay agent commission and HDB fees.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
吴明盛破釜沉舟背水一战

Somehow, you are like GMS's personal manager or spokesman, and yet a WP member.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WOW! Speechless !

GMS - wife & family fully behind you then this is good ....
reminds me of the egg vs bacon parable to signify 'COMMITMENT'...

I think in political life, family veri important.
Chee Soon Juan may be condemned & ridiculed by the whole world - but to his credit, his wife have not divorced him, his compensation in life is a loving family of wife & daughters believing in him .....

ALl the best, GMS, be prepared to be sneered by critics for wayang show ...
but hey, who gives a fuck right ? :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will help him by spreading the word that he is selling his flat to fight MBT. Btw,after he sold his flat,where is he going to stay?

You didn't read properly. I did mention that he'd rent room from relatives or friends.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somehow, you are like GMS's personal manager or spokesman, and yet a WP member.

I'm WP member but also GMS personal friend. As long as there's no conflict interest like 3-cornered fights, I'm on any side that fights for democracy against hegemony, including SDP.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS in private messaging just indicated to me, if he loses, too bad. He'll start all over again. If he wins, he'll get a sizeable MP allowance of course. Besides using that for party activities and needy residents, he'll buy a flat in Tampines and become full-time MP there.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS in private messaging just indicated to me, if he loses, too bad. He'll start all over again. If he wins, he'll get a sizeable MP allowance of course. Besides using that for party activities and needy residents, he'll buy a flat in Tampines and become full-time MP there.

Full time MPs residing in their elected wards. I like the idea.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor chap....hope he win..he must win for the sake of the people....pray hard that the election is fair and no rigging....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't he speak for himself?

He can of course, but he's busy. There're walkabouts to go around visiting residents on the grounds, understanding their problems etc. There're also some illogical figures provided by MND/HDB to figure out. That takes up lots of time. That's why he appointed me Personal Press Secretary (personal only, nothing to do with any party).

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should sell his flat to PR for at least $50K COV and used it to fight against MBT. On the other hand, MBT might use such high COV against him by saying that he reaped profit from MBT policies. That is no good either. Better sell to needy Singaporeans or don't sell at all to avoid MBT having many things to say about him selling high and buying low. Straits Times will even drag him out to scrutinise on cooling day and make a laughing stock out of it. BAD OMEN. Losing or winning cannot be on the contestor alone, Singaporeans must play a vital role to wipe out PAP and not forcing alternative candidate to sell their flat. I hope GMS should think twice before making the move of selling his home. This should come later when he wins in Tampines.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
吴明盛 is a failure in life! After so many yr of hard works as a businessman, there were no progress in his career & financial..he will become a laughing stocks for not being able to manage his own life and want to criticise our born leader Mr MBT.. Singaporean do not want a loser to lead their life!
He can't even run and want to learn to fly
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can of course, but he's busy. There're walkabouts to go around visiting residents on the grounds, understanding their problems etc. There're also some illogical figures provided by MND/HDB to figure out. That takes up lots of time. That's why he appointed me Personal Press Secretary (personal only, nothing to do with any party).

GMS PPS,

Please inform GMS that i'll donate at least $300 for his election campaign in Tampines GRC. I don't care about the Political Donation Act, e.g up to max $5000 for anonymous. I'll pass to GMS before the GE. I know $300 is just a peanut, but as a friend whom i know him and being part of 33.3%, i want to do my part as a Singaporean.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS PPS,

Please inform GMS that i'll donate at least $300 for his election campaign in Tampines GRC. I don't care about the Political Donation Act, e.g up to max $5000 for anonymous. I'll pass to GMS before the GE. I know $300 is just a peanut, but as a friend whom i know him and as a 33.3%, i want to do my part as a Singaporean.

OK. Thanks. GMS knows you too of course. He'll appreciate very much.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can ask GMS to pte msg his bank account number. I would like to transfer a small token sum for his campaign fund.