• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSman who died had not submitted medical certificate. U Believe?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Or too scared to submit lest being labelled as CHAO KENG by the AssAF bastoods?

NSman who died had not submitted medical certificate
By Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 02 October 2008 1702 hrs
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD align=right width=240>
phpY0602K.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=60> </TD><TD class=update vAlign=top height=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=138 bgColor=#f6f6f6>Photos </TD><TD width=47 bgColor=#f6f6f6>1 of 1</TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled onclick=Prev(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" value="<< Previous"></TD><TD width=19 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=bntPlay onclick=Play() type=image height=15 width=19 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" value="Play - Stop"></TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnNext disabled onclick=Next(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" value=" Next >> "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD class=update> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cccccc" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=240 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=topic vAlign=top align=left>Related News </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#cccccc>
shim.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subheader vAlign=top width="4%">•</TD><TD class=bodytext width="96%"><TD class=bodytext width="96%">Full-time NSman who died was granted 3-day medical leave by SGH</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=subheader vAlign=top width="4%">•</TD><TD class=bodytext width="96%"><TD class=bodytext width="96%">20-year-old full-time NSman dies while doing chin-ups in camp</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>
shim.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: Investigations into the death of full-time National Serviceman Joe Foo Wei Rong found that he had been given medical leave two days before he died but he did not inform officials about it.

The Defence Ministry said in a statement released on Thursday that a medical certificate dated September 28, 2008 was found in Private Foo's personal bunk cupboard after his death. The medical centre had no documentation of his medical certificate.

Soldiers are required to submit certifications of their medical conditions at the centre.

Private Foo had seen a doctor at the Singapore General Hospital on Sunday. He was supposed to rest from September 28 to 29 for "sprains and strains of the knee and leg", and to be given light duties for the subsequent four days.

It is not known why Private Foo did not report his medical condition, but investigations are currently underway and a full report is expected in eight weeks.

The former Singapore Polytechnic student died on Tuesday while doing chin-ups at Lim Chu Kang camp.

Friends and relatives remember Private Foo as an athletic young man who enjoyed basketball and his death came as a shock to many who turned up at his wake on Thursday.

Private Foo is the third full-time National Serviceman to have died in camp in 2008. Recruit Andrew Cheah and Officer Cadet Clifton Lam suffered the same fate in June.

All three were former students at polytechnics where physical activities are not compulsory, unlike junior colleges where exercise is part of the curriculum.

"Obviously it needs to be studied more deeply and carefully, but to me, it does seem to me that before anybody goes in for NS, the preconditioning is important. And as far as possible, from secondary school, all the way to the time they enter National Service for BMT (Basic Military Training), it's important that the levels of fitness should be maintained," said chairperson of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Defence and Foreign Affairs Indranee Rajah, who is also the MP of Tanjong Pagar GRC.

But polytechnics contacted say they have many sporting activities in place for students.

Singapore Polytechnic says an estimated 15 per cent of total student population take part in sports.

Half of its 2007 graduating cohort sat for the National Physical Fitness Award tests, an increase from 35 per cent in the previous year.

- CNA/yt

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird.. last time i gt a few stiches and take MC from changi hospital, they ask me which camp i from and will inform my camp's nearest medical centre leh

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
As you know many report sick .........so each COMPANY must "threathen" for those who reported sick that they will lose their privilege .....etc etc ..... ! You know how SAF works ! These NSFs so calll being green horn , got DUBBED easily!

Well , i think the COs and OCs KPIs also depend on the number of people reporting sick each day. Limiting the number of Light duty. etc etc !!!

So you know some got kenna threathen that they will books out late or lose some privilege others might have if they don report sick . So the sick soldier shoulder on !

And , thus found out that he didnt report sick in the camp and the medical cert from SGH is actually in his drawer. So ........ SAF has been adhor from wrong doing. So this NSF die "INNOCENTLY" . thinking he died serving his country.

But in fact, he died a cheap dead. His family will be given $2000! Well , his CO drawing at least 10k per month. So much so for serving your country ............ Minister is also serving his country but he is rumunerated 3 million per yr excluding all the allowane and bonus. Pesseant life is only worth 2k, plus a Singapore flat over your coffin ! What so great abt this pink IC !

So singaporean , what do u you think ? You still want to serve your country without any complains and yet our LEADERS without risking life is drawing million per year. What is this world or singapore coming to ?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BORDER-RIGHT: #0b198c 1pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #0b198c 1pt solid; BACKGROUND: #989898; BORDER-LEFT: #0b198c 1pt solid; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0b198c 1pt solid; mso-cellspacing: .7pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #0b198c; PADDING-RIGHT: 3pt; BORDER-TOP: #0b198c; PADDING-LEFT: 3pt; BACKGROUND: #9a0a0a; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3pt; BORDER-LEFT: #0b198c; PADDING-TOP: 3pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0b198c"> #17 <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=Picture_x0020_1 style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" alt="Add to vanblade's Reputation" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> <v:shape id=Picture_x0020_2 style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" alt="Add Infraction for vanblade" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1026"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> <v:shape id=Picture_x0020_3 style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" alt="Report Post" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1027"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> <o:p></o:p>
<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_4 style="WIDTH: 7.5pt; HEIGHT: 8.25pt" alt="Old" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1028"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>Today, 08:22 PM <o:p></o:p>
</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #0b198c; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #0b198c; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #e8e8e8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #0b198c; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0b198c"><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 4.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" noWrap>vanblade <v:shape id=Picture_x0020_5 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="vanblade is offline" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1029"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
Alfrescian<o:p></o:p>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width="100%"> <o:p></o:p>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Aug 2008<o:p></o:p>
My Reputation:Points: 10 / Power: 0
<v:shape id=Picture_x0020_6 style="WIDTH: 6pt; HEIGHT: 7.5pt" alt="vanblade is on a distinguished road" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1030"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD id=td_post_55156 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fcfcfc 1.5pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #fcfcfc 1.5pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #e8e8e8; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #fcfcfc 1.5pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fcfcfc 1.5pt solid"><v:shape id=Picture_x0020_7 style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" alt="Default" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1031"><v:imagedata o:href="cid:[email protected]" src="file:///C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image007.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>Re: 154th: Routine for NSF to Die Woh! Got Seizure in 2004 Also Classify as PES A! <o:p></o:p>
<HR style="COLOR: #989898" align=center width="100%" noShade SIZE=1>
I've written to ST forum on my experience with the CSM of my company back in 1997. Hope that they publish my account.

Here's how it goes:

<

Back in 1997, I was serving my full time national service duties in the 3rd Battalion Guards unit as a guardsman. During a 3-day field training exercise, I had developed severe knee pains due to over exertion during field training. After the field training, I had the chance to book out of camp during the weekends. Thinking that the pain might go away after a saturday night's rest at home, it did not and the pain worsened. Fearing for the condition of my knee, I went to Changi General Hospital for consultation on Sunday morning.

The doctor on duty issue me with medical leave and excuse of heavy duties and field training for 3 days, including the Sunday. The doctor wanted me to rest my knee so that the condition does not aggravate.

On the following Monday morning, I went to sign up with my company duty sargeant to report to the unit medical centre for endorsement of the medical leave (excuse of heavy duties) given by a doctor from a public hospital. It was at this time that the Company Sargeant Major threatened all soldiers with externally issued medical leave to either drop the idea of endorsement and go back to normal duties or sign a 3 days confinement punishment before we are allowed to go to the medical centre for endorsement.

As I had a genuine knee condition and I believe that a 2 day light duties for me would be better for both my health and my performance in the unit in the future, I went against the Company Sargeant Major's order and insist on endorsement of my medical leave. I had to sign up for a 3 days confinement punishment. A confinement means a day of the weekend being confined to the camp doing cleaning and other miscellanous non-training related work instead of being able to go home and spent time with family. Weekends are very precious for stay-in combat personnel in an active unit like 3rd Guards.

The Company Sargeant Major blatantly disregarded the safety provisions in the Army and the professionalism of doctors in public practise. This act of abuse of authority is the reason the armed forces had to endure countless safety related incidents that took away lives of young Singaporeans whose duty is to serve the country but ended up losing their lives needlessly.

Condolences to Joe Foo's family. No one should die will serving his country in peace time.
>>
<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
<o:p> </o:p>

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well , i think the COs and OCs KPIs also depend on the number of people reporting sick each day. Limiting the number of Light duty. etc etc !!!

Ya. But hor, don't say the word 'Light', ltr they want to save electricity and make rules that all camps during nites cannot switch on lights how. Like that more pple will ki chia

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That guy's family should have rejected the farce military funeral.

firstly, his son died of natural causes, not fighting and dying for the country. This doesn't warrant a national flag over the coffin.

secondly, aren't they bitter at the ?? circumstances of their son death. If they think that military funeral is a honor to his son. No, that's a further insult to his death.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore is a very haunted place got many NS slaves ghosts wandering around and occasionally give people heart attack. JBJ is prime example.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That guy's family should have rejected the farce military funeral.

firstly, his son died of natural causes, not fighting and dying for the country. This doesn't warrant a national flag over the coffin.

secondly, aren't they bitter at the ?? circumstances of their son death. If they think that military funeral is a honor to his son. No, that's a further insult to his death.

The situation is the same for a PM of a country, who doesn't even have a common courtesy to write a letter of condolence, but a condescending letter to the breaved family.

:mad:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore is a very haunted place got many NS slaves ghosts wandering around and occasionally give people heart attack. JBJ is prime example.

Those kui will go haunt the Lees, ah J will bring along the golden hammer at hougang to haunt them too

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i know the reason cos during my time, medical center at tekong will only look at your mc and vet it in the afternoon but most of the people start doing exercise right from morning. so between morning and afternoon, even if you look ill, there will be bloody sgts and officers say u chao geng and ask u to join the training.

during my time i kana tekong cough very badly until at night i have to sit up to sleep cos when i lie down i cannot breath. den my sgt say cough don affect hand and leg, call me jump and move my hand, i do wad he say no. den he say i can jump and move means can do exercise den call me join the training. until halfway the cough was so bad that i spit out some blood den i can fall out. i am just lucky that i didn't die.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its utter rubbish that the NSF would be so garang not to endorse the MC, especially if its from the hospital-SGH. Medical status from any hospital would be deemed as the sacred talisman against physical training for any soldier. It's against the norm for NSF to give up ATT-B or ATT-C status for a day or 2.

He's a PTE from 4SIR, which means he's probably from mono-intake, and probably missed out his chance during BMT to go OCS or SISPEC. No reason for him to be so gungho to ignore doctor's orders.

I'm sure there's more to this issue, either he's being denied his chance to endorse the MC during 1st or sick parade in the morning, or he's another case of being victimized by his commanders in his coy.

ksterk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think Back during NSF days.

When u wan to report sick in the morning, wat happen?
PS ask u sure or not, CSM give u black face, bunk mates all say u chao keng.

If u die die take att c than fall on a big event like route march/soc etc etc. u have 2 redo it during wk end....... how importent is wk end to a NSF? lolx.

I seriously think this thing happen, be cos the ppl in camp have diff mindset as the ppl in mindef:biggrin:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who had gone through the national service, especially combat trained, we all know what would happen to those who want to report sick.

during my s.s.l. (infantry cpl) training, the signal set i backpacked had accidentally hit my head and caused bleeding. the platoon commander insisted that i should complete the part of the exercise then report sick. it was a sunday and the time i completed already 7.30pm. walked alone from the training area to safti medical centre, i reached near to 9pm. the duty medic gave me a packet of panadols and asked me to return to bunk as the mo was not there.

the platoon comd then penaltied me for confinements on weekend/sunday for three weeks. and ordered 5 defaulter's parades.

he was gratuated from r.i. wonder what kind of shit prejudice he possessed towards those who report sick. later i had infection on my wounds and was given permission to see m.o. and had two weeks attend c.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think Back during NSF days.

When u wan to report sick in the morning, wat happen?
PS ask u sure or not, CSM give u black face, bunk mates all say u chao keng.

If u die die take att c than fall on a big event like route march/soc etc etc. u have 2 redo it during wk end....... how importent is wk end to a NSF? lolx.

I seriously think this thing happen, be cos the ppl in camp have diff mindset as the ppl in mindef:biggrin:

If you're sick, you're sick. In that case, even if people say you chao keng, you can say you have a public, government hospital MC. And if the Sgt says that you chao keng, just ask them coyly if they have enough medical knowledge to prove it.

In the end, its your right. At least the guy should have told the cover medic that he's sick. The medic at the exercise area can help him, or send him to the medical centre.