• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

EMIGRATION to Thai..... (land of smiles, land of stress-free, party)

beauthaiful

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever had any ideas on emigration to thailand for whatever purpose?

Be it for

1) Family (starting a family)
2) Love (stay with your teerak)
3) Work (earn thai bahts)
4) Running away from problems
5) Retirement...(happily enjoying the SYT and stress-free life, beaches in Thai)

Post here, let all the other "Thai" experts help!!!:smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I intend to settle down in Thailand (Chiangmai) once I have sold all my business interests.:wink:

Bigone65

Alfrescian
Loyal
me too.....i was really thinking of Phuket....U know...like just fly there and throw my passport away in the sea!!!

I second you on that, I remember when I first visited there many years ago, the tour guide told me - another word for Thailand is - Land of the Nevermind. You can do anything there - nevermind.

88max

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever had any ideas on emigration to thailand for whatever purpose?

Be it for

1) Family (starting a family)
2) Love (stay with your teerak)
3) Work (earn thai bahts)
4) Running away from problems
5) Retirement...(happily enjoying the SYT and stress-free life, beaches in Thai)

Post here, let all the other "Thai" experts help!!!:smile:

Many foreigners initially came here for tourists but never manage to get out of thailand in the end.

Amazing thailand, lands & ppls that make up of LOS.

It easy to fall in love and be loved in Lands Of Smiles.:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Never know Sam also kenna the thai bug too.:wink:

I don't have the Thai pussy "bug" though. :wink: My intention to settle down in Thailand is 100% honorable. :p

I love Thai food and I love my Karting and bike racing. Thailand is the place to go as overheads are low and the people are generally friendly and helpful. There is also excellent medical care available in the major cities for those who are willing to pay.

I did consider settling down in some Mediterranean country but the Euro exchange rate makes it really expensive. If the Euro does take a dive in the not too distant future, I may reconsider.

gun6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
how much do houses cost there? Got to say, the weather around chiang mai is beautiful. Set up a vineyard there, anyone?

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rising cost of living in SG is starting to make me re-consider the pros in some of my friends' speculation in past years. Maybe there are some perks over in the LOS worth thinking about. I have my own short-sightedness to blame for not connecting the dots.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite a tempting thought, but will require tonnes of calculation. i consider it quite a nice place for early retirement though.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This (more than) crossed my mind, for my retirement. Got this asian-ness fit (with all the pluses mentioned here), yet only short 2hrs radius from our roots. Time then to put up our legs and watch sunset. Oops, what will the missus think?:o:p

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
how should i go about migrating to thai?

think thai has a retirement policy/visa for farang (not sure whether same or better arrangement for asean citizen?), one has to deposite a large sum to show he/she have the mean to stay there.

thai pr seen like a good option too, but i hv not info on this. anyone knw?

also, it's true one has to migrate b4 45yr old else there is an issue with cpf withdrawal?

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
This (more than) crossed my mind, for my retirement. Got this asian-ness fit (with all the pluses mentioned here), yet only short 2hrs radius from our roots. Time then to put up our legs and watch sunset. Oops, what will the missus think?:o:p
i guess, therein needs a lil hothousing/ initiation on your part to teach the missus on how to appreciate the simple pleasures of living.

after which, simple is as simple does... LOL

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rising cost of living in SG is starting to make me re-consider the pros in some of my friends' speculation in past years. Maybe there are some perks over in the LOS worth thinking about. I have my own short-sightedness to blame for not connecting the dots.
well, its nt called the land of smiles for nothing... neither was the capital named city of angels for fun.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite a tempting thought, but will require tonnes of calculation. i consider it quite a nice place for early retirement though.
considering if u're able to stretch the dollar in baht... perhaps u can afford a retirement after all. sure beats having no retirement, slogging till the day u kick the bucket.

calculations inevitable, wherever we may be. not to mention... on this island, more calculations is required.

deadly_snake

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI sammyboyforum guys. So u have come to the new forum too. Nice. One day the talk cock forum and the sex forumers can chat together.

williamangkh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand visa policies as follows;

1. Work Permit - get a job and get a company to write a letter about your employment. You should be able to get a WP and renewal very year. If you arae able to get 3 years in a row....very easy to get PR status.

2. Have a legal Thai wife and apply for O visa. You must show a monthly salary of 40,000baht (household income, can be together with your wife salary). This will give you a 1 year visa, renewal every year and report every 90 days. Same you can get a PR after 3 years.

3. Investment Visa- start a company or invest in a Condo worth about 8mil baht. You will get a visa too!

Good luck!