• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World's Richest Billionaires

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
World's richest billionaires

Forbes Magazine released its list of the world's richest people for 2010. Here's a look at the top ten who made it on the list.

1. Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helu toppled perennial member Bill Gates to take pole position on Forbes Billionaires 2010. Slim's vast empire is worth a whopping 53.5 billion dollars.

2. A permanent fixture on world's-richest lists, Bill Gates unsurprisingly comes in second place. The brains behind computer and software giant Microsoft is worth 53 billion dollars.

3. Coming in third place is 79-year-old American investor, businessman and philanthropist, Warren Buffett. Valued at a cool 47 billion dollars, Buffett's firm Berkshire Hathaway owns several companies and businesses in industries ranging from manufacturing to media .

4. Indian business tycoon and chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries, Mukesh Ambani comes in fourth on the list, with a fortune of 29 billion dollars. Currently the richest man in India, Ambani, along with brother Anil, took over oil and gas giant Reliance Industries from their father in 1986.

5. The second Indian on the list is steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal who holds a fortune of 28.7 billion dollars. The CEO and founder of the ArcelorMittal, Mittal is also the richest person in the United Kingdom.

6. Co-founder and CEO of enterprise software Oracle Corporation, Lawrence Ellison is next on the list. The American entrepreneur is valued at 28 billion dollars.

7. In seventh place is Bernard Arnault, the French fashion maven and the head of LVMH Goods, the company responsible for bringing luxury brands Louis Vuitton, Dior and Fendi and more to the market. His net worth stands at 27.5 billion dollars.

8. Brazilian entrepreneur Eike Batista who has an estimated fortune of 27 billion dollars, from his mining and other businesses, is in eighth place.

9. Next on the list is Amancio Ortega, the Spanish fashion businessman whose clothing retail business values in at 35 billion dollars. He is also the richest man in Spain.

10. Karl Albrecht, who along with brother Theo is the founder of German supermarket chain Aldi rounds up the top ten list. His company is worth 23.5 billion dollars.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any ranking of world richest politicians as in their income comes from tax monies and not through their own business effort.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I notice a distinct absence of Chinamen despite their dubious scruples and penchant for stealing the intellectual property of others. Proof that cheating, lying, copying and conning can only get you so far.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is the sultan of brunei? i remember he topped the list for many years.

Also interesting to note that the top 4 did not inherit their wealth.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come no chino in the list wan?? Looks like they still have a long way to go..

What's your point? Following your logic mexico must be an even better country than USA since the richest man is from mexico.

Mexico has the richest man in the world while a first world country like canada doesn't does this make mexico better than canada? Many mexicans live in poverty and want to go to the US.

Somehow i know u'll twist the rules to explain the above example i gave to you.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I notice a distinct absence of Chinamen despite their dubious scruples and penchant for stealing the intellectual property of others. Proof that cheating, lying, copying and conning can only get you so far.

Those who cheated, robbed, and steal copyright...probably were here already. By the way, it was rumoured that the sentosa cove were mostly bought by the china people. I wonder who they were and what kind of business they did in the past. If you parked your ill-gotten money here, you might have an orchard named after you too. This is Sillypore and corrupted to support the corrupt.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's your point? Following your logic mexico must be an even better country than USA since the richest man is from mexico.

Mexico has the richest man in the world while a first world country like canada doesn't does this make mexico better than canada? Many mexicans live in poverty and want to go to the US.

hi doofus here's what he meant.

Mexico 100 million pop ONE entry

China 1.3 BILLION pop of rats ZERO entry

and dun even try to convince anyone that China's a first world country like USA and Canada. Most of its population are peasants and the better off are factory workers who earn US$1500 a year. Thats how the world gets its cheap stuff. GETTIT?

Last edited:

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the sultan of brunei? i remember he topped the list for many years.

Also interesting to note that the top 4 did not inherit their wealth.

the sultan of brunei never topped the list. at most was in top 10 only. bill gates topped the list in the last 10, or dunno how many years since you started having to use Microsoft.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi doofus here's what he meant.

Mexico 100 million pop ONE entry

China 1.3 BILLION pop of rats ZERO entry

and dun even try to convince anyone that China's a first world country like USA and Canada. Most of its population are peasants and the better off are factory workers who earn US$1500 a year. Thats how the world gets its cheap stuff. GETTIT?

hey retard you don't even get the gist of it.

So what if a 3rd world country has the richest man on the list? It doesn't chage anything except for fickle minded ppl to boast and feel great on their country which is pathetic.

Many countries' citizens did not make the list and it doesn't mean anything about the race or the country by not making the list.

Trust you to switch this crap around by talking about population size.

Okay no chinese made the list and then what?

Costanza

Alfrescian
Loyal

most of the filthy rich Chinese folks' wealth cant see the daylight

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Er....do you actuallly think I will "twist" rules and "explain" your miserly little post you called an "example"?

In all seriousness, I would rather be clipping white hairs that recently sprouted from my armpits.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Er....do you actuallly think I will "twist" rules and "explain" your miserly little post you called an "example"?

In all seriousness, I would rather be clipping white hairs that recently sprouted from my armpits.

We don't expect you to actually follow through with it since i have called you out on it correct? :rolleyes:

White hairs from armpits. Okay coffeeshop uncle.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do they have a list on the world's richest politicians?? not by private wealth, bu by public funds.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
leekuanyew-listening.jpg

Oh, really? *hee*hee*

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe Ambani brothers inherited their $$. So did Mittal. BTW Mittal does not even live in India and his wealth is from factories outside of India.

But Mittla is a brillant businessman

What is even more important is how many newly minted first gen billionares or multi millionares a country generates. That reflects dynamism of the economy. A dynamic economy can have many rags to riches stories - even the poor guy can make it. What is important is the rags to riches guy whose main business is still in that country.

All of the billionares in Singapore made their money in the 50s and 60s. After that period no more billionaires. Shows that Singapore's economy is not dynamic.

In an extremely poor country like india, the legacy $ (tata/Ambani) gets more and more $ as the support politicians (Gandhi dynasty) and in return politicians give them the high margin projects.

Google "India Commonwealth games" and you can see the pigs feed at the trough. Who suffers are the poor.