• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How City Harvest Church (Kong Hee's church) can become so rich...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>31109.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>This is taken from CHC site:
[URL="http://www.chc.org.sg/citynews/index.php?m=200811&paged=2"]http://www.chc.org.sg/citynews/index.php?m=200811&paged=2
[/URL]
This guy Benny Hinn is a controversial figure himself. HBO, NY Times etc have published controversial facts about him. Investigative reporters have reported that his supposedly "miracle healing" is staged (see: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn[/URL]). Benny Hinn owns a corporate jet, all thx to his guilible followers and believables.

Now, CHC Kong Hee has engaged him a few times to conduct such miracle healing service here (read the CHC's article below). During the service, Benny Hinn even "challenged" the attendees to give $1K each so as to show "faith" to GOD and to "please" GOD with such faith.

The Singapore expo can take 9000 people and it's reported to be full. So, if you take 9,000 x $1K = S$9 million for just 1 show. Ok, let's just say we take 10-20% of this. It's still at least $1-2 million revenue for just 1 morning, about 2-3 hours, work.

FANTASTIC EH?

FARK, I also want to start a church...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE, 22 NOVEMBER 2008 — NOW IS THE time for the church to rise up, said Benny Hinn, and in the months ahead, the world will see some of the greatest miracles ever.

And the church is empowered to bring the light of God in the world as His anointing is rained down on His church. But, he said, there is a price to pay for the anointing of God.

Before the miracle filled meeting started, the 9,000-seat hall gathered for a prayer meeting. Fifteen minutes was all it took for Singapore Expo Hall 8 to get filled up, with some attendees queuing as early as 7am this morning. The crowd did not seem to deter some.

“I feel great, and I hope I can bring something back for the church in Indonesia,” said Johan Supit, from the GPDI movement in Sumatra.

“Although we queued for a long time, it was worth it to get a seat here, and to be part of what’s going on,” said Soon Sze Yin, 23, pointing to her seat in the hall.

Palpable anticipation hung in the air as churchgoers wheeled their friends and relatives in, who came expecting a miracle of healing.

Debts Canceled, Miracles Revealed

Throughout the four-and-a-half hour service, the congregation sat riveted, listening intently to Hinn as he shared his revelations. Hundreds also filled the aisles to respond to his altar call for those believing for debt cancellation.

One of the highlights of the session was when Hinn challenged the congregation to give S$1,500 as an offering amount to get a return harvest in a week, something that he has experienced every single time he gives a breakthrough offering amount of US$1,000.

As the givers wrote the phrase “debt cancellation” on the offering envelopes, Hinn also encouraged the congregation to believe for a debt-free life in 12 months.
“It’s not the amount that God responds to,” Hinn emphasized, “God responds to faith.”

Truly, without faith, it is impossible to please God, and healing testimonies soon ensued after Hinn called out for healings. Deaf ears were opened, fractured ankles and knees were completely healed. These were some of the miracles that changed the lives of many.

Signs and wonders would be commonplace in the months ahead, said Hinn. He also encouraged the congregation, especially the pastors, to be willing to pay the price for the anointing of God to carry out these miracles.

“There are times God will test our faith,” he said.

This eighth session of Asia Conference ended on a high. Angela Teo, 18, shared: “I was really encouraged by the sermon by Benny. I really believe God is raising up a new generation of believers and I am just so honoured to be involved in the end time harvest.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were a couple of posters here that mentioned in another thread how those ppl whom donated money to the temple always seem to strike lottery and someone's grandpa struck lottery everytime after attending church.

All this could be a conincidence but hey who knows maybe there's some sort of correlation?

As in having faith in whatever god u pray to will actually give you some monetary blessings.