• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setting up a moneylending business

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am toying with this idea as there is a demand for unsecure loans. Thinking of giving loans less than $1000, payment 6-8 weeks, interests 20%. I think this is same model used by loansharks?? Profile checks will be important to minimize debtors from disappearing.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am toying with this idea as there is a demand for unsecure loans. Thinking of giving loans less than $1000, payment 6-8 weeks, interests 20%. I think this is same model used by loansharks?? Profile checks will be important to minimize debtors from disappearing.

Profile checks to minimize debtors disappearing? You are not bank leh.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is same model used by loansharks?? Profile checks will be important to minimize debtors from disappearing.

You need an insider poodle to access the Crimes2 system for more accurate and up to date information on your debtors......... there are many CID poodles that are willing to provide this service...... some do it for a fee....... some will only do it provided you make them your partner :p

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, u have to lookout for run road people and what if they don't even have the intention of paying back.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think loansharks or moneylending is same as any other business. Every industry got customers run away, like contractors refusing to pay after receiving materials; $1 company declare bankrupt.
It is how u manage it and how much u can write off.

jw5

Loyal
i think loansharks or moneylending is same as any other business. Every industry got customers run away, like contractors refusing to pay after receiving materials; $1 company declare bankrupt.
It is how u manage it and how much u can write off.
Of course every industry has customers who run away, but the risk for the moneylending business compared to other industries has got to be at least 20x greater. Hence if you say set up a seafood trading business and out of 100 customers that you have, 1 runs away without paying you, you have to expect that the number for your moneylending business has to be at least 20 out of 100.
Think about it. Someone who buys seafood from you is either reselling it or cooking it as his business. His intention is to do his business and make money. He may fail or he may succeed, but his intention is to do business.
Now consider someone who borrows money from you on an unsecured basis. You have to ask yourself. Why does he need money? Why does he need to borrow money? Why does he need to borrow from you?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course every industry has customers who run away, but the risk for the moneylending business compared to other industries has got to be at least 20x greater. Hence if you say set up a seafood trading business and out of 100 customers that you have, 1 runs away without paying you, you have to expect that the number for your moneylending business has to be at least 20 out of 100.
Think about it. Someone who buys seafood from you is either reselling it or cooking it as his business. His intention is to do his business and make money. He may fail or he may succeed, but his intention is to do business.
Now consider someone who borrows money from you on an unsecured basis. You have to ask yourself. Why does he need money? Why does he need to borrow money? Why does he need to borrow from you?

If debtor run away, look for guarantor

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol...if you can get license with your business model...there won't be any illegal loan sharks around...all of them will be legal by now...

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
legal moneylenders like the banks and finance companies? they dun charge as high as the loan sharks...roughly around 18% PA. with a monthly min repayment amount of around 3% of principal amt...and late payment fees if you did not pay by monthly stipulated date

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
legal moneylenders like the banks and finance companies? they dun charge as high as the loan sharks...roughly around 18% PA. with a monthly min repayment amount of around 3% of principal amt...and late payment fees if you did not pay by monthly stipulated date

tks for the info :biggrin: