• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The most problematic migrants in Australia

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Race row as Indian cabbie charged with kidnapping female passengers
By Greg Stolz From: The Courier-Mail March 29, 2010

RACIAL tensions are simmering on the Gold Coast after an Indian cabbie was charged with kidnapping five female passengers who disputed a fare.

Angry drivers have threatened strike action, saying their colleague has been victimised.

The 24-year-old driver, who has not been named, picked up five young women from Southport and took them to Surfers Paradise.

"When they reached their destination, the driver asked for payment but the passengers have disputed the amount," a police spokeswoman said.

"It's alleged the driver then locked the doors of the taxi and drove the passengers erratically around Surfers Paradise."

One of the women used a mobile phone to call police.

The driver, who has been suspended by Gold Coast Cabs, is set to appear at Southport Magistrates Court on April 7.

Indian colleagues say the driver is a victim of racial discrimination by his passengers, police and the taxi company.

"The police should not have charged the driver," Gurwinder Singh told The Courier-Mail yesterday.

"It is impossible to lock someone in a cab so I don't know how it is kidnapping," he said.

"Indian drivers are being abused by passengers all the time.

"Our skin is brown but we are still human."

Gold Coast Cabs CEO Martin O'Riordan confirmed there was unrest among his Indian drivers.

"There is some feeling that they don't know what the charges are based on," he said.

"The Indian drivers believe the police don't listen to them as effectively as other people in the community because of their racial background."

He added: "We have explained to them that we have a standing-down policy for any driver charged with a criminal offence, and that it is applied evenly to both native and overseas drivers."

He said that strike action had been threatened but was unaware whether there were any drivers who had boycotted shifts.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another one from their tribe

Billionaire Oswals declare meat war on the building site
By HAYLEY BOLTON From: The Sunday Times March 27, 2010 7:00PM 230

MEATY ISSUE: Indian billionaires Pankaj and Rhadika Oswal have banned workers at their Peppermint Grove mansion from eating meat. Picture: David Adams Source: PerthNow

NO MEAT PLEASE: Vegetarian Radhika Oswal and billionaire husband Pankaj have banned building workers from eating meat at their Peppermint Grove mansion building site.
Picture: Jody D'Arcy Source: PerthNow
WA'S construction union has hit out at a ban on building workers eating ham sandwiches and meat pies at the Oswals' $70 million Taj-on-Swan mega-mansion.

Tradesmen and labourers working on the Peppermint Grove property have been told by Indian-born billionaire Pankaj Oswal and his socialite wife Radhika, that any food containing meat must not be consumed on the site.

Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union WA assistant secretary Joe McDonald said the ban was "absolutely wrong".

"She still wants them to build her $70 million mansion, but she's telling them what they're going to eat . . . it's wrong," he said.

"I respect everybody's right to practise their religion, but I totally disagree with anyone forcing it on others.

"That has caused more wars and destruction throughout the world than anything else I know of.

"If people are working on the job and they want to have a ham sandwich or a bacon and egg sandwich, they should have one."

Workers on the site yesterday said there was one small shed at the bottom of the site which they were allowed to eat meat in.

A source close to the Oswals, who did not want to be named, said some workers had continued to eat meat on the site "just to spite them".

Mr Oswal, who is in New York this week helping Mrs Oswal prepare for the launch of her vegetarian fast-food chain, Otarian, defended the meat ban, saying "This is our home".

Mrs Oswal has previously accused the meat industry of "raping the earth".

"Meat eating is creating bad karma and you are also creating a vicious cycle," she said.

"It's destroying us environmentally, economically and socially. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I've always been a vegetarian so I have always felt strongly about it.

"First, because of religious reasons, but then later because I realised the greater good associated with it."

Once complete, Perth's Taj-on-Swan mansion will be the biggest home in the country, on the most expensive block of land.

The house, which is expected to be finished at the end of 2011, will have a gymnasium the size of a regular Perth house, a beauty salon, an observatory, parking for 17 cars and a swimming pool 10 times bigger than the average back yard.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Billionaires Pankaj and Radhika Oswal declare meat war on building site

* By Hayley Bolton

THE Western Australian construction union has hit out at a ban on building workers eating ham sandwiches and meat pies at the building site of a $70 million mega-mansion.

Tradesmen and labourers working on the property have been told by Indian-born billionaire Pankaj Oswal and his socialite wife Radhika, that any food containing meat must not be consumed on the site.

Once complete, the $70 million s Taj-on-Swan mansion will be the biggest home in the country, on the most expensive block of land. It is located in the exclusive suburb of Peppermint Grove in Perth.

Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union Western Australian assistant secretary Joe McDonald said the ban was "absolutely wrong".

"She still wants them to build her $70 million mansion, but she's telling them what they're going to eat . . . it's wrong," he said.

"I respect everybody's right to practise their religion, but I totally disagree with anyone forcing it on others.

"That has caused more wars and destruction throughout the world than anything else I know of.

"If people are working on the job and they want to have a ham sandwich or a bacon and egg sandwich, they should have one."

Workers on the site yesterday said there was one small shed at the bottom of the site which they were allowed to eat meat in.

A source close to the Oswals, who did not want to be named, said some workers had continued to eat meat on the site "just to spite them".

Mr Oswal, who is in New York this week helping Mrs Oswal prepare for the launch of her vegetarian fast-food chain, Otarian, defended the meat ban, saying "This is our home".

Mrs Oswal has previously accused the meat industry of "raping the earth".

"Meat eating is creating bad karma and you are also creating a vicious cycle," she said.

"It's destroying us environmentally, economically and socially. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I've always been a vegetarian so I have always felt strongly about it.

"First, because of religious reasons, but then later because I realised the greater good associated with it."

The house, expected to be finished at the end of 2011, will have a gymnasium the size of a regular Perth house, a beauty salon, an observatory, parking for 17 cars and a swimming pool 10 times bigger than the average back yard.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a total dickhead.

People take their religion too seriously. If you are a vegetarian, why can't you allow others have meat on building your home? Its their "bad kharma" not yours. Why are you worried about things like this? Even some monks have to eat meat when its offered to them. This is creating "bad kharma" for them because they are being insensitive to others. I hope they lost their billions because of this. :P

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that the Western Australian Contruction Union and the workers have the balls to walk off this site.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope that the Western Australian Contruction Union and the workers have the balls to walk off this site.

I know a few Indian drivers in the Western suburbs who do not have respect for Aussie drivers. Just because they drive Ford Territory or ML 350 SUV, the thought they own the roads.

Even the Aussie press like to make fun of the how-lian Indians. See news title below.

Ammonia firm Burrup Holdings set to explode on to market
Andrew Burrell From: The Australian March 20, 2010 12:00AM

INDIAN fertiliser tycoon Pankaj Oswal is closely examining whether to relaunch the $3 billion sharemarket float of Burrup Holdings he abandoned two years ago.

This follows a recent rebound in ammonia prices and improved global equity markets.

A close adviser to Perth-based Mr Oswal told The Weekend Australian yesterday that the possibility of a float was "under consideration" and "on the agenda", but no decision had been taken on whether the listing would be in Australia or offshore.

"We are looking at ammonia prices, equity markets and the fertiliser sector generally," said the adviser, who declined to be named. "Conditions are improving."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ode-on-to-market/story-fn4xq4v1-1225843009087

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indians don't seem to be welcome anywhere, but their curry is really popular with the caucasians!