• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A young Singaporean expressed her worries at a gloomy and uncertain future in SG!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
A young Singaporean expressed her worries at a gloomy and uncertain future

March 22, 2010 by admin
Filed under Opinion

Leave a comment

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...-her-worries-at-a-gloomy-and-uncertain-future

Hi TR, wonderful weekend for me, and perhaps for you guys as well. Not out for an evening walk? Sorry, my estate is filled with FTs that there is no way for me to enjoy my walks like how I used to (think crowded footpaths filled with bicycles, drunkards on grass patches, etc).
Pardon my harsh tone – I have been increasingly put off by recent happenings, and TR is just the place for like-minded rantings.

The Unsuspecting Cyclists

I came upon an article on TNP recently, lamenting a father and son for cycling on pedestrian foot paths in Jurong West. While cycling on such walkways are against the law, no warning was issued to these two first-time offenders.

My first impression when reading the article was that these two are true-blue, local citizens of Singapore. I did my research and managed to find myself in a forum(http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=44431206) where one of the said cyclists posted his grouses. Judging from his language, and his reference to “foreign workers”, I think we can safely assume that he is ‘one of our kind’. In his post, he also mentioned that ‘three foreign workers’ were fined as well.

Three foreign workers versus a father and son. Three against two. Why then did our mainstream papers write a report only on these two and leave out the mention of the foreign workers? Mind you, I live in Jurong West Street 81, just one street away from Street 93 where the fined took place, and every day, throngs of Bangladeshi and PRC workers cycle on these pathways without a care. I have many near-collisions with these people. TNP reported this piece of menial news and made the local father and son looked so bad. Just drop by Jurong West (the land famous for factories and foreign workers) and you will understand my unhappiness.

Not On The Same Ground

I have another issue to bring up – unfairness at the workplace.
I started working two years ago, and my last drawn salary was $2,200, not bad for my qualifications and working experience. However, due to the competitiveness of my industry, I was working under a contract. In Jan 2010, my contract ended, thus leaving me without a job.

This spurred forth my 2 months of job search. I started off asking for a salary of $2,500. As time goes by, I brought down my expected salary to $2,200, $2,000, $1,800 and finally, $1,600.

Last week, I managed to clinch an interview, and was offered a job which would usually pay $2,500 (based on JobsCentral Salary Calculator). My given salary was $1,600. After deduction of CPF, my take home pay is really miserable.

Working location is located in the East side whereas I stay in the West. Working hours are long, and the job scope is tiring. But I put up with it. I need to have a job because my wedding is next month, and I have a housing loan and study loan to service, on top of monthly utility bills.
I do feel a little humiliated with the humongous decrease in my salary, but I have no choice.

Yesterday, I found out that we will be having a new staff on Monday. She is from Myanmar. I am not sure of her salary but I know that lodging and air tickets will be provided by my company. We will also be applying/have applied a permit for her to work in Singapore. Initially, I thought that she will be taking on some major role in the company. Later, my boss announced that she will be working as a Corporate Accounts Executive, to be in charge of business development with our corporate clients. In fact, I have applied for this position, only to be turned down, even after meeting all the requirements.

There are no lack of local Singaporeans looking for such jobs, and yet these jobs are taken over by (obviously) cheap foreigners. I am so furious that I can hardly type properly.

I can’t leave my job as I need to have a stable income. The Government may say that $1,200 is enough for an average local to survive. No! Repayment of loans will already drain all my take home pay, leaving my husband-to-be to pay for other things. I foresee my life to be an uphill challenge from now onwards. I really hope to survive this nonsense.
I also really feel extremely humiliated with my pay. Sorry for the repeated emphasis on this.

Thanks for outlet for me to rant. You may use my information as case study or whatever you want with it.
Have a nice day.

Judy Eng

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:16 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.2 in reply to 30446.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97298 class=alt>Tru Borne SIN on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:08 pm
b7bb6c57fa687bd07a9cf23e5eb171b5

Reply to :Judy Eng
I feel for you .. really feel for you Judy .
I was in the same shit at 2005 , retrench and replace by FT .
Found a job after several month , this job require me to stay
in BATAM monday to Friday .Only weekend with family
Our GOV is sick , take in FT for job that Singaporean Shy from
is ok . But PMET job also now threaten by FT , why ?
Everything is going up , our purchasing power is lower .
FT work here Single , got no family to support , sure can
ask for lower salary .
Make money FT bring back , base on the S$ strength exchange
rate , at home can live comfortably.
We Singaporean how to follow FT pay scale ?
Our Gov , have make a major mistake , to grow the economy at
Singaporean expense .

<LI id=comment-97300 class=alt>Fever Guy on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:10 pm
b55bfcc9e8c1546f7958ed769f688965

Jurong West residents vote out the PAP!

<LI id=comment-97303 class=alt>Charles on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:16 pm
ee6f3928299cce7689e980eff75c56fd

Hi Judy,
This thing happens everyday here in Singapore. As long as the floodgate is still open to those FT/FW mainly from third world country, this will not stop. You can consider yourself still lucky enough to have a job. There are many, yes and the nos still increasing for many people who are left jobless, people who already have childrens to feed, folks to take, utilities bills to pay, these are the worst affected lot where their lives are just like a death penalty when they are suddenly told to pack and leave. Just imagine how the feeling’s like when your income turns ZERO the following day. One starts to think are we still the singaporeans we used to be proud of when our very own citizens are being slammed by its own govt.

<LI id=comment-97308 class=alt>LHL's Dead Wife on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:19 pm
a95c571d94fa8dd2af2113e0e80f9475

Dear Judy,
you are not alone. many of us are also facing the same crap! I really hope the situation improves for you and the rest of us too. But at this point in time I feel like our government has really decided to forsake native Singaporeans and focus their efforts on taking care of the foreigners as they will be the real future of Singapore.
I think the best thing for us to do at this point in time is to not show too much hospitality to these foreigners. Any chance you get, call the police and report them. Take pictures of them when they cycle along the walkways or are drunk on the grass patches and start posting them online and mention that the police are not doing anything about it!! Since the police won’t do any thing about it, then it is time we citizens start doing our part by creating more awareness about such unwanted behaviour that those foreign dogs bring with them. Keep doing it until the police have no choice but to do their work to save face!
If talking nicely doesnt work, then

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:17 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (3 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.3 in reply to 30446.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97317 class=alt>Same Shit Different Day on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:25 pm
d10ca8d11301c2f4993ac2279ce4b930

Almost same. But mine worse. Got retrenched last year. Was chosen over FTs. No reason was given. The usual BS, like I happen to be sitting there. But surrounded by FTs, why so sway?
Looks like there are many more who has the same experience.

<LI id=comment-97318 class=alt>amazon on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:30 pm
cec22385d0465593f65ff549ef6a8af6

The same with my nephew, reduced salary and no CPF, as his pay
is subsidized by EDB. So humiliating, and the company he
is working in also advertised for high level staff in Malaysia.
Singaporeans have become second class citizens in our own country.
We encourage him to try for a job overseas, and then immigrate, and leave this stupid country.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:18 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (4 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.4 in reply to 30446.3 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97321 class=alt>ACACIA on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:39 pm
b8c4a98fa5263ab29d4e717202a39c25

Dear Judy, if you a young Singaporean feel like this, how about us older workers, 50 yrs in June. The last few years has been bad, salary like your going down, luckily my wife is working but if one of us is out of work, it will be very tight with two teenage girls. The problem, yes is because of the foreign workers. In my last company, no problem if a Singaporean resigns, they get a foreigner, from China, India, Indon, Burma, Filipino you name it man! My heart goes out to you young people starting to work.It is not that there is no future for you, but the cards have been turned against us with the influx of the foreigners, which the government did not anticipate such a problem. And you know why they did not anticipate it because they are always focusing on the economics hardware and don’t really give two hoots about how locals will be affected. My youngest brother was retrenched twice in the last three years, mind you he has a finance degree. He’s so pissed, he decided to leave Singapore for good. There is still hope for you young people, if you want change and have the courage, vote the PAP out if you and your friends can vote. There is nothing much to say to them, because they have not been listening to our greviences. All their recent talk is just trying to placate the people but they know that people are very unhappy and many are struggling to survive, even if they have a job. Don’t talk the government/ civil service, they have a good life. It is we the common folks, trying to provide a future for our children and grandchildren. So don’t give up yet, carry on and do the right thing when voting comes.

<LI id=comment-97322 class=alt>hateFT on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 5:41 pm
a66ce7e18927764d25f6211d63b82d43

judy
me also same position…i got retrenched in 2008,till now cannot find a job i found out one imported ah ne ne has taken over my job at cheap cost..got air ticket sponsor some more..my marriage plans all cancelled.. go CDC, they show you “middle finger” they will tell you try again and bad luck for losing a job…and treat you like pariah and have to wait for queue number, the saddest thing, i serve my NS, get injured, paid my taxes but when i jobless..they show me the door, ask me to die by myself! Foreigners they treat them like King…spent money on them on english courses and rubbish festivals…most of them are foreign trash and not foreign talents.

<LI id=comment-97335 class=alt>Sigh on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 6:11 pm
c61847827f77312a36fa5586a760999b

…… sigh. And the people who can make a difference do not see it as something they want to change.
Foreigners are preferred to locals.
They are only interested in easy management – have workers who are willing to work more for less pay and don’t complain about them.
How about getting a Malaysian to be our next President? He/She will cost less than 3 million.
A Bangladeshi to be our Minister? Cost less too. Probably works harder.
It is easy to demand for productivity over speeches and betray the very people who vote you in by turning a deaf ear and recruiting foreigners.
Maybe the policy makers are not feeling the ground because it is not the people who vote them in; its the GRC system who allow so many of them walk over and enter politics without even knowing the issues on the ground.
They owe their MP position to the party. not the people.
Its the party that pays them millions not the taxpayers.
They are working for the good of the party, not the people.
The people are to be managed and kept under control, not to listen to.
How sad is this?

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:19 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (5 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.5 in reply to 30446.4 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97345 class=alt>Numb on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 6:27 pm
5f21eee2211cda24d5373c0f8e7650a8

Hi Judy,
I share your plight except that I am a PMET in late forties with three young children. I was made redundant in 2008 and have yet to be gainfully employed ! I tried over 12 months sending applications and seeing headhunters and even got myself listed with the CDC job search. It is all to no avail as the reasons given by companies…”you are over qualified”…; “you are too expensive”…; “you are nearing retirement” …”foreigners are cheaper” etc. There was one company which even told me that i need to have knowledge of Tagalog and good mandarin…!!
Well there you go now we are living hand to mouth with help of relatives as even the request for financial help from the government did not come through.
Your case has confirmed my worries for my young children. I only wish I can find a way to take them overseas. Furthermore they are boys and they have to serve the army soon…!!
I totally emphatise with you and pray and hope you find a better life elsewhere. I guess its better to be a second class citizen in another country then in our own. On the otherhand if you have the resolve please stay and “fight” for our rights here. This is another option i have told my boys as it is our right as citizens..! I sincerely hope the next generation will break the hegemony of the current government.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!--PreMsgHTML--><!--/PreMsgHTML--><TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:20 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (6 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.6 in reply to 30446.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97348 class=alt>Bong on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 6:34 pm
104775f5de6fe62da403f74f7a09fc54

Same here!! My Company just hired 3 new staff and guess what? All of them FT. There are Singaporeans that came for interview but they still choose the FT.
We got to VOTE the PAP OUT!!!
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!--PostMsgHTML--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--if (adPosition2 == 6){ GA_googleFillSlot("DF_ROS_inline_BTF_2"); }//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?correlator=1269274967534&output=json_html&callback=GA_googleSetAdContentsBySlotForSync&impl=s&a2ids=BMA%2CNSGA&cids=DUFbDA%2CIRuY9o&eid=,&client=ca-pub-2093616136278178&slotname=DF_ROS_inline_BTF_2&page_slots=DF_dp-adult_Top_ATF_468x60%2CDF_ROS_inline_BTF_1%2CDF_ROS_inline_BTF_2&cookie=ID%3Dc68785c4ca035d1d%3AT%3D1268592800%3AS%3DALNI_MY4fxtQ675VJVXvDkm6NI16LqXzLA&cdm=forums.delphiforums.com&ga_vid=1979771189.1268592785&ga_sid=1269274386&ga_hid=501283603&ga_fc=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.delphiforums.com%2Fn%2Fmb%2FdiscussionFrameset.asp%3Fwebtag%3D3in1kopitiam%26ft%3D1%26ctx%3D1%26cacheTag%3D22-45%26ld%3D%26gfc%3D1%26msg%3D30446.1&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.delphiforums.com%2Fn%2Fmb%2FdiscussionFrameset.asp%3Fwebtag%3D3in1kopitiam%26ft%3D1%26ctx%3D1%26cacheTag%3D22-45%26ld%3D%26gfc%3D1%26msg%3D30446.1&lmt=1269274969&dt=1269274969126&cc=52&biw=940&bih=987&ifi=2&ifk=728179741&oe=windows-1252&u_tz=480&u_his=6&u_java=true&u_h=1200&u_w=1920&u_ah=1140&u_aw=1920&u_cd=32&flash=10.0.45.2"></SCRIPT><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-TOP: 10px" class=msgtxt><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--ch_client = "mzinga";ch_type = "mpu";ch_width = 550;ch_height = 250;ch_non_contextual = 4;ch_vertical ="premium";ch_target = "_blank";ch_backfill = 1;ch_noborders = 1;ch_sid = "Chitika Inline 550x250";ch_target = "_blank";ch_query = amzKeywords;//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://scripts.chitika.net/eminimalls/amm.js"></SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:22 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(7 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.7 in reply to 30446.6 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97353 class=alt>papnoanus on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 6:46 pm
0720b451ef120bab978a21b73fbaffe5

Fellow born and native singaporean,
i have done my part to hire two local singaporeans as my co want vendor to support me, i inform the job agency that i only want singaporeans and no one else.
i am sad to do this as i am not racist but nationalist , these evil lee regime, is the most legally corrupt garman in singapore history. By staying in power they bring in FT to take over good job for singaporeans. WE NEED TO TAKE THIS TO THE STREET TO PUT BACK A REAL PRO SINGAPOREAN gArmAn.
Their target is 6 million that mean after this election we beocome minority and the local singaporeans will become a dinosaur and our cpf will belong to the lee family. sometime i think the cpf is run by madoff.

<LI id=comment-97363 class=alt>Oldster on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 7:03 pm
2076105f6efe7c11e285add95f514b9a

Judy my sympathies, and I am most sorry that at your age you are facing such hardships when YOU SHOULD NOT.
If any of you are on networking platforms like LinkedIn, many of those Snakes from INDIA ARE DEMANDING FOR JOBS IN SINGAPORE. And I have no qualms in telling them exactly where to go. And then, some Eastern European loser accused me of being a RACIST to foreigners!!

<LI id=comment-97364 class=alt>MdWan on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 7:05 pm
e9e44754ae8f2c285cb5f021e431147e

My future looks bleak living here in this country.. Jobs will be harder to get cause most of it goes to the foreigner and if u lucky to get one,they offered low wages, price of living will rise, hdb price will rise, still need to serve NS, Man, we doom, DOooOM i tell you, DOOM!!!!
I would really like to live independently, but i just cant do it here.. Maybe when in ns i save up all my pathetic pay and move out. Unless change have been made…

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:23 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(8 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.8 in reply to 30446.7 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97375 class=alt>singaporean on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 7:35 pm
7f63a73e68aed17c555fa1b2fb41f811

Hi just to share my wife story. She works in a company and wanted to move to a different department that is looking to fill a position. The manager hirer a FT politely told her he is looking for someone back home from his native country and not considering any Singaporean ! Someone who don’t understand singapore, no local knowledge on how things work, the local rule and regulations is preferred over a local that has all the knowledge and most likely can do a better equal or better job ! The local is passed over because the manager hirer knows our govt is not interested in protecting jobs for singaporean. He can thus bring in as many of his kind as possible and leave singaporean to die if they cannot find a job to feed their family. You know what you need to do in the next election to change this !!!

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:25 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(10 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.10 in reply to 30446.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97386 class=alt>will4 on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 8:09 pm
a66ad4fdc4f011f0c3e8523885dd95ec

I am a second generation PR from one of the neignbouring countries. Reading this good article, I felt relieved that I have chosen not to give up my present citizenship. Many Malaysian esp the younger generation also refused to give up their citizenship due to fact that this country has a lot of compeition from other countries.

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:25 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(11 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.11 in reply to 30446.10 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97388 class=alt>Yew Siew on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 8:15 pm
eae6109925a2bc222b433142073279de

Hi Judy,
I understand your plight entirely. After graduation from NUS, I searched for a job for more than 12 months. In the end, I gave up….sighs.
I am now doing odd jobs here and there now
Hang in there girl!
Hopefully the traitors will be oust soon with all the other foreign trash!!!
Singapore for SINGAPOREANS!!!!

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:27 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(12 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.12 in reply to 30446.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97405 class=alt>Dear Judy on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 9:01 pm
dc7cd844e5d6f7fa7bf9f46005dbf822

I totally agree with your article. Singaporeans have to be partially responsible for the influx of foreign trashes today. Why do I say so? It is not because we Singaporeans are lazy, stupid and less hard driven but because we have given too much power to a party full of wolves in sheep furs for too long.
As a result, the PAP can do whatever they wish without sparing some thoughts to how we the native people feel or think. Singapore becomes a PAP Corp. and some may call, Leeland.
Singaporeans are patient and most tolerant group of people in the world. We welcome foreigners.
BUT
what PAP did was wrong. The PAP recklessly let in millions of foreigners… with total no disregards for the livelihoods of native Singaporeans who supported them. Many companies drool over the huge pool of cheap labors( many of these are PAP linked companies) and began to retrench the locals in the name of restructuring, even though they are doing well. The real reason these companies retrenched Singaporeans is to free up jobs to hire cheaper foreigners.
Singaporeans lose their jobs. In addition to having the disadvantage of National Service liabilities which make the male citizens less favorable by employers, we now have to face downpours of foreigners that make it even impossible to find a stable job.
Male and Female Singaporeans alike suffer as they need higher salary to support their parents and families in this place we call our homeland but the PAP expect them to lower their salary to those of foreigners which totally makes no sense.
Don’t make the same mistake. Don’t vote PAP. Tell your family, friends and whoever you can to stop the heartless government from ripping our families further apart.
AN EX LOYAL PAP SUPPORTER

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:27 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (13 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.13 in reply to 30446.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97439 class=alt>Babyboomer on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 10:04 pm
84b5b68a1262227a23f7e6d47d1adc25

Dear Judy,
Like you I find myself being alienated in my own country.
I was always a PAP voter even though I had disagreed with some of their policys but of late I find myself gravitating more and more to the alternative voice because of what these same policys have evolved into.
Somehow I have the perception that they have stopped listening to us.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:28 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (14 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.14 in reply to 30446.13 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97458 class=alt>Jobs for foreigners, NS for Singaporeans on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 10:28 pm
a1802ba4d6c532a1376b2a609514d971

The PAP government has the power to control the foreigner situation, but they refuse to. A simple quota for S-passes does it all, but they refuse to. Just look at Japan’s LDP. It has been done before, and it will happen again this time in Singapore.
I’m a fresh graduate and I can totally understand the situation, because I see a job STOLEN right in front of my eyes by a VIETNAMESE who is not even PR. And that job is definitely not one that is shunned by Singaporeans. It’s PMET job.
Don’t make the same mistake again in the coming elections. Because if you do, I’m 100% sure you will be screwed for another 5 years and your children will be screwed for their lives.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:30 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(15 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.15 in reply to 30446.14 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97466 class=alt>thomas on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 10:42 pm
61a87af94419858f15b8032a0ac03e2a

Kudos to you for having written an honest, simple yet straight to the point article. I am in the IT line and was in the same situation as you 7 years ago. My frens and peers were only able to get $1.7k – $1.8K and i was faced with a $17K++ school loan to pay off.
In my 1st IT project, i was one of the 2 singaporean programmers (excluding my singaporean PM)
Excluding my Singaporean PM, i was surrounded by 10++ indian programmers who had the programming standards of a high school student, let alone adhere to the basic SOP needed in a IT project. Is it any surprise that the the high number of indian programmers coincided with the fact that 2 of my team leads were indian?
It was no surprise that the project floundered and in the end, it was up to a SINGAPOREAN programming wiz to save the project. Later in other jobs, i have friends who needed to kio sai (clean up shit) of IT projects that were outsourced 100% to china and the programmers were soooo cheap that the company had no qualms footing their airline ticket and accommodation for them to finish up their project in singapore.
With the way things are going now, i fear for the future generation and the plight of my own kids (if i were to have any).

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=msgtablealt cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:07 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(18 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.18 in reply to 30446.17 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97480 class=alt>Not A Quitter on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 11:14 pm
a07d47a608af9188b881337467adc67d

Dear Judy,
I feel for you too like Tru Borne SIN.
I was retrenched in 2005 and was on the verge of getting a relevant job after many rounds of interviews when came the final round. The hiring manager had just came on board and he turned out to be a FT PRC!!! The rest was history.
I was jobless for almost a year before I found this current job, but thousands of miles away from my family with 2 young kids! I only get to see them once in a few months so Tru Borne SIN is more fortunate than me in this respect! All these thanks to our gahmen’s favoritism for FTs over its own people!
It is a terrible feeling to be away from my love ones, not just the loneliness but a feeling of guilt for failing to play my part during this important stage of growing up of my kids.
One of the greatest companies I have here is ….. TR that keeps me informed of real happenings in Singapore. In addition to YouTube and FaceBook banned by the authority here, I had added the Shitty Times to the ban list voluntarily!
All the best to you Judy!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:08 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(19 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>30446.19 in reply to 30446.18 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><LI id=comment-97485 class=alt>A dog named Boo on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 11:28 pm
c7ffa94408262346712fc673e5314d8c

Foreigners are given preference over locals. I do not know of any country that practises this. To compound to this, when the foreigners are in, they bring in more foreigners at the expense of the locals. Don’t believe me? Go to the Dept of Statistic website now to check:
Singapore total employment : 2.99 million
Foreigners and PRs employed : 1.78 million
Singapore citizens employed : 1.21 million.
If you minus Singaporeans employed by the govt i.e. all the ministries, armed forces, NS men, police, statutory boards like HDB etc I guess in the private sector Singaporeans comprised only 30% of the work force. Which country has such statistics? We are totally overwhelmed!
I urge Singaporeans to go to Raffles Place MRT to see the pathetic ads placed to plead to employers to hire on merit and be fair (to locals). Again another UNIQUELY SINGAPORE campaign.

<LI id=comment-97487 class=alt>WTF on Mon, 22nd Mar 2010 11:30 pm
454e49fbef4934ea979ad7bd64dc030e

36% of 5 million = 1.8 million
1.8 million foreigners on 700 sq km of land.
BTW, the FTs are also crowding out the ‘higher class’ jobs of managers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants etc. So it’s not just the low wage, blue collared folks who feel marginalised.
A reality of globalisation? No, it’s an overly liberal immigration policy gone awry. The PAP screwed up big time, little wonder the ‘let’s make our new citizens feel welcome’ theme keeps playing on like a broken record in the mainstream media. The PAP knows it must do damage control, and fast.
If the PAP is the best Singapore has, we’re up shit creek without a paddle.

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot></TD><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
step 1. Fuck the fapee traitors in the cumming ge. Vote in any opposition as long as he or she is pro-sporn.

step 2. Freeze & confiscate the fapee traitors' ill-gotten wealth.

step 3. Bring the fapee traitors to justice.

step 4. Send the fapee traitors to the hangman!

step 5. Rebuild sg again.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx Makapa.... bros, pls pass on these postings to your friends and relatives. Such news will never be printed by PAP owned SPH. It's only thru the Net, which PAP can't control, that we get to read such news....