• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ho Ching insults Singaporeans with western names

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with her 100%. "Foyce" Lim, "Wendy" Chong and "Jack" Neo should too.

The Chinese seem to be more ashamed of the names their parents gave them than any other ethnic group on the face of this earth.:rolleyes: What a pathetic bunch they are. :eek:

What about Amos. Did they have their first date eating cookie?

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
....there may be some truths in all these arguements,

is that why indian newsreader called China President as

Eleven Jinping?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed out 'Noodle Cheng' - HK male star who play gangster roles & star in HK CGI movie FengYun .....

The only funny part abt Lee Wei Ling's article is when she mentioned since her name is too common to be used to register for online accounts, normally she used 'Lee Hsien Yang' - always works fine ! :biggrin:

Should tell her, if 'Lee Hsien Yang' cannot, try 'Lee Hsien Tau' !

This guy is definitely ignorance of the fact that "Noodle" is actually a food name

"Char Kway Teow"

Hongkees are really poor in their English..some one must have to told him to disassociate

the name "Noodle" as he is a Star now,,,..not a man in the street or a Garbage collector

called "Noodle"

If you ever visit HK you'll realized Hongkees has got real funny English name...like

"Sky" "Water" "Asshole" "Cane" a guy called himself "Candy" my friend upon hearing

his name fall off from his chair!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
My name, 'Wei Ling', means 'the sound of tinkling jade'. My parents did not foresee that I would grow up to be a tomboy who would join the army cadets in secondary school, where my loud and resonant voice was deemed appropriate for a parade commander.

In penning her thoughts on various subjects, LWL comes across as sensible, compassionate and caring person despite her wealthy family background and having a controversial father who carried a hatchet in his bag.

She is an individual with her own rights to live life as she pleases. Whatever the deeds of her father, she has got nothing to do with his actions. Critics should not lambast her for things she did not do or for being the daughter of LKY.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In penning her thoughts on various subjects, LWL comes across as sensible, compassionate and caring person despite her wealthy family background and having a controversial father who carried a hatchet in his bag.

She is an individual with her own rights to live life as she pleases. Whatever the deeds of her father, she has got nothing to do with his actions. Critics should not lambast her for things she did not do or for being the daughter of LKY.

Yeah, but she's ugly. For a woman, the worthiness of her very existence has been invalidated.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

most of us have no problem/s with that - but her life as an individual should also come with the responsibility to look like and resemble a woman, being the daughter of, and befitting the stature and status, of a founding father. i would be more afraid of meeting her (instead of the knuckle-dusters) in a cul-de-sac and wonder if "it" should be on four legs instead of two, to complete / augment / compliment the look :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Act so hiso then the lee clan shouldn't use even romanized Chinese names....spell them in original Chinese la.
Lee Wei Ling? Angmo will ask you what fucked up English is that.
Have angmo names means must be Christian? Fucking narrow minded.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Act so hiso then the lee clan shouldn't use even romanized Chinese names....spell them in original Chinese la.
Lee Wei Ling? Angmo will ask you what fucked up English is that.
Have angmo names means must be Christian? Fucking narrow minded.

The Familee members are always intolerant, petty and narrow-minded. Part nature, part nurture. :wink:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
She says no Western names, but her sister in law loves Westerners!

Then the current cabinet got no one with Western names ah? Grace Fu? Grace Fu Christian meh? Lawrence Wong?