• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jean Feels Blessed Living in Bt Panjang Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mar 20, 2010

Like a forgotten town? Not my Bukit Panjang

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
THE comment, 'We are neither here nor there so we are like a forgotten town' ('The crowded, slow ride from Bukit Panjang'; March10), seems a gross misrepresentation of Bukit Panjang.
I live in Bukit Panjang and if I want to go shopping in central Singapore, bus services 171, 700 and 190 take me to the heart of Orchard Road. Service 75 takes me to Great World City in the south; to the west, the 180 takes me to Jurong Point.
To the north, the 171 takes me to Northpoint in Yishun and the 963 to Causeway Point in Woodlands. To the east? Well, the 966 (express) goes to Parkway Parade in Marine Parade.
What if I need to visit a polyclinic? A less than 15-minute bus ride on either the 176 or feeder service 975 takes me to Bukit Batok or Choa Chu Kang polyclinics respectively.
If I have visitors from India who want a taste of home, the 960 takes them straight to the Serangoon Road area.
From where I live, other attractions like Chinatown and Geylang Serai are readily served by some of the buses I have highlighted.
With so many bus services taking residents all across the island - and many of them express services at that - I feel lucky to have bought a flat in Bukit Panjang.
As for other conveniences, Bukit Panjang Plaza, which is within walking distance for many residents, houses the library, FairPrice supermarket and other shops and eateries, meeting virtually all our essential needs.
In the five years I have lived here, the LRT has rarely broken down. Long gone are the days when the Bukit Panjang LRT made headlines over breakdowns. The authorities in charge of the LRT should be commended for turning it around.
The problem of infrequent feeder bus service plying HDB blocks not served by the LRT is not unique to Bukit Panjang. Residents in other HDB towns who live outside the town centre may be inconvenienced too. Having said that, I hope SMRT will increase the frequency of feeder bus services 920 and 922 to benefit Bukit Panjang residents who do not live within walking distance of the LRT or trunk bus services.
I feel blessed by the convenience of the reliable and efficient bus services plying Bukit Panjang. To this day, I have not felt the urge to hop into a taxi, except once or twice a year when the family takes a taxi to Changi Airport to catch a plane.
Jean Clare Tan (Madam)

cashman999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mar 20, 2010

Like a forgotten town? Not my Bukit Panjang

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
THE comment, 'We are neither here nor there so we are like a forgotten town' ('The crowded, slow ride from Bukit Panjang'; March10), seems a gross misrepresentation of Bukit Panjang.
I live in Bukit Panjang and if I want to go shopping in central Singapore, bus services 171, 700 and 190 take me to the heart of Orchard Road. Service 75 takes me to Great World City in the south; to the west, the 180 takes me to Jurong Point.
To the north, the 171 takes me to Northpoint in Yishun and the 963 to Causeway Point in Woodlands. To the east? Well, the 966 (express) goes to Parkway Parade in Marine Parade.
What if I need to visit a polyclinic? A less than 15-minute bus ride on either the 176 or feeder service 975 takes me to Bukit Batok or Choa Chu Kang polyclinics respectively.
If I have visitors from India who want a taste of home, the 960 takes them straight to the Serangoon Road area.
From where I live, other attractions like Chinatown and Geylang Serai are readily served by some of the buses I have highlighted.
With so many bus services taking residents all across the island - and many of them express services at that - I feel lucky to have bought a flat in Bukit Panjang.
As for other conveniences, Bukit Panjang Plaza, which is within walking distance for many residents, houses the library, FairPrice supermarket and other shops and eateries, meeting virtually all our essential needs.
In the five years I have lived here, the LRT has rarely broken down. Long gone are the days when the Bukit Panjang LRT made headlines over breakdowns. The authorities in charge of the LRT should be commended for turning it around.
The problem of infrequent feeder bus service plying HDB blocks not served by the LRT is not unique to Bukit Panjang. Residents in other HDB towns who live outside the town centre may be inconvenienced too. Having said that, I hope SMRT will increase the frequency of feeder bus services 920 and 922 to benefit Bukit Panjang residents who do not live within walking distance of the LRT or trunk bus services.
I feel blessed by the convenience of the reliable and efficient bus services plying Bukit Panjang. To this day, I have not felt the urge to hop into a taxi, except once or twice a year when the family takes a taxi to Changi Airport to catch a plane.
Jean Clare Tan (Madam)

She aint just blessed. She is selling her flat. Such a solid pitch she should have been a property agent. For a short while, I feel like sold on movng over there :rolleyes: