• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indonesian maid reportedly hurts employer's daughter before running away

O

Orochi

Indonesian maid reportedly hurts employer's daughter before running away

By Shaffiq Alkhatib/Evelyn Choo |
Posted: 16 March 2010 1749 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
php8Ay4Oq.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 2</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" width="18" type="image"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" width="19" type="image"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" width="18" type="image"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE : Police are looking for an Indonesian maid, who reportedly threatened her employer's 15-year-old daughter with a knife, before running away on Tuesday afternoon.

The girl suffered bruises on her head and scratches on her arm.

A taxi driver alerted MediaCorp after the teenager's panic-stricken mother related what had happened when he was sending her home in his taxi.

Chua Kok Hwee was driving along Bukit Timah when a woman hailed his cab.
He said: "She was quite worried and just jumped out from the road and asked me to stop the vehicle. She came in and told me, 'Please hurry up, send me home.' I asked her what was happening. She said something happened to her daughter at home, and I said I will try my best."

She went on to tell Mr Chua that her maid had hit her daughter with a knife and bowl - then ran away. She also told Mr Chua that on the night before, her husband had advised the maid to take some Panadol pills after learning she was experiencing headaches.

She said that on Tuesday morning, the maid was still complaining of headaches. The husband had apparently told her off in a loud voice, after learning she had only taken one Panadol pill. On reaching Chestervale condominium in Bukit Panjang, Mr Chua said the woman paid the fare and rushed off.

Police were later seen at a unit, taking a statement from the family. Shortly after, the teenager and her parents emerged from their home - but declined to speak to the media. The parents then ushered their daughter to a flight of stairs nearby.

A neighbour told MediaCorp the woman manages a maid agency at Bukit Timah. Loo Chwee Imm said: "She would bring maids over and teach them, and by the second day, everything would be finished. I do not know what happened today."

The neighbour of 10 years also described the teenager as quiet and well-behaved. She said: "She does well in her studies and is smart. We have seen her grow up over the years. This year, she is taking her "O" Levels." Police are investigating the incident. - CNA/ms

O

Orochi

Maid hit teen, wanted

Singapore
Mar 17, 2010

Maid hit teen, wanted

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line --> THE police are looking for a 25-year-old Indonesian maid after she allegedly threatened her employer's daughter with a knife, and hit her on the head before tying her up with a telephone cable. The maid then escaped, probably through the kitchen window of the third-storey flat, where eyewitnesses saw her sitting on the ledge. The short-haired woman was wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. The drama unfolded at the Chestervale Condominium in Bukit Panjang at about 2.45pm yesterday. It is not known why the maid apparently threatened the teenager with the knife, but the girl tried to snatch it away, and suffered some cuts in the process. The maid then allegedly hit her on the head with a bowl before tying her up. The Secondary 4 student did not see how the maid escaped but managed to free herself. She then called her parents, who in turn informed the condominium management about the incident.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

CAROLYN QUEK & MAVIS GOH