• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

9 out of 10 satisfied with public transport in Sinkapore

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was watching channel 8 just now and it was revealed in news that 9 out of 10 satisfied with public transport in Sinkapore.

Are you one of the 9?!

mustspeakup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was watching channel 8 just now and it was revealed in news that 9 out of 10 satisfied with public transport in Sinkapore.

Are you one of the 9?!

nope...nobody interviewed me...:biggrin:

probably those they interviewed drives everyday to work....

of course they are satisfied with their 'public' transport....because they neber take it..

but for their own private transport, they must be satisfied lah, because you know they spent a fortune paying for it....:biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's do a bit of statistical studies.

SGP Population; total about 5 million

About 2 million are FT population, and assuming that 90% are working and remainder are the FT's dependents. Gives about 1.8 Million people working in SGP, and must, and will take public transport to work daily.

Leaving about 3 million Singaporeans.

Estimated that only about 2/3 or 66.7% are working adults, and the rest are dependents.

Giving about 2 million working adults who are Singaporeans.

according to this article,

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20071023-31685.html dated 2007

There is at least 500,000 cars in Singapore, and most of the time, in SINGAPORE, you will find that only 1 driver, and the car is empty without passengers during rush hours... let's take an assumption of 20% Cars have at least 2 working adults going to work.

Meaning to say, at least 600,000 Singaporeans drive to work or "Tong Pang"

Taxis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicabs_of_Singapore

According to the above report, there are about 24,693 of taxis in operation in Singapore, making an estimated 588,632 trips daily.

Assuming people who take taxi to work, take taxi back home.

Around 294,316 people only take taxi.

Estimated Total of People Taking Public Transports (BUS & MRT) = 1.8 Million FTs, + 2 million Singaporeans - 600,000 (with cars) - 294,316 (take taxis)

= 1.8 Million FTs + 1.105 Million Singaporeans

Ratio of FTs versus Singaporeans using the Public Transport

1.8 : 1.105

or 1.623 : 1

That is to say, for every 3 FTs taking Public Transport, there will be 2 Singaporeans taking Public Transport.

3/(2+3) X 100% = 60%

Meaning to say, there are about 60% of the people taking public transport are FTs.

Which means to say, when the interviewer interview the public, they have a 60% chance of interviewing a FOREIGNER from PRC, INDIA, Philippines etc...

So, when people say that there is 9 out of 10 being satisfied with the Public Transport, I would say that I have a 60% chance accuracy that most of the people interviewed are foreigners.

The report would be more accurate when they interview Singaporeans, perhaps the report would be 4 out of 10 being satisfied...

:biggrin:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

A! Hello stupid Sinkies! I know you are not happy with the transport system, but you live in my kingdom.

Either you get used to it, or fuck off from my kingdom ah!!!

My transport system is to transport my foreign talents babies to and fro and not you Sinkies ah!

Even you got to squeezed with my Indian and China foreign talents in the MRT or buses, get used to their smell even though you dont like it ah!!!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never believe any of the so-called surveys as I had always asked all people I came into contact with and until today, none has said they been surveyed before.

Maybe a law need to be passed to include a register of names that were surveyed should anyone want to check for authenticity.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid PAP.

spend some much $ to rig the survey and cannot even find all 10 persons to be satisfied with the public transport:mad:

wanna rig, rig all the way lah:biggrin: can even say 11 out of 10 person satisfied with public transport. 110% satisfaction is achieveable.

balajii

Alfrescian
Loyal
the ones surveyed have 4 choices

1) somewhat satisfied

2) generally satisified

3) satisifed

4) very satisified.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's do a bit of statistical studies.

Ur assumption is very flawed. To start with, U only assume that locals own U really think FTs don't own cars meh. And what about cars for other uses, Military, cabs, etc, COE still applies to taxis!!!!

And while we're on the topic of private transport, what about motorcycles U miss that number out too.

And since U mentioned tong pang, I'm sure U see a lot of foreign workers being ferried around by trucks and lorrys what about those, that will also significantly reduce the number of foreigners.

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like most surveys done by the PAPpies, this one on the public transport system satisfaction is probably rigged in the gahmen's favour. If a true survey of Sinkies were done, I would estimate that only 40% are "satisfied" with it.

They should force the overpaid civil servants and gahmen officials (if they indeed have the balls and are willing to walk the talk) who normally are chauffer-driven to their ivory towers, to take the public transport once a week at least, together with the peasants since they dare to claim that the public transport is world-class and is sooo satisfactory to all its users.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
No body believes what the SCUMS say anymore.

So all these 'wonderful' things they say using the PROSTITUTE media channels have the REVERSE EFFECT on them.

More people in Singapore will say phoooey. More will get angry. More will VOTE OPPOSITION.

I am not kidding. All these MENTAL MASTURBATION of theirs have a BIG adverse effect on them.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur assumption is very flawed. To start with, U only assume that locals own U really think FTs don't own cars meh. And what about cars for other uses, Military, cabs, etc, COE still applies to taxis!!!!

And while we're on the topic of private transport, what about motorcycles U miss that number out too.

And since U mentioned tong pang, I'm sure U see a lot of foreign workers being ferried around by trucks and lorrys what about those, that will also significantly reduce the number of foreigners.

While doing that quick calculation, I know it's flawed from the beginning.

And you are right, there are still many market parameters to consider.

How about you improving on this Statistical Studies, and I'll give you a Distinction?

The point is not about the accuracy of the Statistical Studies, but to highlight that there ARE more FTs taking public transportation than true blue Singaporeans, that's all...:biggrin: Don't be so serious lah.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never believe any of the so-called surveys as I had always asked all people I came into contact with and until today, none has said they been surveyed before.

Maybe a law need to be passed to include a register of names that were surveyed should anyone want to check for authenticity.

1-3.jpg

You dont know who they survey ah??? Ok let me tell who they are ok???

They survey me, my wife, my sons - Lee Hsien Loong and Lee Hsien Yang, Mah Bow Tan, Nathan - the scissor man, Teo Chee Hien - Teo Chee Bye the NS killer, Lim Swee Say, Seng Han Thong - the FIREman, Ong Ah Heng - sack the elderly, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim - the bochap Muslim/Malay community, Lee Boon Yang - the incompetent, George Yeo - Jack Neo's director, and all the PAP ministers in my kingdom.

I told them that I have increased their salaries by another 8% this year and they better support and says all things are good in my kingdom, if not I will sacked them.

So when the survey is done, the reports come to me are good, and I am very happy ah! Even though if they never take public transportation before in their whole entire life I also dont care, as long as the reports are good can already ah!!!

Last edited: