• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Road rage: Ambulance driver attacked for blocking road

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Road rage: Ambulance driver attacked for blocking road

20100225.113248_ambulance-rotator2.jpg

By ELYSA CHEN

TWO minutes.

That was all it took for two men to turn violent, allegedly attacking a driver whose ambulance had blocked their car.Click on thumbnails below to view more photos. Story continues after photos.
(Photos: TNP, Shin Min)

The attack lasted more than 20 minutes, said witnesses.

The two men allegedly rained blows on the ambulance driver's chest, kicked his groin and tore his uniform, all the while spewing vulgarities.

The ambulance was outside a carpark lot while the driver was helping a patient to a kidney dialysis centre on Saturday afternoon.

Mr Sivachandran Muragasu, 28, nurse service director of Abella Agency, an ambulance and home nursing company, had taken the patient to the kidney dialysis centre at Block 213 Bukit Batok Street 21.

He had just helped the patient settle into a chair when he heard a commotion near the back entrance of the centre.

A man, who looked to be around 50, and another, in his mid-20s, were shouting at the nurses in the dialysis centre to move the ambulance.

Mr Siva, who did not see the men in the carpark when he took the patient to the centre on a stretcher, said the ambulance had been parked there for around two minutes.

When he returned to the carpark, the men confronted him.

Mr Siva said: "The older man asked me, "What the ****, you think it's your father's road?""

When Mr Siva asked him why he used the expletive, both men turned aggressive.

Mr Siva said he fended off their punches by putting his arms in front of his face, and kept trying to move backwards.

He kept pleading with them, he said. He tried explaining that he was just doing his job.

Mr Siva said: "I'm driving an ambulance. They should understand that I'm providing a service."

But the men were not appeased.

Uniform torn

The younger man took hold of the gold chain around Mr Siva's neck and yanked hard on it.

The force ripped the front of his uniform.

Then both men allegedly held onto the chain and pulled on it again.

This time, the force caused the chain to snap.

The chain, which was a present from Mr Siva's wife, is worth more than $1,000.

When he bent over to pick up the chain, the men started kicking his groin.

Mr Siva said: "It was so painful. I felt dizzy."

Another ambulance driver came to his aid and tried to stop the fight, but the men continued hurling verbal abuse at him even after the police arrived.

The ruckus drew a crowd of more than 30 onlookers.

Others were peering out of flats in the blocks nearby.

Some were shouting at the men to stop hitting MrSiva.

One of the neighbours, administrative clerk Yana Minhat, 26, said: "I really pity the ambulance driver. He just wanted to do his work. I was so angry to see the (two men) bullying him, I shouted at them from my third-floor flat."

She said Mr Siva kept apologising to the two men, and had asked them to forget the issue.

But the men continued to beat him, and even hit his face.

She said: "When they punched his face, I saw the shock on his face. You could tell that he wanted to beat them back, but he was controlling himself.

"I thought he would punch them back, but he kept telling them "Sua" (Hokkien for "Let's forget it")."