• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister of Health Successor Shortlisted.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the PAP is ramping up the final list. One of those shortlisted was asked to go get married and he did just that recently. I am no talking about a fresh chiku but a man past the age 50 and a veteran Health administrator. He has been with the PAP a long time, appointed to chair an NGO (but sponsored by the PAP) for sometime and asked to be involved with an Asean entity at the expense of Think Centre's main man.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Looks like the PAP is ramping up the final list. One of those shortlisted was asked to go get married and he did just that recently. I am no talking about a fresh chiku but a man past the age 50 and a veteran Health administrator. He has been with the PAP a long time, appointed to chair an NGO (but sponsored by the PAP) for sometime and asked to be involved with an Asean entity at the expense of Think Centre's main man.

Dear Scroobal,

Hope that your information is accurate but I think KBW has just thrown the challenge to opposition to challenge him at Woodlands.

What I heard was that one minister is going to resign after the budget and I sincerely hope that it is not Mah BT. Else I will loose my leverage for the moment. :wink:

If KBW is going to resign as well, then I can take a breather. If he is to be sent to Tampines to replace Mah, I will have a hard time. If he is to go to Aljunied GRC (very likely as I think he has made two or three trips there for the past few years), then WP will have a hard time.

Goh Meng Seng

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal,

Hope that your information is accurate but I think KBW has just thrown the challenge to opposition to challenge him at Woodlands.

What I heard was that one minister is going to resign after the budget and I sincerely hope that it is not Mah BT. Else I will loose my leverage for the moment. :wink:

If KBW is going to resign as well, then I can take a breather. If he is to be sent to Tampines to replace Mah, I will have a hard time. If he is to go to Aljunied GRC (very likely as I think he has made two or three trips there for the past few years), then WP will have a hard time.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, did the opposition party conduct any straw poll?

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sign of our times when the opposition army can only send in a sniper with confidence and see only defeats conducting tactical field maneuvers in a war.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is ever certain until the fat lady sings. Khaw has made his intention not to contest and just do one term from the very start. He was asked to identify and groom a successor. The leaders prefer having an experienced health pro and this portfolio is age sensitive especially when elderly cohort increase and health issue is top of mind. They prefer to vote for a proven health professional that can look after them.

He may still be persuaded to change his mind if the anointed successor is deemed not ready. The fact that his guy has got to marry in his mid 50s is not a joke. Nothing to do with love either. They began working on him quite some time back. They got him to chair an NGO and that was not a joke either.

There is no way that Mah will step down unless a heart attack or stroke gets to him first. You got your fight.

Dear Scroobal,

Goh Meng Seng

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lemme guess, he's a former army guy, works in TTSH and SIF, and CEC member of the Singapore Medical Council?

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh,

What's your confidence level in winning Tampines GRC??
Have you done any straw poll in Tampines to date??
Have you already formed a strong team to contest Mah in Tampines??
How much work has NSP put in Tampines for the past 3 years i.e. what have you been doing for the Tampines voters for the passt 3yrs??

Remember, the previous NSP team could only muster 30% in the 2006 GE.

YOU NEED ANOTHER 21% TO MAKE IT PASS THE WINNING LINE, AND IT'S DAMN FORMIDABLE. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS NOT TO DAY DREAM BUT TO STRIVE VERY HARD FROM NOW ON TO WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE TAMPINES VOTERS. MORE INPORTANTLY, WHAT IS YOUR STRATEGY / GAME PLAN IN WINNING THE VOTERS OVER TO YOUR SIDE?? JUST CHALLENGING MAH TO A HDB DEBATE IS A VERY EASY WAY OUT, BUT I DON'T THINK TAMPINES VOTERS GIVE 2 HOOTS ABOUT IT.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are asking me of my game plan. Obviously, I will tell you that you will know it better when the time comes. :wink:

Don't worry about my team trying to win another 20% to win in Tampines. If it comes, it will come. Only the PAP will be worried about that.

The things you are seeing now, is just the beginning. HDB seems to be a headless chicken running around to fire fight. I heard they have just changed the billboard outside the site in Tampines which initially meant to build Rental Flats into BTO signage. You see, we are not merely working for Tampines Voters, we are working for ALL Singaporeans, especially the young ones. The pressure exerted by the mere mention of our intent to contest Minister Mah BT targeting specifically on his HDB policies have done wonders so far.

From BTO to rental flats, it is all sudden U turns. It is pretty ironic that right after MM Lee mentioned that he does not believe in providing rental flats to Singaporeans, HDB done a somersault reversal on its previous policy of reducing rental flats (please read my blog post) into one that just go into building more rental flats.

This is the kind of LEVERAGE we are talking about, not just knocking doors. If we show ourselves as serious competitors armed with good policy views and analysis, we will force the incumbents to react to serve the citizens better. Such maneuvering has become 1000% more effective in serving the interests of citizens than merely knocking doors and shaking hands. What I can promise is, it will get more exciting later. :wink:

I am giving Minister Mah BT a very good chance to try and convince Singaporeans, not merely his voters in Tampines, but EVERY SINGAPOREANS, OPENLY that his HDB policies are good and sound. It would be more convincing for him to do that by trying to DEMOLISH opposition members' views in a direct, open LIVE TV DEBATE.

As I have said before, winning or losing an elections to me, is very much secondary. Singaporeans' interests and welfare must come first as top priorities. If after such an open debate, every Singaporeans are convinced about how good HDB policies are, so be it. But if PAP suddenly realizes that they are losing the argument and try to do more (as what they are seen doing right now), then it benefits our citizens as a whole.

And you are very right. It is really a formidable task to have make a 20% swing to win Tampines, especially so when Minister Mah and his team has groomed his ground so well in Tampines. Minister Mah is definitely not an "EASY TARGET", least a "WEAK OPPONENT" at all. He is as senior as PM Lee and has fought all but one elections in 1997 during his whole political career. He is one of the rare PAP ministers who have such wealth of electoral experience. A respectable opponent to take on. To make a 20% swing against him is almost unimaginable and impossible. I heard he is expected to win 65% or more in the coming GE but we still want to extract the best deal out from him for Singaporeans.

However, as I have said, it is not merely about winning. It is about "putting the spurs deeper into PAP's hides" to make them work harder for Singaporeans. In fact, 30% of my objective has been met so far. He has reacted by doing more the right things for Singaporeans, especially those young couples by pushing through hastily more BTO projects. But is this enough? Of course not, in my humble opinion. These BTO flats are grossly over priced.

Anyway, just wait and see what is installed for the impending contest.

For the mean time, Happy Lunar New Year to you.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh,

What's your confidence level in winning Tampines GRC??
Have you done any straw poll in Tampines to date??
Have you already formed a strong team to contest Mah in Tampines??
How much work has NSP put in Tampines for the past 3 years i.e. what have you been doing for the Tampines voters for the passt 3yrs??

Remember, the previous NSP team could only muster 30% in the 2006 GE.

YOU NEED ANOTHER 21% TO MAKE IT PASS THE WINNING LINE, AND IT'S DAMN FORMIDABLE. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS NOT TO DAY DREAM BUT TO STRIVE VERY HARD FROM NOW ON TO WIN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF THE TAMPINES VOTERS. MORE INPORTANTLY, WHAT IS YOUR STRATEGY / GAME PLAN IN WINNING THE VOTERS OVER TO YOUR SIDE?? JUST CHALLENGING MAH TO A HDB DEBATE IS A VERY EASY WAY OUT, BUT I DON'T THINK TAMPINES VOTERS GIVE 2 HOOTS ABOUT IT.

Last edited:

fengshuisifu

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS....remember to visit Tampines GRC..More action...maybe in FB, web site...any reporting which we can c u in action...nowadays internet reporting is important, what u do...update us!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
GMS....remember to visit Tampines GRC..More action...maybe in FB, web site...any reporting which we can c u in action...nowadays internet reporting is important, what u do...update us!

If you want to know what I am doing in Tampines, I could give you some insight here.

Apart from our routine Sunday walkabout to sell our papers, North Star, I will visit coffeeshops in Tampines in the evenings during the weekdays. We will still sell the papers North Star but that is just mere indication of support or "converts" to us.

We will go around doing our sales talk, trying to convince residents there to support us by listing out the ills the HDB policies and why Mah BT's HDB policies are bad for Singapore's present and future generations.

So far, this tactic is more rewarding and effective than the traditional knocking doors, shaking hands and kissing babies.

Goh Meng Seng

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are very angry over our soccer team not able to make it to South Africa come June.

So remember to 'hamtam' MBT and GCT when you do your walkabouts.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to know what I am doing in Tampines, I could give you some insight here.

Apart from our routine Sunday walkabout to sell our papers, North Star, I will visit coffeeshops in Tampines in the evenings during the weekdays. We will still sell the papers North Star but that is just mere indication of support or "converts" to us.

We will go around doing our sales talk, trying to convince residents there to support us by listing out the ills the HDB policies and why Mah BT's HDB policies are bad for Singapore's present and future generations.

So far, this tactic is more rewarding and effective than the traditional knocking doors, shaking hands and kissing babies.

Goh Meng Seng

Keep up the good work .Your effort will translate into more support. Happy CNY !

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If possible without giving the game away and within your party guidelines, is it possible to pen a few lines in a new thread on feedback and comments received during your walkabouts on Sundays as well as from your visits to coffeeshops. Also what your thoughts are seeing people,places as well as their condition. Also your thoughts on this journey.

It will good for readers to share that journey and to find out what the common man on the ground feels. As you know, this is country that does not have a newspaper and we are trying to know more.

Goh Meng Seng

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
What kind of straw poll?

Goh Meng Seng

Things like popular rating of the incumbent. How well the MP perform? What arev the areas the voters are unhappy about.

Issues the residents are more concern about. Is it really about national issues like MBT HDB policies or local municipal issues like how well the estates are maintain. (if majority of the residents are still concern with their kampong issues, then I think opposition don't stand much chance)

also can find out the likely level of support for oppositions. What the likely results if NSP, WP, SDP is going to contest here. So we know which party stands a better chance.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thot he may be LTL whose sister used to be in MFA but some of the bits above doesn't seem to match....er who ahh?