• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it okay to have just one serious thread?

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,

I do not understand why you need to slam each other but if you need to, then i suppose you need to. Some can be really funny like clinton666 and madmansg and are always good for a diversion.

Will it be possible if we can have just one serious thread? Perhaps something like "Discuss anything in a friendly manner?"

If not, perhaps the value of this forum, which is one of the very few which are unmoderated, would be marginalized.

If yes, then people of all shades will have their place in the sun here.

Anyway, it all depends on your co-operation and willingness to go with the idea.

What say you?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP and the Dark Side will always win. That's a fact of life. A stark reality that will not change until the external enemies are at the gates. The smart ones are those who have left, those who are leaving and those have their feet perched on two different boats while making as much money as they can. That will be the true legacy of LKY. See the party is already starting. HERE!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP and the Dark Side will always win. That's a fact of life. A stark reality that will not change until the external enemies are at the gates. The smart ones are those who have left, those who are leaving and those have their feet perched on two different boats while making as much money as they can. That will be the true legacy of LKY. See the party is already starting. HERE!

Is this a very serious thread or not? Anyway,there is no need to ask people to be serious here. This is a place to let go bombs.To let go farting.To let go your frustrations.To let go your vitriole and to release your hate..hate...hate for anything.

Why ask people to be serious? You can post serious threads and let the others repond lor. Singaporeans are far too serious oleidi and you want some more seriousness in this forum. Then no more fun oleidi.

Getting too serious can kill you. So let us have a party.You talk and you post at your own freedom.No problems.Anything goes. I love freedom of thoughts.I love freedom of speech. I love Sam for giving us this freedom of expression and post. Thank you Sam!

Spirit-Centred

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can feel relax and humurous in posting your views and rebutting others people's views but not to the stage of attacking each other personally destroying the credibility of this forum. To be serious is to not forgeting our objective of coming to this forum, that is to exchange nformation on the state of our current society's distress and ills, so that some intelligent guys may share with all of us in Singapore their constructive solutions to these problems. Who knows the gabment may pick up the good ideas from here and in the end the people of Singapore shall benefit.

Share and care for others!

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
No human being have a monopoly on insights.

Yet all of us have life experiences and personal thoughts.

Thus an unmoderated forum is good because it allows us to share our experiences and insights. For example I learnt a lot from a number of people here.

But it is okay if you want to slam each other.

Still, will it be okay to have a thread (perhaps prefixed by 'S') so that people who want to share their thoughts can do so, without it being submerged by all the vitrolic acid.

Thus this board will still allow for those who want to throw acid at each other and at the same time, allow for constructive political discussion.

It is just a willingness for each of us to give and take and it will create a name for this board. Because right now, if anyone comes in it will seem like a chaotic house and rightly or wrongly, it may tarnish the opposition's image. Which is already tarnished enough.

Besides I noticed that a number of good writers here have disappeared or write less. And I missed their writings.

Btw, to clarify, I am not looking for moderation or censorship here. It is more of a honor system, a self-regulating system by all of us. In some ways, it is weak. But in other ways, it can be very strong. It all depends on us. So what do you think?

Last edited:
A

Alu862

Nothing can be serious here. Especially anti SDP comments (even though they are constructive and not pro PAP) are always responded by the foul langauge SDP team