• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How can a Taxi Driver migrate?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a degree and a taxi driver now. Am I eligible for application?thks.

It really depends on where you want to migrate.
Some countries like Australia uses the points system.
You need to hit certain number of points to get in.

Eg a Hairdresser may get 60 points, while a Singapore banker get zero point.
But a baker, plumber or carpenter are in a list of acceptable occupations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gene...skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just don't tell them that.
Tell them you are in passengers relocation industry. A gardener is a plants doctor and the butcher is an animal's pathologist.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

In yr condition (dunno what), do you think you wont have an issue with yr police clearance? Everyone planning to migrate has to go to Cantonment Police HQ to get a Criminal Record free report.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun have any criminal record,just being blacklisted.

In yr condition (dunno what), do you think you wont have an issue with yr police clearance? Everyone planning to migrate has to go to Cantonment Police HQ to get a Criminal Record free report.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
what abt having a relative in Australia,does that help?

If you can migrate under skilled migration, do it, its the "fastest" route compared with the others. Migration under, family, relative, in general takes a longer time and have rules that are not as clear-cut. By the way, I've heard that Australia is stopping processing of all visas unless you are the highly sought after category. You might want to check up on that.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you married?
Are you interested in lonely Aussie singles?

Neddy, I'm single and interested in lonely Aussie girls. Any recommendation ah ?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Profile:
Drives a mini-cooper S.
Stable job in Sydney for last 2 years.
Planning to buy a house soon.

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can claim asylum if you are being victimised politically. The Aussie's and the Kiwi's Governments are quite sympathetic on cases like this, provided you can prove your allegations. Singapore's Government doesn't rate high politically in the eyes of those two governments.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Migration is for everyone, dude. If the India-indians can altered their resumes and claim that they have worked for a large MNC as a labourer (I hire labourers lately).. KNN, i guess our sinkie mates can do better than that !..

- 1st, you have to print out the demand list.. and check out which is the easier route to gain PR..
- then take a short course and get accreditation/certificate.
- Resume ~ is up to your own creativity.. do leave a real telephone number for their reference check.
- Finally, submit your doc to relevant skill membership in Oz.. once they approved you... you can submit your PR application and book your 1-way ticket.

It is as easy as ABC.. if you have a sponsor, plus your degree, plus your skill, plus plus +... your final reply will be = YAHOOOO! !!

Note: The rule says my wifey needs to take Australian tax subjects in order to gain CPA... lol... she juz got her CPA via relaxation ruling.. :smile:

SG education and NS have make us weaker.. it is time to wake up and think outta box !!

Good luck !

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

All the more reason the police may not want to give you clearance, but then again, they might think good riddance to bad rubbish and they may just endup giving you. After all, what have you got to lose by trying?

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
- 1st, you have to print out the demand list.. and check out which is the easier route to gain PR..
- then take a short course and get accreditation/certificate.
!

But its not so simple these days. I don't suppose DIAC recognizes short courses. If you were to look at the website, they require education and experience in the areas that are in demand and these are usually assessed by the relevant professional bodies in Ozland. As such, education and training can take a good 2-3 years I guess and if rules change in future or if he is nearing 45,its going to be a problem for him.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
But its not so simple these days. I don't suppose DIAC recognizes short courses. If you were to look at the website, they require education and experience in the areas that are in demand and these are usually assessed by the relevant professional bodies in Ozland. As such, education and training can take a good 2-3 years I guess and if rules change in future or if he is nearing 45,its going to be a problem for him.

I am quoting this bcoz my assistant has successfully migrated to Adelaide :smile: His highest education is only N level. He took 6 months course and he carefully altered his resume with support and referees from ex-employer and professional engineer. I supplied him with some project plans and methodologies.. Education and experience ~ satisfied ! plus sponsor from his sister-in-law.. min points achieved !

It took him 2yrs to prepare for the process and approval... of course this include the appealing process :smile: I am meeting him in the next few months. KNN, i heard his wifey is claiming $1500/mth from centrelink. !@#$%^@#$%

SG education and NS are killing us.. it takes a lot of guts and brain power to achieve your goals.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't try you won't even have a chance to succeed. I've heard of someone bringing their 70yo mum with a medical condition that requires expensive medicine over to Australia. Three children with only one in Australia. Chances of migrating for her case is zero according to the rules, less then 50% of children in Australia, over the age limit and high medical cost for the Aust tax payer. The daughter, the only child in Australia, applied and rejected on the above reasons. Appealed citing she is the only dependent to the mum with monthly scheduled payments to her to support her. Australian government let her in with full health benefits. Now she is bringing the sister over as a carer for the mum. Whole family living happily in Australia now. What most Singaporean do not understand is that the laws in this country are not inflexible. Its different from Singapore, the human compassion grounds are there. Just because someone said so doesn't mean it can't be overturned.

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Compassion

If you don't try you won't even have a chance to succeed. I've heard of someone bringing their 70yo mum with a medical condition that requires expensive medicine over to Australia. Three children with only one in Australia. Chances of migrating for her case is zero according to the rules, less then 50% of children in Australia, over the age limit and high medical cost for the Aust tax payer. The daughter, the only child in Australia, applied and rejected on the above reasons. Appealed citing she is the only dependent to the mum with monthly scheduled payments to her to support her. Australian government let her in with full health benefits. Now she is bringing the sister over as a carer for the mum. Whole family living happily in Australia now. What most Singaporean do not understand is that the laws in this country are not inflexible. Its different from Singapore, the human compassion grounds are there. (emphasis added by Charlie9) Just because someone said so doesn't mean it can't be overturned.

In most western countries, there is compassion and discretion. Unfortunately, one of the developed countries in Asia, does not appear to consider it appropriate to provide its senior civil servants with the flexibility to exercise compassion and / or discretion.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Compassion

In most western countries, there is compassion and discretion. Unfortunately, one of the developed countries in Asia, does not appear to consider it appropriate to provide its senior civil servants with the flexibility to exercise compassion and / or discretion.

If you are referring to Singapore, I won't call it developed. Singapore failed in several indexes/ranking relating to freedom of speech, human rights. Developed does not just mean what you can see, it has to be from the heart as well. You are right, there are no compassion and discretion on the parts of senior civil servants in Singapore. But this goes hand in hand with the concept that there are no real transparency, checks and balance in Singapore as well. Everything are done because its "Cheaper, Better, Faster", much easier to do that if you just stick to the rules.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the degree or the job is not important in terms of migration.

Because even if you cannot migrate to the country of your choice, you can still work abroad.

Singapore's laws are quite good in terms of protecting your assets compared to those in other countries.

So make use of these laws but work abroad and it is as good as migrating.

You avoid the social problems and high taxation of the 1st world countries, and if you are reasonably wealthy, your money will go to your descendants instead of your new government.

Do consider this as an alternative towards full-fledged migration unless you detest the PAP Government so much that nothing else matters.