• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Daft and ugly Singaporeans

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB flats have no intrinsic values

THE current contentious issue on the affordability of public housing was given another airing by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew who cautioned Singaporeans not to cast a protest vote against the ruling party over this.

As Singaporeans lament about rising flat prices, he said they ought to understand the Government sells them at a subsidised price, below market rate, so that they can own an asset that will appreciate in value over the years. It adds to their wealth and this is asset-enhancing policy Mr Lee believes citizens should not find fault with.

If they do, they must be 'daft', he said at a dialogue during a housing conference as part of a series of events to mark the Housing Board's (HDB) 50th anniversary.

And if National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan is unable to defend this policy, 'he deserves to lose' at the next General Election, he quipped to laughter from the participants, including a chuckling Mr Mah.

But if Mr Mah loses to the opposition, he warned that Singaporeans better sell their flats fast as it would no longer be of any value.

Mr Lee's blunt remarks were in response to a question by dialogue moderator Tommy Koh, who pulled out a Straits Times report which said at least three opposition parties are keen to contest Tampines GRC that Mr Mah helms, as they want to raise the affordability of public housing as an election issue to gain votes.

Know we know why HDB prices are high.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Re: HDB flats have no intrinsic values

That is the biggest joke, a serious one as well. I don't think it is appropriate for a person with a position like MM Lee should joke about this like that.

Mah BT is not the Prime Minister nor SM. To say that Singaporeans will have to sell of their flats because there will no longer be value is really an overstatement. Even if Mah BT lost, it doesn't mean the whole PAP lost as the ruling party. Even if PAP lost its power as the ruling party, HDB flats will not lose their value.

To tell Singaporeans to sell their flats with the government UNWILLING to provide rental flats is the biggest joke. Does he mean that Singaporeans should ALL EMIGRATE out of Singapore? Such joke is a serious one. It will affect foreign investors. How would the foreign investors view? PAP, the ruling party, is so fragile that losing a housing minister will shake all the confidence in our people? Should the foreigners sell out their private property investment as well as abandon their business here as well?

Well, I understand the PAP has to protect their ministers in some ways, most of the time throwing subtle threats to Singaporeans to warn them about "serious consequences" of voting them out. But I guess this little threat here is too serious a joke to be mentioned at all.

Goh Meng Seng

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Know we know why HDB prices are high.

You're all missing the point that MM Lee is making.

HDB resale prices are invariably tied to the availability and price of new HDB flats as well as condominiums. The price of condominiums are also tied to the price of resale flat (as the low end condos are bought by HDB upgraders, the mid-range condos by low end condo upgraders etc).

Those who do not have an HDB flat are clamouring for lower prices. But they are in the minority. The majority of Singaporeans own their flat/condo and that is their main asset (cut out the crap about 99 years etc, the value is what others will pay for it). Allowing HDB resale prices to drop (and condos etc etc) is more politically disastrous than letting the newcomers feel the pinch of higher prices (and once they are in the game they will think differently wanting prices of their own flat to go up).

Voting against MBT is one thing. But if it becomes a referendum on asset value enhancement, it is going to be a disaster.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

You are right. However resale market is different from new flats. HDB is the SOLE MONOPOLY SUPPLIER of new HDB flats. It has control over the pricing.

The scary thing is when HDB starts to value the new flats at 30 years mortgage with 30% of household income as payment, it is sending a clear signal, it is milking us to the max!

I have not much complains about how the resale market of HDB flats. But in order for Singaporeans to get asset appreciation, we cannot have the monopoly trying to milk the max out of each strata income group. That's the point.

Goh Meng Seng

You're all missing the point that MM Lee is making.

HDB resale prices are invariably tied to the availability and price of new HDB flats as well as condominiums. The price of condominiums are also tied to the price of resale flat (as the low end condos are bought by HDB upgraders, the mid-range condos by low end condo upgraders etc).

Those who do not have an HDB flat are clamouring for lower prices. But they are in the minority. The majority of Singaporeans own their flat/condo and that is their main asset (cut out the crap about 99 years etc, the value is what others will pay for it). Allowing HDB resale prices to drop (and condos etc etc) is more politically disastrous than letting the newcomers feel the pinch of higher prices (and once they are in the game they will think differently wanting prices of their own flat to go up).

Voting against MBT is one thing. But if it becomes a referendum on asset value enhancement, it is going to be a disaster.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

your MM is telling you sinkie this because he understand the shallowness of sinkie. everything is about flat. WAHAHAHAH!! i am going to enjoy this.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paper gain is not real until it is actualised. Similarly people buy HDB for homes not financial gain. If there is any asset appreciation it is an extra.

All the same KICK MAH BOW TAN OUT. HDB under him has gotten out of hand.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what if my property appreciate in value? I dun sell I dun gain. Didn't they the PAP a few elections kept telling the people to be contented and not be materialistic? So what are they harping now? Contradicting themselves again.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:[COLOR="_______"]FUCK YOU PA[/COLOR]P:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal

The statement that he made to the SIA girl to remember who she should vote for because she got her new flat really pissed me off. Linking votes to flats..

This issue of affordabilty should be made a national issue during the coming elections. Hope it won't just be localised in Tampines.
Home ownership has lost it's meaning nowadays.

GMS, wishing you all the best in the coming elections.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Falling HDB prices = Rising CPF minimum sum?

New creative ways must be improvised if HDB flats prices starts falling...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey call u daft n ugly ...

dey dun even respect u ...

dey even insult ur intelligence ...

u want dem 2 go on doing tis? ... :confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dey call u daft n ugly ...

dey dun even respect u ...

dey even insult ur intelligence ...

u want dem 2 go on doing tis? ... :confused:

Sinkies are supposed to be treated this way.. i am going to enjoy this even more.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are supposed to be treated this way.. i am going to enjoy this even more.

Tonychat, Thai Gahmen treat u v well right. How come u still holding Sinkie PINK IC? Is it becos Thai Gahmen don't welcome foreign pimp like u? :confused:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Paper gain is not real until it is actualised. Similarly people buy HDB for homes not financial gain. If there is any asset appreciation it is an extra.

All the same KICK MAH BOW TAN OUT. HDB under him has gotten out of hand.

hi there

1. bro, one more: paper gain is an aspiration mah!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

We must all wish Mr Mah longevity and good health.

All of you can only come out with speculations .
But none of the ministers can come clean about .

The only and clean solutions is OUT they go .

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is the biggest joke, a serious one as well. I don't think it is appropriate for a person with a position like MM Lee should joke about this like that.

Mah BT is not the Prime Minister nor SM. To say that Singaporeans will have to sell of their flats because there will no longer be value is really an overstatement. Even if Mah BT lost, it doesn't mean the whole PAP lost as the ruling party. Even if PAP lost its power as the ruling party, HDB flats will not lose their value.

To tell Singaporeans to sell their flats with the government UNWILLING to provide rental flats is the biggest joke. Does he mean that Singaporeans should ALL EMIGRATE out of Singapore? Such joke is a serious one. It will affect foreign investors. How would the foreign investors view? PAP, the ruling party, is so fragile that losing a housing minister will shake all the confidence in our people? Should the foreigners sell out their private property investment as well as abandon their business here as well?

Well, I understand the PAP has to protect their ministers in some ways, most of the time throwing subtle threats to Singaporeans to warn them about "serious consequences" of voting them out. But I guess this little threat here is too serious a joke to be mentioned at all.

Goh Meng Seng
You have to read between the lines, he is talking about "[COLOR=_______]protest votes'[/COLOR]. Which means he (still) thinks people like PAP and every vote that goes to the oppos are simply 'protesting against the PAP' but not genuine to vote for oppos (as if). Old fart must be 'daft' to think he and his PAP is still popular with the voters. Old Fart still thinks any vote that goes to oppos are 'protest vote' and therefore he can make you suffer by making your HDB worthless.

This can be achieve by cutting essential services and poor or no maintenances of your estate. He can make your estate look like a dump and it was warned by GCT back in 1997 GE.