• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party: Ex SAF scholar joins Reform Party. Time to stop the Reform?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Reform Party: Ex SAF scholar joins Reform Party

Till today, the government does not put up a website of wanted Singaporeans because someone overseas might recognise them and publicise it.

Well spoken! Time Sinkies get disabused of the notion that PAP is all scholars without crooks.

Don't forget crooks like Phey yew kok whom they have conveniently want you to forget, Tan Kia Gan, Wee toon boon, teh cheang wan who were convicted.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Till today, the government does not put up a website of wanted Singaporeans because someone overseas might recognise them and publicise it.

Except target others like lawyers, doctors, cosmetic surgeons, etc. and use the TP brothel to put on front page.

If they as much as found that this guy took paper clips home from office, they sure will put it on front page of the Brothel Times.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal

Except target others like lawyers, doctors, cosmetic surgeons, etc. and use the TP brothel to put on front page.

If they as much as found that this guy took paper clips home from office, they sure will put it on front page of the Brothel Times.

making molehill into a mountain?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was at Fullerton when old man brought up Chiam's school results, failing to mention that that he had a BSC and an LLB from 1st world's universities and he began his career in the noble profession of teaching before becoming a lawyer. I looked around and the crowd was not moved.

Can you imagine how pathetic it is to dwell on someone's "O" level credits.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ahh yes I remember that occasion too..and old man was like praising MBT as a potential high office holder ( future ministar ) but MBT eventually had to enter parliament thru the back door GRC. Actually old man's remarks also grated on our neighbours...whose politicians and ministars may not even have had 7 O levels...old man has still not learnt his lessons till today!

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a quality guy based on his answers. On target and measured. More importantly I hope that he becomes a magnet for others of his calibre to step forward.

Wah, u very 'choon' hoh !

Today ST, the Tony tan wife, Ms Poa, an ex-Admin Civil Servant (last rank: deputy director) also 'magnetized' by hubby to joint Reform Party leow !

So far, everybody in Reform party I not prejudiced against, except their Chairman Edmund Ng
moz-screenshot-5.png
(buay song face party hopper)

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope more willl follow this couple's wonderful steps...then it will triggger an avalanche of talented people into the Oppo parties.

Even standing as an independent is better than be a PAP whore.

We must demolish the popular misconception that only the PAP can pull in good men and women.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't see our Oppositions winning any extra seats or PAP suffering any significant loss in future 2/3 elections unless

1)the election system is changed one day to a two-vote system of plurality winner + proportional representation
2)PAP suffer a split with a splinter party coming out to challenge PAP when LKY is gone.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't see our Oppositions winning any extra seats or PAP suffering any significant loss in future 2/3 elections unless

1)the election system is changed one day to a two-vote system of plurality winner + proportional representation
2)PAP suffer a split with a splinter party coming out to challenge PAP when LKY is gone.

PAP depends on the pull factor - past record, so-called talents, etc. The Opp need to cultivate the push factors - 'pushing' away from PAP. Arrogance, loss of touch with common man, insulated, HDB problems, job problems, overpay, cockups..

When the push>pull, votes will swing from PAP to Opp.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP depends on the pull factor - past record, so-called talents, etc. The Opp need to cultivate the push factors - 'pushing' away from PAP. Arrogance, loss of touch with common man, insulated, HDB problems, job problems, overpay, cockups..

When the push>pull, votes will swing from PAP to Opp.

chee bye moron don't act smart lah..:oIo:

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
can start a separate for hurling "regards" for each other?

Thread started liao...

Please feel free...

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
The film opens, introducing Captain Benjamin L. Willard (Martin Sheen); a deeply troubled, seasoned special operations veteran. It is 1969. Willard has returned to Saigon from deployment in the field. He drinks excessively and appears to be having difficulty adjusting to life in the rear-area. Two intelligence officers, Lt. General Corman (G. D. Spradlin) and Colonel Lucas (Harrison Ford), and a government man (Jerry Ziesmer) approach him with an assignment: journey up the fictional Nung River into the remote Cambodian jungle to find Colonel Walter E. Kurtz (Marlon Brando), a member of the US Army Special Forces feared to have gone rogue.

They tell Willard that Kurtz, once considered a model officer and future general, has gone insane and is commanding a legion of his own Montagnard troops deep inside the forest in neutral Cambodia. Their claims are supported by very disturbing radio broadcasts and recordings made by Kurtz himself. Willard is ordered to undertake a mission to find Kurtz and terminate the Colonel's command "with extreme prejudice."

Operation Apocalypse Now?

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: O Level Results

I was at Fullerton when old man brought up Chiam's school results, failing to mention that that he had a BSC and an LLB from 1st world's universities and he began his career in the noble profession of teaching before becoming a lawyer. I looked around and the crowd was not moved.

I am not proud of it, but my O level results was worst than his. I was one of the worst from my school. Those students who were not from our school, must have an aggregate of less than 12 to be admitted to Pre-U at our school in the 1970's. Through the Grace of God, and our Principal, Mr. Phillip Liau, who gave me and a few others an opportunity, because my 3 + 3 + 6 + 6 plus a 1 for ECA (at that time) totalled 19 which he allowed me to continue Pre-U. Fortunately, I managed to get a scholarship to university. After I graduated from university, at the professional exams in the True North, Strong and Free, I had straight one's.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

This is a quality guy based on his answers. On target and measured. More importantly I hope that he becomes a magnet for others of his calibre to step forward.

Yes, Scroobal. Tony is pretty media savvy in his approach of answering those questions. I was told that he first approach WP but later, don't know why, ended up in Reform Party. My source may be wrong because I have not checked with Tony yet.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

WP has lost 5 candidates and it still does not make the effort to recruit new talent?????

If Tony Tan went to RP because he failed to get into WP, it is WP's fault alone.

Mark my words, other parties will benefit from WP's inaction and lackdaisical attitude toward its own party renewal.

WP will fade into oblivion if it carries on like that.

Yes, Scroobal. Tony is pretty media savvy in his approach of answering those questions. I was told that he first approach WP but later, don't know why, ended up in Reform Party. My source may be wrong because I have not checked with Tony yet.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It's not a matter of how many scholarships he gets, but whether his heart is in the right place to serve the opposition and society.

That may make him a better man to be a politician than those who justify 'get-out-of-my-uncaring-face'.

However that does not imply the SAF Merit Scholarship is better than the SAF Overseas Scholarship.

Like i said, this is a plus for the Reform Party. I wish they will win in their Election attempt.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Going only by what the mainstream media says, one would think Chiam See Tong is a PSLE dropout who cannot speak proper English.