• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Art of winning football betting

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
But betting on live games makes the games more entertaining doesn't it?
And isn't having more entertainment the purpose of life? Even more so than making more money? :smile:

Entertainment is for some, while making money is for some. My priorities is very straightforward. I make the money & then take a month long vacation in Cyprus or Malta. That's my purpose in life.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although Oli9 says that betting through SG pools is for losers, I only bet through SG pools as it's not worth getting arrested for betting through illegal channels.
My only guideline is that the odds must be good. Even that anything can happen in football, it's not worth betting when the odds are very low, e.g. Arsenal losing to Hull City. Better to take a chance when the odds are higher.

In case u dont know it, Sg Pools odds are skewed. In fact, very skewed. Their handicap odds dont reflect the true odds. This result in decision-making very confusing. There's no Unders/Overs. There's no HT/FT odds. And for certain, no live betting.
Illegal channels like ladbrokes & Interwetten are not legal? Its legal in all parts of the world, excpet where countries eg Spore deemed it illegal. I would say its illegal for Sg Pools to block out competition!!!! Its silly as Sinkies can trade(aka gamble) in Foreign Currencies in non-sinkie trading platform yet its legal!!!!!
Anyway, i do not make any imposition on what i know. I rather one find out for yourselves where to hunt for best odds & deem for yourself if its legal or not. Its a very gray line.
And all the best.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing, why on earth Sinkies are betting so much into EPL, LaLiga & Serie A? They think they know best meh?
Cmon, there's life (and certainly more $$ to be made) in the English League 1, 2, Conference, Segunda & Serie B & C.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
want easy money, must do homework, patient and cannot be greedy. Just bet on SPools +1.5 odds, i know many out there complain can only earn 10-20 cents for every 1 dollar betted but it better returns than bank interests and share market.

Only bet on those 85% percent chances so that mean homework muz be good, check out other bookmakers odds. Look out for strange odds offer by oversea bookies. Dun bet on EPL/Primaliga/Seria A. Go for french and Dutch league if u prefer to bet on favourite. This two league normally put money take money if take Ajax or Lyon.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
want easy money, must do homework, patient and cannot be greedy. Just bet on SPools +1.5 odds, i know many out there complain can only earn 10-20 cents for every 1 dollar betted but it better returns than bank interests and share market.

Only bet on those 85% percent chances so that mean homework muz be good, check out other bookmakers odds. Look out for strange odds offer by oversea bookies. Dun bet on EPL/Primaliga/Seria A. Go for french and Dutch league if u prefer to bet on favourite. This two league normally put money take money if take Ajax or Lyon.

eerrr....I beg to differ. I dont think its wise to earn 10-20 cents & risk the $1. its like having a win small & lose big mentality.
Football betting is about risk, calculated risk. Youre right there about doing groundwork. I cannot emphasize more on this.

Another err....Ajax is in the doldrums. languering in the 10th position. Lyon may be top but their position is being threaten by the likes of marsailles & my surprise package money spinner, Toulouse!!!!

But is refreshing to know another brother's advice to avoid EPL, LaLiga & Serie A.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People make money by playing football, not betting on football.

Bet for fun, back your favorite team with a little wager when you think it has good chance, but betting to make serious money? I don't think so.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
People make money by playing football, not betting on football.

Bet for fun, back your favorite team with a little wager when you think it has good chance, but betting to make serious money? I don't think so.

*Snigger* You havent met the high rollers yet, buddy. No offense. Just like we've heard of full time traders, there's also full time punters.
The "fun" punters are those who put in $50-$100 per game. There's plenty of them around.
The "serious" ones are those who bet big against the tide.

My current fav teams now are St Martin, Tigre, Toulouse, St Truiden, Nancy, Bayern, Mainz, Sassualo & Rostov. I dont nescessarily have to know all the team details but they do give me a very high "investment" return.

Cheers

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, I know there's high rollers and even mid rollers around. Not me and not for me. I bet ocassionally $10 or $20 only.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
But is refreshing to know another brother's advice to avoid EPL, LaLiga & Serie A.

Just for info, since there are 2 kinds of punters. 1 is looking for fun entertainment who finds the thrills in predicting outcomes and results. The other is looking for pure investment and making money from football betting.

My info is purely for the latter. So betting the way I do is very very boring, no thrills and don't even need to study read team sheets.

For EPL, there is a statistic of 55% matches which go UNDER. This statistic is very consistent for seasons. Regardless of HOME or AWAY games. So no-need-to-think bets is just to bet on UNDER if you have a BANKROLL.

55% UNDER-45% OVER, 10% WIN difference
That makes it a 10% investment return. Minus water money, still can earn at least a 7% return in a season of EPL.

To sweeten the deal, don't need to bet every team. Just do up a study(which you have to do now) on each and every EPL team who has been in the top flight every season, and selectively choose those teams with a higher percentage of more than 55% UNDER or same as, and BET EVERY GAME UNDER. This one is sure. It's not an ART. And you could get a more than 10% investment return even after deducting water money.

That is why I always think, study team sheet, study odds, the returns must justify the time spent. If it doesn't, then don't study, just bet when the fixture comes.

My study is only on EPL. German, Spanish, French, Italian, I haven't had time to study and break down on their statistics yet.

My philosophy on football betting is like this. If I have decided to take this team, and I want to take UNDER, I will take UNDER all the way for 38 games, even though it could be a match involving Man Utd vs Fulham, where the score is expected to be big. Because statistics have shown, a person loses most when one day they bet outcome A, next day bet outcome B. So this way is one idiot's guide to losing less. When you lose less, you will win more. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eerrr....I beg to differ. I dont think its wise to earn 10-20 cents & risk the $1. its like having a win small & lose big mentality.
Football betting is about risk, calculated risk. Youre right there about doing groundwork. I cannot emphasize more on this.

This is for ppl who only bet in Spools. One of few ways to win Spools money. Another one is buy odd for the Sleague matches. High percentage of matches end in odds, especially Korean Reds.

Another err....Ajax is in the doldrums. languering in the 10th position. Lyon may be top but their position is being threaten by the likes of marsailles & my surprise package money spinner, Toulouse!!!!

I a bit outdated here. I no play since the begining of the season. kenna burnt jialat jialat. Now only see see look look as this season football siao siao results a lot. ie, Hamburg can top Bundesliega, i am shock.:eek:

All three leagues kelong. Prefer Championship, more honest. All want to get to the money league(BPL) so die die will try hard. Also more challenging as lack of info from local media.

The above are just my opinions, try at your own risk. There never a sure win, only higher chance of winning. Mighty Home United can also be beaten by Balestier at Bishan Stadium.:rolleyes:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro sleaguepunter,
ta ke,waiting for you to start a S-League's thread and give some of your tips.

there is always kelong in all leagues,it is just what is the percentage ?
always bet with what you can afford and do not loan to bet else you will be in deep-shit.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro sleaguepunter,
ta ke,waiting for you to start a S-League's thread and give some of your tips.

there is always kelong in all leagues,it is just what is the percentage ?
always bet with what you can afford and do not loan to bet else you will be in deep-shit.

Ass League is the worst kelong league in the world. What worst is that kelong is done by the "official sponsor", u guess it Singapore Pools.

As the official sponsor and only legal bookie for ASS League, there no way it will be clean football. From my observations, the "kelong" was not done by the players but the Men in Black. While referees are human and so prone to mistakes but cannot be so bad that the calls are one sided. One team can kenna chop down by opposition and the farker waved play on while a body nudged on a opponent can get yellow card.

So after kenna on the opposite end of many dubious calls, some players start to question the referee decisions. RED card for dissent while the opponent romp home to victory.

I also seen matches that was 1-2 at the 80th min end up 4-3 at FT. The farker added 8min to regulation time so that the home team can win.

So the idea of ASS League was go against the flow of the market, bet only at the last ten min as that the time the real market force come out. Every year, there will be match that the top team can lose at home to a bottom dewller despite going 10 matches without defeat.

This Ass League are not meant for ppl with a weak heart. As for tip, try buying a bit on Home United to win the Championship as they are value at $3.40. worth a fluffer.:cool:

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sfox,

U seem like expert on football betting.
For me, I only buy for fun some EPL matches I like to watch; just to make the game more exciting.

Would u mind to share some of your tips for some upcoming matches for benefit of the bros. here?

My study is only on EPL. German, Spanish, French, Italian, I haven't had time to study and break down on their statistics yet.

My philosophy on football betting is like this. If I have decided to take this team, and I want to take UNDER, I will take UNDER all the way for 38 games, even though it could be a match involving Man Utd vs Fulham, where the score is expected to be big. Because statistics have shown, a person loses most when one day they bet outcome A, next day bet outcome B. So this way is one idiot's guide to losing less. When you lose less, you will win more. :biggrin:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just for info, since there are 2 kinds of punters. 1 is looking for fun entertainment who finds the thrills in predicting outcomes and results. The other is looking for pure investment and making money from football betting.

My info is purely for the latter. So betting the way I do is very very boring, no thrills and don't even need to study read team sheets.

For EPL, there is a statistic of 55% matches which go UNDER. This statistic is very consistent for seasons. Regardless of HOME or AWAY games. So no-need-to-think bets is just to bet on UNDER if you have a BANKROLL.

55% UNDER-45% OVER, 10% WIN difference
That makes it a 10% investment return. Minus water money, still can earn at least a 7% return in a season of EPL.

To sweeten the deal, don't need to bet every team. Just do up a study(which you have to do now) on each and every EPL team who has been in the top flight every season, and selectively choose those teams with a higher percentage of more than 55% UNDER or same as, and BET EVERY GAME UNDER. This one is sure. It's not an ART. And you could get a more than 10% investment return even after deducting water money.

That is why I always think, study team sheet, study odds, the returns must justify the time spent. If it doesn't, then don't study, just bet when the fixture comes.

hahahah A brother after my own heart.
Im a OVERS/UNDERS punter.

My fav OVERS league is the Danish 1st & 2nd, Dutch 2nd Div, Eng Conference & the Mexican leagues. My avreage returns just by playing OVERS (incl running ball) tops 71% everytime. That means for every 10k i punt, the returns would be $17.1K

My fav UNDERS league is the Czech & Romanian league. Theyre absolutely crap at scoring.

My last week's average is pretty dismal. I only hit a 12.5% than my usual average of 26%. Without boasting, I have not lost a single week average since Mar this year. Maybe its just a blip. But Im on target to go for my well deserved 1 month break in greece.

Cheers

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Oli9,

It's nice to hear seasoned punter giving football betting advice here.
Any tips for Belarus v England?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Oli9,

It's nice to hear seasoned punter giving football betting advice here.
Any tips for Belarus v England?

Bro
I never bet on live games. Its a ritual Ive been following religiously.
With England's recent ressurection, I wont be surprise if England is giving 1.5 ball & yet, there'll be plenty of punters who'll wager on England.
I expect England's price will be short.

If u want my advice, avoid this game. There's plenty of games with better odds & value.

Alibaba

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahah A brother after my own heart.
Im a OVERS/UNDERS punter.

My fav OVERS league is the Danish 1st & 2nd, Dutch 2nd Div, Eng Conference & the Mexican leagues. My avreage returns just by playing OVERS (incl running ball) tops 71% everytime. That means for every 10k i punt, the returns would be $17.1K

My fav UNDERS league is the Czech & Romanian league. Theyre absolutely crap at scoring.

My last week's average is pretty dismal. I only hit a 12.5% than my usual average of 26%. Without boasting, I have not lost a single week average since Mar this year. Maybe its just a blip. But Im on target to go for my well deserved 1 month break in greece.

Cheers

I understand to make monies in any gambling form, discipline is very important. Like what brother silverfox mentioned.

As for your betting, do you bet on every game?

Reading through the advice here is very important especially from the winning pros. I lost a lot in gambling, simply becos i got no discipline.

To win money we really need to take out the excitement and fun. Else we sure lost.

In a game match, is either you bet win lose or draw. either 1 give you 33%. Bet odd/even is 50%. But whey you 'Sway' the result always go opposite and burnt a big hole in your pocket.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand to make monies in any gambling form, discipline is very important. Like what brother silverfox mentioned.

As for your betting, do you bet on every game?

Reading through the advice here is very important especially from the winning pros. I lost a lot in gambling, simply becos i got no discipline.

To win money we really need to take out the excitement and fun. Else we sure lost.

In a game match, is either you bet win lose or draw. either 1 give you 33%. Bet odd/even is 50%. But whey you 'Sway' the result always go opposite and burnt a big hole in your pocket.

Hi Alibaba

No. I only bet on games when my % of winning is above 75% or else I'll stay away. Even so, those games which i analyse may swing against but its very rare. About once in every 15 games or so.

And i do agree with u. Fun is fun, winning money is winning money. We cant mix both as when the emotions get above our heart, we tend to bet with our heart. That's why i put it strictly during games week, i never wager any money on the teams i support. Tat rules out Liverpool & barca games. I never bet for fun as every of my single dollar is pitted against the big time bookies.
To me, winning money comes first as i can enjoy my "fruits" later. Its like work from Mon-Fri & look forward to the weekend.

If you want a tipper from me, look at the 2nd tier leagues. Its very predictable & can translate your risk into winnings.

Cheers

Alibaba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Alibaba

No. I only bet on games when my % of winning is above 75% or else I'll stay away. Even so, those games which i analyse may swing against but its very rare. About once in every 15 games or so.

And i do agree with u. Fun is fun, winning money is winning money. We cant mix both as when the emotions get above our heart, we tend to bet with our heart. That's why i put it strictly during games week, i never wager any money on the teams i support. Tat rules out Liverpool & barca games. I never bet for fun as every of my single dollar is pitted against the big time bookies.
To me, winning money comes first as i can enjoy my "fruits" later. Its like work from Mon-Fri & look forward to the weekend.

If you want a tipper from me, look at the 2nd tier leagues. Its very predictable & can translate your risk into winnings.

Cheers

I am a Liverpool supporter. I already dont place bet on them. Emotions make us lose more. The odds are very low when you bet on them. Watching the match will be more ideal.

Oh, that means you dont go for every match. Just asking for Dutch 2nd Division, which team you usually bet over?

I monitor Korean K3 league, the scoring is almost every match over. Maybe you can look into this and enlightened us.

As for Silverfox Brother, he bet under all the way but my mentality cannot accept that, thus still looking for over.

After losing from 2007 till now, I restrict myself to gamble for fun. I am into this section to learn from pros here to re-start from scratch as a kind of investment method.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a Liverpool supporter. I already dont place bet on them. Emotions make us lose more. The odds are very low when you bet on them. Watching the match will be more ideal.

After losing from 2007 till now, I restrict myself to gamble for fun. I am into this section to learn from pros here to re-start from scratch as a kind of investment method.

bro,u have the same thought,i also do not bet on Liverpool's matches except those cup's matches.
nowaday,i also bet a little 10-50 only,so that watching those LIVE matches will be more exciting,thrilling and fun.

always bet within your limits/means,only with your extras and what you can afford to lose without feeling too much misery and make your daily living an hell of a time or miserable.