• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SinkPost sink to new lows by vandalizing

R

redlightmeansgo

I can tell you have little dealings with how govt and quasi govt agencies work. .. agencies ultimately have very little say my friend

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can tell you have little dealings with how govt and quasi govt agencies work. .. agencies ultimately have very little say my friend

That may be true, but scholars still don't bother with this kind of thing. Especially in this case when there are no scholars in SingPost. What makes you think a scholar was involved? Or are you just using this as an excuse to go another uneducated and unnecessary rant against scholars?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How is this at all negative? SingPost did nothing illegal. The worst thing you can accuse it of doing is being unclear and causing a misunderstanding. In fact the whole thing is being portrayed by the papers as a misunderstanding.

The fact that it is being discused in this forum shows how negative the stunt is seen. :biggrin:

The ultimate responsibility lies with Singpost. Someone at Singpost must have given consent for the "stunt". It reflects badly on the corporation when the people they hire screw up.

It really shouldn't be a surprise to Sporean. We see so many cockups going on in gov't so why not in GLCs :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to disagree bro. Publicity is huge and unexpected no doubt but it falls in the negative space and its a huge dent on someone's career in Singpost. It shows the following

1) Lack of talent and creativity in creating a positive experience
2) Lack of foresight resulting in unnecessary public resources deployed such as the Police Force - essentially callous and irresponsible

Advertising agencies will always claim that any publicity is good publicity as they want to collect their billings and find some cover.

For all intents and purposes, this PR stunt has been a massive success - including these newspaper reports and complaints. Now everyone knows about this thing, and SingPost is getting free publicity and it's not even in a very bad light. I, for example, didn't know about this stunt till I read those articles. And all they needed to do to get everyone's attention is to spray paint just SIX post boxes. What I call value for money :biggrin:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that it is being discused in this forum shows how negative the stunt is seen. :biggrin:

The ultimate responsibility lies with Singpost. Someone at Singpost must have given consent for the "stunt". It reflects badly on the corporation when the people they hire screw up.

It really shouldn't be a surprise to Sporean. We see so many cockups going on in gov't so why not in GLCs :rolleyes:

Forums are a joke of a sample. You people here are mostly a bunch of jokers who are just lurking around looking for opportunities to bash the government and talk big. So tell me, in what way did SingPost screw up?

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to disagree bro. Publicity is huge and unexpected no doubt but it falls in the negative space and its a huge dent on someone's career in Singpost. It shows the following

1) Lack of talent and creativity in creating a positive experience
2) Lack of foresight resulting in unnecessary public resources deployed such as the Police Force - essentially callous and irresponsible

Advertising agencies will always claim that any publicity is good publicity as they want to collect their billings and find some cover.

1) Whether or not the advertising is brilliant is a separate matter from whether or not it was negative publicity. The supposed negative publicity stems from the cock-up with the police, as in your 2nd point
2) There was no lack of foresight at all. In fact, some foresight was there - someone in SingPost anticipated that some good citizen might mistake it for vandalism and call in the police. SingPost's cockup was not following through completely with the police about the matter, not providing the full picture and therefore not getting a complete and accurate approval from the police.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just described the cock-up well.

1) Whether or not the advertising is brilliant is a separate matter from whether or not it was negative publicity. The supposed negative publicity stems from the cock-up with the police, as in your 2nd point
2) There was no lack of foresight at all. In fact, some foresight was there - someone in SingPost anticipated that some good citizen might mistake it for vandalism and call in the police. SingPost's cockup was not following through completely with the police about the matter, not providing the full picture and therefore not getting a complete and accurate approval from the police.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

From which report did you glean the information that "someone in SingPost had anticipated that some good citizens might mistake it for vandalism and call in the police"? Good foresight indeed I agree. Then again which article or report? Maybe this?.........................

SingPost says sorry for vandalism stunt

BY JOY FANG

POSTAL company Singapore Post apologised yesterday for its publicity campaign that involved a masked man openly defacing six post boxes over the New Year weekend.

The "vandalism spree" had sparked a furore among Singaporeans - initially surrounding the blatant vandalism and, after it was revealed to be a publicity stunt, the wrong message being sent.

Police, who were called in to investigate, said on Tuesday that this had "caused unnecessary public alarm and wasted valuable resources".

Yesterday, Mr Wilson Tan, SingPost's group chief executive officer, said: "We would really like to sincerely apologise for the undue alarm and inconveniences caused to all parties.

"Certainly, that was not the desire and aim. Our focus is to go out and be part of communicating and connecting with the community."

He lauded public-spiritedness here as being "very much active and alive".

The campaign had been meant to promote a post-box art competition called Stamp 2, a sequel to a similar event in 2007.

This in turn had been meant to publicise SingPost's role as the official postal-service sponsor for this August's Youth Olympic Games (YOG) here.

SingPost will provide local and overseas delivery of YOG tickets and sell official YOG merchandise via selected post offices and its online portal, vPost.

Called Express Yourself, the campaign had been meant to spark greater awareness of creativity and self-expression, in line with the message behind arts and sports events like the YOG, said SingPost's vice-president of marketing, Mr Steve Ng.

It was meant to work by "viral marketing" - where awareness is raised via videos, messages or images being sent in a self-replicating "viral" process.

Mr Ng said: "We thought that this would be a more innovative and out-of-the-box kind of pre-launch campaign." SingPost could have done better by working more closely with the media and the police, he added.

Late last month, SingPost told the police that it would hold a campaign involving street art being painted on its post boxes, and gave a list of locations and times, but did not give any specific details about the execution, he said.

Its event-communications agency, A Group of People, had asked the police if it needed to apply for a public-entertainment licence, but was told this was not necessary, as the post boxes belonged to SingPost, he added. Ms Tay Poh Choo, vice-president of SingPost's corporate communications and service excellence, clarified that it had not made any police reports about the post boxes being vandalised.

In a New Paper report, its spokesman said that it had made police reports, but she had meant that SingPost had informed the police in advance about its campaign, Ms Tay said.

On Tuesday, the police said they would take the matter up with SingPost. Mr Ng said that SingPost would definitely co-operate with the police.

Mr Derek Kang, a partner in the litigation department of law firm Rodyk and Davidson LLP, said that although the mailboxes belonged to SingPost, it could be deemed to have committed an offence of mischief, if it had vandalised the boxes knowing that this would lead to wrongful loss or damage to another party.

But, in this case, no crime was committed as no loss was caused to another party, he said.

Still, in theory, the police could take up a civil suit against SingPost if they could prove that its actions had caused loss to the police in terms of wasted resources, he said.

The plan was for 10 post boxes to be covered in graffiti, but SingPost stopped at six after the wave of negative reactions, Ms Tay said. She added: "We were also concerned for the safety of our graffiti artist."

The six affected post boxes will be repainted by local artists over the next week.

Over three weekends in March, the top 40 designs submitted to Stamp 2 will be painted onto 40 post boxes - including three of the "vandalised" mailboxes - near YOG venues.

Student Nur Sherillin, 19, said: "Designs would make mailboxes look better. This competition can encourage youngsters who are keen on designing."

But traditional methods, like newspaper advertising or school- outreach programmes, should have been used instead of the controversial gimmick, she said.

[email protected]

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why else would they inform the police? I see two possible reasons

1) So the graphic artist won't kena arrested when someone calls the police
2) So that when someone calls the police the police can explain that it's a PR stunt

Like the article said, the postboxes belong to SingPost, they have no reason to call the Police otherwise.

R

redlightmeansgo

That may be true, but scholars still don't bother with this kind of thing. Especially in this case when there are no scholars in SingPost. What makes you think a scholar was involved? Or are you just using this as an excuse to go another uneducated and unnecessary rant against scholars?

uneducated rant? You're scholar yourself? Having spent more years and wasted tax payers' money doesn't make anyone smarter.

I am assuming that some scholar installed to a high ranking position was responsible for the bad idea. Read my lips, I'm NOT looking for an excuse, I don't have to. In my time, I have had a jolly good time running scholars to the ground :biggrin:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
uneducated rant? You're scholar yourself? Having spent more years and wasted tax payers' money doesn't make anyone smarter.

I am assuming that some scholar installed to a high ranking position was responsible for the bad idea. Read my lips, I'm NOT looking for an excuse, I don't have to. In my time, I have had a jolly good time running scholars to the ground :biggrin:

Tsk tsk, NOT wasting tax payers money doesn't make you smarter, but you seem to think you are. LOL. At least some people have been deemed more deserving of tax payers' money than you, but you shamelessly think you could have done a better job than them and are in a position to criticize hiding behind a keyboard. Joke of the CENTURY. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forums are a joke of a sample. You people here are mostly a bunch of jokers who are just lurking around looking for opportunities to bash the government and talk big. So tell me, in what way did SingPost screw up?

Unlike the gov't CONTROLLED media, forumers here can actually post what they think of our leaders, the pap, the cockups,... The opinions they express are uncensored.

I'm sure there are even people from the gov't monitoring this forum. They are here to provide the PAP's version of the truth :biggrin:

If you find the opinions of your fellow Sporeans disturbing you can always leave & stick to the official propaganda. No one is forcing anyone here to stay. :rolleyes:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlike the gov't CONTROLLED media, forumers here can actually post what they think of our leaders, the pap, the cockups,... The opinions they express are uncensored.

I'm sure there are even people from the gov't monitoring this forum. They are here to provide the PAP's version of the truth :biggrin:

If you find the opinions of your fellow Sporeans disturbing you can always leave & stick to the official propaganda. No one is forcing anyone here to stay. :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that this place is uncensored. As a result most people who actually want to come here already have an axe to grind so you think this is an objective sample? And you think this is a good sample size? Please la. Use your brain abit can, if you have one

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why else would they inform the police? I see two possible reasons

1) So the graphic artist won't kena arrested when someone calls the police
2) So that when someone calls the police the police can explain that it's a PR stunt

Like the article said, the postboxes belong to SingPost, they have no reason to call the Police otherwise.

Speculation and conjecture. Aren't those you had pooh pooh the forum members for?:cool:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speculation and conjecture. Aren't those you had pooh pooh the forum members for?:cool:

When I do speculation and conjecture I actually STATE that I am speculating "I see two possible reasons". Not like some dumb losers here who dunno they're so dumb and yet go talk big like what they say are cold hard facts :biggrin:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I do speculation and conjecture I actually STATE that I am speculating "I see two possible reasons". Not like some dumb losers here who dunno they're so dumb and yet go talk big like what they say are cold hard facts :biggrin:

I won't argue further with you on that. It will serve no purpose as I am already seeing and hearing the smoke and explosions down the road where you are heading in this forum. I will copy and post this when you had arrived.:p

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why someone target Sing Post?
1. Moron/crazy
2. Consumer anger with singpost due to undeliver mail or received mail in bad condition.
3. Ex employee revenge due to termination/low pay/...........
4. Due to employ too many FT.......

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even peasants vandalising lose to FT. The MRT graffiti looks nice but these Post Box looks like....