• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SinkPost sink to new lows by vandalizing

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defaced mailboxes: Sorry for causing alarm and inconvenience, says SingPost

mailbox_vandal_is_pr_stunt_what_a_stupid_move-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Zomg is disturbed by what companies consider as publicity nowadays, referring to the recent rash of defaced mailboxes that are apparently part of SingPost's efforts to reach out to the youth.

Mailboxes at Holland Village, Bukit Batok and Ang Mo Kio have been vandalised by a masked man who signed off as 'Mr Ink'.

In his email, the STOMPer wrote:

"What are companies thinking these days, in the name of cheap publicity?

"Vandalism or graffiti is an anti-social act in many countries; this is telling our youth that this unsavoury activity is ok and 'cool'.

"How can a national institution like SingPost associate itself with an unlawful act that is punishable by caning here in Singapore?

"Now even the police are involved.

"SingPost and the PR company, whichever it is, have really gone overboard this time!"

On the subject of the campaign and its reception, a SingPost spokesperson had the following comments:

"The recent street art activity is a lead-up to the STAMP 02 posting box art competition which is part of our youth-themed campaign entitled “Express Yourself”. It was conceived as part of a viral marketing initiative to create greater awareness and buzz on self-expression through art and sports.

"Over the next week, local artists will repaint these 6 mailboxes, to showcase and reflect what STAMP 02 is really all about. We are offering 40 of our posting boxes as ‘special canvas’ for this art competition with the theme SPORTS & THE CITY.

"We would like to apologise for the undue alarm and inconveniences caused to all parties. SingPost would like to thank the public for their interest, concern and public spiritedness."

po-data.jpg

first_holland_v_now_bt_batok-thumbnail.jpg

vandal1-data.jpg

>>SinkPost shud just focus on making deliveries without spoilage la! KNN... come out so many stunts! :oIo:<<

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SingPost: Postmen told to ensure mail reaches destination dry

singpost_postmen_informed_to_ensure_mail-thumbnail.jpg

SingPost has informed their postmen to be extra careful with mail on rainy days, to ensure that they reach their destination in good condition.

STOMPer George had earlier said that he had been receiving wet letters in the mail, and hoped that SingPost would do something about it.
He had been especially frustrated since his earlier complaints had gone unanswered.

Said a SingPost spokesperson, in an official reply:

"We refer to the feedback by STOMPer George in “So annoying! I keep getting wet letters" (posted Dec 28, 2009). We have since contacted STOMPer George.

"We regret to learn that STOMPer George’s letters were wet when he received them. We wish to assure all STOMPers including STOMPer George that SingPost takes its mail delivery service seriously.

"Our postmen will take precautionary measures such as covering the mail items on rainy days when delivering them to landed property units. We have since reminded our postmen to be more careful in their delivery especially on rainy days."

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/298034/data/091228wet2-data.jpg

>>Cooleo says: SinkPost can't even deliver letters properly, still do BO LIAO stunts like vandalize mailboxes :rolleyes:<<

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mail damaged, yet no apology from SingPost

mail_damaged_yet_no_apology_from_singpost-thumbnail.jpg

A STOMPer received her mail crumpled and torn, and says SingPost should have apologised for it.

In an email to STOMP today (Dec 7), the STOMPer says:

“To my surprise, I received this crumpled and torn invoice in my mail.

“I receive invoices every month from the same supplier and this is the first time I encountered such an incident.

“I’m so disappointed with SingPost. There isn’t any word of apology mentioned in the letter they sent to me. This is just basic courtesy.

“In the service line, it is very important to provide customer satisfaction.”

d333333-data.jpg

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work of the angry FT postman....

SingPost: Postmen reminded to be careful with packages

singpost_postmen_reminded_to_be_careful-thumbnail.jpg

Following STOMPer Gary's complaint about items arriving damaged in his mailbox, SingPost has reminded their postmen to be more careful when handling parcels.

In an earlier article, STOMPer Gary had complained that two of his long-awaited iPhone cases had arrived cracked, apparently because the parcel had been forced into his mailbox by the postman.

A separate incident also saw the STOMPer struggling to free a large package jammed inside his mailbox for 10 minutes. Fortunately there had been no damage to the documents contained inside.

A spokesperson for SingPost told STOMP:

"We refer to feedback from STOMPer Gary in the article "Postman forced parcel into mailbox and cracked my iPhone cases" (posted Dec 25, 2009). We have since investigated and contacted STOMPer Gary. We thank him for his understanding

"We assure all STOMPers that SingPost does its utmost to preserve the quality of more than 2.8 million items it handles every day. However, mail items could get damaged in the process of posting, processing or delivery; and this is especially so if they are not packed properly.

"We would like to advise customers to pack their items properly including protecting the more fragile or special items with hardboards to prevent bending of the envelopes.

"Besides proper packaging, customers may wish to consider using the registered article service as the mail item will be delivered to the doorstep. Meanwhile, we have reminded all postmen to be more careful in their deliveries."

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police is hot on trail of serial mailbox vandal

police_investigates_mailbox_vandalism-thumbnail.jpg

Following a spate of mailbox vandalism cases, STOMPer Leong Weng Luk is happy that the police are looking into the case, here at the Ang Mo Kio MRT station.

There has been a number of vandalised mailboxes reported over the New Year weekend by STOMPers: first in Holland Village, then in Bukit Batok and now in Ang Mo Kio.

In the STOMPer's email:

"The police is investigating the mailbox vandalism act!

"I saw a group of policeman talking to a member of the public who apparently tip-off the police about the vandalism act on the Ang Mo Kio Singpost mailbox.

"The mailbox located at AMK MRT Station was badly vandalized with graffiti.

"I think we can now rest assured that the matter is in the hands of the man in blue."

mbox4-data.jpg

Cooleo says: KNN...activated so many poodles and wasted tax payers' money!

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why be a kay-po? if some one saw the 'vandal' and hamtang him, later found out that this is just the show of marketing from singpost, kay-po may face fine, jail and caning. next time, don't fcuk care. :mad:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had noticed for many years, I think since 2005 that the posting box outside Krata Ayer NPP Speakers Corner Hong Lim Park was already in this kind of doodle style.:smile:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
If is is true that it was a publicity stunt, Singpost should be ticked off and fined heavily for acting so irresponsibly. They cannot shrugged it off as that of the idea of their publicity contractors or vendors.

Imagine so many policemen are involved - a great waste of resources and time better spent at tracking down the Ah Nehs molesters of Siloso Beach. Now we understand how many Sporeans are unwilling to act when faced with such vandals - everybody will not have second thoughts - including those who walked past the vandals as shown in the picture.

Singpost has undone all the good work of the man-in-blue.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now we understand how many Sporeans are unwilling to act when faced with such vandals - everybody will not have second thoughts - including those who walked past the vandals as shown in the picture.

Companies like Singpost are monopolies so one wonders why they even bother advertising their service/products :confused:

I remember when mail boxes were conveniently located at MRT stations. Nowadays if there is a mail box you have to play hide & seek to find one.

They even have mail boxes located on a trial basis in some locations. :eek:
These mail boxes will be moved if there is not sufficient use. Why would someone bother trying to find these temporary mailboxes if these mailboxes may disapper ?

I think the Spore system has too many scholars looking for their next bonus :rolleyes:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
If is is true that it was a publicity stunt, Singpost should be ticked off and fined heavily for acting so irresponsibly. They cannot shrugged it off as that of the idea of their publicity contractors or vendors.

Well whoever who approved of it should be fired and the ones who came up with the idea should likewise be arrested for vandalism with the mandatory canning.

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Vandalism or graffiti is an anti-social act in many countries; this is telling our youth that this unsavoury activity is ok and 'cool'.

"How can a national institution like SingPost associate itself with an unlawful act that is punishable by caning here in Singapore?

The message for the youths is not that this unsavoury activity is "ok" and 'cool'
The real message here is a clear recurring motif of the Papies, more or less it's saying: "that it's OK for us to do it but not you!":o

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
For all intents and purposes, this PR stunt has been a massive success - including these newspaper reports and complaints. Now everyone knows about this thing, and SingPost is getting free publicity and it's not even in a very bad light. I, for example, didn't know about this stunt till I read those articles. And all they needed to do to get everyone's attention is to spray paint just SIX post boxes. What I call value for money :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all intents and purposes, this PR stunt has been a massive success - ...

The stunt has definitely brought "negative" attention.
You can get as much attention by hiring people to streaking naked on Orchard Rd.

Most corporations want to portray a positive image & in my opinion Singpost has not succeeded by this stunt :rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can get as much attention by hiring people to streaking naked on Orchard Rd.

Most corporations want to portray a positive image & in my opinion Singpost has not succeeded by this stunt :rolleyes:

V easy to generate negative publicity one leh. Ask Ho Jinx do pole dance in middle of Orchard Road lor. No need to waste money to buy paint!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
V easy to generate negative publicity one leh. Ask Ho Jinx do pole dance in middle of Orchard Road lor. No need to waste money to buy paint!

I suggest she do that in front of the Istana :smile:

Orchard Rd has too many "me too" shopping malls. It needs more novel attractions. Maybe have a public canning or two :smile:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is this at all negative? SingPost did nothing illegal. The worst thing you can accuse it of doing is being unclear and causing a misunderstanding. In fact the whole thing is being portrayed by the papers as a misunderstanding.

R

redlightmeansgo

hahaha some scholar's bright idea seems to have backfired big time. Farker probably studied overseas, saw the proliferation of graffiti art and wanted to incorporate it into his portfolio, make things cool.

Wake up lah, i can't even scrawl a naked woman in a public toilet here without the fear of getting caught! :oIo:

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha some scholar's bright idea seems to have backfired big time. Farker probably studied overseas, saw the proliferation of graffiti art and wanted to incorporate it into his portfolio, make things cool.

Wake up lah, i can't even scrawl a naked woman in a public toilet here without the fear of getting caught! :oIo:

Scholars don't bother with this kind of thing. Like the newspaper said it was outsourced to an ad agency