• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feedback on Political Folder - Moving Threads

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks

Any comments or feedback on moving political threads to the Political Folder and using that folder for new political thread and postings. Currently its has been languishing with politics of foreign countries due to previous spamming.

The idea is to create a critical mass with good quality discussion (not purely highbrow) with anonymity and done without fear. The veterans would recall that many items made it to print when it was revealed in the old SBF. An excellent opportunity to get more accurate or at least contrarian ground readings.

I find it odd that YPAP facebook is now the defacto forum for serious political discussion. Thats like a dedicated forum set up by a new age church and people are debating on other religions and existence of god etc.

I am even astonished that people are debating on Nick Lazarus's comment about opposition being redundant. Anyone who has a decent reading of Singapore Politics would by now know that the PAP has been trying to distance themselves from Nick for the last 15 years. ( yes, it was the same Nick that removed from PAP website forum some 15 years ago for some unremarkable comments whilst a Mod/Admin. They have been even been roundabout suggestions to him to form an alternative political party. I can assure you that entire PAP CEC and close to 99% of PAP members with a borderline IQ will know that an opposition has to be present even if it is very weak one. The PAP is not silly. Yet we have dickheads who actually debate on such superflous topics. I am sure if someone suggested that water is redundant, there will be people who will contribute.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can create this kind of good content, I will read. I don't even read states times now. I need something to read.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Scroobal,

I totally agree. Initially when this forum was born, members were doing so. But when all the flamings started, the political folder was turned into a cesspool. This is right time to restore the political folder to where it was before. So discussions like Chiam's 25 yr celebration, 50 reasons not to vote for PAP and the likes, should be moved to the political folder. However it will be tricky for semi-political discussions where social issues are interwoven with political comments. For instance, MM Lee's remarks abt HDB prices and how public housing was used to buy votes in the 50s, it can go to both folders, so the ambiguity is there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, when I look at the old SBF political, it was a rich vein of discussions with some colourful character with some great analysis.

Yeah, you are right, have to be mindful of those that are in between. I also remember that old SBF coffeeshop folder had a lot more variety on other things that are of general interest. I suspect that people are moving away to other forums when they see political thread emerging in the general folder. Just speculating but hope that we see good stuff on both folders soon.

Hi Scroobal,

I totally agree. Initially when this forum was born, members were doing so. But when all the flamings started, the political folder was turned into a cesspool. This is right time to restore the political folder to where it was before. So discussions like Chiam's 25 yr celebration, 50 reasons not to vote for PAP and the likes, should be moved to the political folder. However it will be tricky for semi-political discussions where social issues are interwoven with political comments. For instance, MM Lee's remarks abt HDB prices and how public housing was used to buy votes in the 50s, it can go to both folders, so the ambiguity is there.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate thanks for doing this. I think its starting to get a bit better. LeeTahbar's thread seem to be lesser now and soliciting lesser responses. I wonder if its too much if you can do something similar to the emigration folder. You know who I'm referring to. I suppose its a bit quiet now because everyone are enjoying their holidays.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks

Any comments or feedback on moving political threads to the Political Folder and using that folder for new political thread and postings. Currently its has been languishing with politics of foreign countries due to previous spamming.

Dear Scroobal,

And it is about time too!

I will be doing so from now on.

This forum is so much better now, thanks for your effort.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks for the support Bro. I know what you mean about the Emigration Folder and the resident redneck that has been spamming with his clones. Another folder that has seen better days.

Let me try and clean up this folder before trying the other.

ps. you are right about the holidays.

Mate thanks for doing this. I think its starting to get a bit better. LeeTahbar's thread seem to be lesser now and soliciting lesser responses. I wonder if its too much if you can do something similar to the emigration folder. You know who I'm referring to. I suppose its a bit quiet now because everyone are enjoying their holidays.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great Stuff bro, I see you have already begun the journey. Will be right behind you and thanks for the support.

Dear Scroobal,

And it is about time too!

I will be doing so from now on.

This forum is so much better now, thanks for your effort.

jw5

Loyal
Thanks, when I look at the old SBF political, it was a rich vein of discussions with some colourful character with some great analysis.

Yeah, you are right, have to be mindful of those that are in between. I also remember that old SBF coffeeshop folder had a lot more variety on other things that are of general interest. I suspect that people are moving away to other forums when they see political thread emerging in the general folder. Just speculating but hope that we see good stuff on both folders soon.
I used to enjoy reading the thoughts and actions of fellow forummers, rather than what they extracted from the newspapers or their senseless tirades about others.
Of course, it was also great reading lines like "She'll suck you dry", but that was way back 10 years ago. :smile: