• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

microsoft black screen of death

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had it too, it was working fine, then i when i shut down my xp3, it install some updates, next time i switch on my system, all i see is black screen after the xp windows picture.

it does not affect just windows 7, probably all microsoft computer have potential to have this black screen of death.

their damn updates.

Windows 7 faces 'screen of death'
Microsoft has confirmed that it is investigating a problem described as the "black screen of death", which affects its latest operating system.

The error means that users of Windows 7 see a totally black screen after logging on to the system.

The firm said it was looking into reports that suggest its latest security update, released on Tuesday 25 November, cause the problem.

Reports suggest the problem also affects Vista, XP and other systems.

Software firm Prevx, which has issued a fix for the problem, says "millions" of people may be affected.

"Users have resorted to reloading Windows as a last ditch effort to fix the problem," the firm's David Kennerley wrote in a blog post.

"We hope we can help a good many of you avoid the need to reload."

Unknown problem

The firm said its fix did not work in all cases.

"There can be many causes," said Mr Kennerley.

"But if your black screen woes began in the last two weeks after a Windows update or after running any security program (including Prevx) to remove malware during this time then this fix will have a high probability of working."

Mr Kennerly said the firm had identified "at least 10 different scenarios which will trigger the same black screen conditions".

"These appear to have been around for years now," he said.

The firm reports that the problem affects editions of Windows 7, Vista, XP, NT, and Windows 2000.

Microsoft said that people who are affected by the problem should contact its customer service line.

A spokesperson said that the reports did "not match any known issues" documented by the firm.

It has not issued a fix for the problem, which causes the desktop, task bar, system tray and side bar to disappear, according to reports.

The "black screen of death" moniker is a play on the "blue screen of death", which appears when Microsoft operating systems crash.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.prevx.com/blog/140/Black-Screen-woes-could-affect-millions-on-Windows--Vista-and-XP.html

i dun think it will work for me, because i cannot even see anything after i press alt ctrl del.

my suggestion is to remove auto updating in all version of xp, vista and win 7.
choose the configure Automatic Updates to notify you before you download or install updates option

if you do not do as i advice now, one day, microsoft will update some patches, and you will not be able to use your computer. all you see is black screen.

no one can help you, microsoft engineer will say, they never heard of such problem, even it happen for years.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey dun even noe wat causes ze prob ... lidat mite as well dun d/l or update anyting ...

tink dat moni collector wil cum in n tel u 2 use a mc ...

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal

2i89npt.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you set microsoft autoupdating, microsoft will mess up the computer for you, no virus needed.

If you choose to use windows you have to be very cautious

I'm still using XP & don't have auto update turned-on. However still face problems from 3rd party programs

Recently forced to update my anti-virus SW. The company AVG is stopping support for the old version. which was working fine Don't like the new version because it interferes with my other programs.

I'll have to check out other anti-virus SW, but its a bother. :(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you choose to use windows you have to be very cautious

I'm still using XP & don't have auto update turned-on. However still face problems from 3rd party programs

Recently forced to update my anti-virus SW. The company AVG is stopping support for the old version. which was working fine Don't like the new version because it interferes with my other programs.

I'll have to check out other anti-virus SW, but its a bother. :(

So far, MS autoupdate had not given any problems for me, up to Windows 7. It is usually the third party programs, the extremely old ones or those who have 'axes to grind' with Microsoft, and does not share some coding with them, are the main culprits for the BSOD.

Lately..it was some ADOBE programs that crashes Windows or hang...for a long time, it was Sun JAVA...the list goes on.

But on the whole, the BSOD do occur, but only if the computer have some programs or hardware or...what ever, that needs updating or upgrading...

what to do?..psst what happned to good old sammy..with his "buy a MAc, don;t look back"? ha ha ha ha

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linux = too good to be missed.

Don't waste precious time and risk blood pressure (stroke) with MS craps :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam maybe laughing too much to even post a reply to get a Mac. :wink:

Give BSD,Linux,OSX a try, even the Chromium OS would be pretty interesting.

what to do?..psst what happned to good old sammy..with his "buy a MAc, don;t look back"? ha ha ha ha

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linux = too good to be missed.

Don't waste precious time and risk blood pressure (stroke) with MS craps :biggrin:

cb kia stop thinking if your fucking dick head just like your pap. if linux is really that gd, everyone would have switch to it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the extremely old ones or those who have 'axes to grind' with Microsoft, and does not share some coding with them, are the main culprits for the BSOD.

Lately..it was some ADOBE programs that crashes Windows or hang...for a long time, it was Sun JAVA...the list goes on.

MS behaves like the PAP , the bully of the PC market. :smile:

Much of windows inner workings are kept secret from their competition to give MS products an unfair advantage.

Well known that people aren't updating from XP, maybe it's a MS conspiracy to convince people to update their OS :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cb kia stop thinking if your fucking dick head just like your pap. if linux is really that gd, everyone would have switch to it.

Linux is good, I have tried it for a while, in fact was in the Linux discussion thread some years back.

The whole trouble is the whole world is using MS, if you are using Linux for programming, or as a hobby; that is ok.

:biggrin:

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a whole world of computer idiots especially you.

Dare to talkcock about things that you have completely no idea.:oIo:

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Linux is good, I have tried it for a while, in fact was in the Linux discussion thread some years back.

The whole trouble is the whole world is using MS, if you are using Linux for programming, or as a hobby; that is ok.

Linux users need not give a damn about other non-Linux users.

It is more compatible than MS, because Linux can do what MS do, but not the other way. Entire internet is made of Linux not MS. MS will be phased out as the ONLY final outcome.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

i'm not saying linux is no gd. its only u use what suits u most.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a whole world of computer idiots especially you.

Dare to talkcock about things that you have completely no idea.:oIo:

cb kia if u tink linux is what u need, use it. y come talk cock how gd it is and how bad others are.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirmed illegal copy, black screen and blink screen, sim lim square no no for me

i said again, it is not illegal copy, i bought it.
in fact i think illegal copy will not have this problem, because they disable auto updating.