• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Father told her:"I won't blame you if you call police

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>Prime Minister Zhugeliang

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 am Post subject: Father told her:"I won't blame you if you call police.</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>YOU can tell the police that I raped you and I won't blame you, he told his 14-year-old daughter. But she didn't. Instead, she hid it from her family.

But bearing the pain alone became too much for the teenager. With no one to confide in, she resorted to writing about her distress while doodling in Mandarin class at school.

On a piece of paper, she drew a picture of a girl crying, with a bubble containing the words: 'What should I do now!!'

She continued with these words: 'I hate my father as he do something which I felt it disgusting. I don't know it is good to tell my mother and police about but I wish I can run away.

'But the main problem is I had no home if I run away and I don't know what can happen to me if I tell my mother and the police about it.'

The girl folded the piece of paper and placed it on her table.

Eventually, her school became aware of the rape and she made a police report.

Her 38-year-old father pleaded guilty yesterday to two charges of rape and one charge of outrage of modesty. Three more charges for outrage of modesty were taken into consideration.

He was sentenced to 18 years in jail and 24 strokes of the cane. He cannot be named in order to protect his daughter's identity.

The girl wasn't the only one to express herself in a note. Her mother and brother wrote letters to the judge to plead for leniency.

The girl, now 15, was first raped by her father just weeks before her 14th birthday.

About two months later, he raped her again. On both occasions, she pretended to be asleep out of fear. He also molested her.

During the second rape, he realised his daughter was awake. He then took her to the kitchen toilet to wash up.

It was then that he told the crying girl that she could 'call the police if she wanted to and that he would not blame her for doing so', the court was told.

Instead, she expressed herself on paper to 'make herself feel better as she did not have anyone to talk to and did not know what to do'.

Her best friend, Jane (not her real name), saw the note and asked if she could read it.

At first, the victim refused, but later allowed Jane to read it. She also confided in Jane about the rapes and was advised to 'tell an adult person'.

The girl agreed, but felt her mother would not believe her.

She didn't want to tell her male form teacher, so Jane suggested either their ex-form teacher or school counsellor.

After classes that day, the two friends went to look for their ex-form teacher but could not find her. The victim had to leave to meet her younger brother, now 9,and buy lunch for him.

Before she left, she agreed that Jane could speak to the school counsellor on her behalf.

After Jane informed the counsellor, the latter called the girl and asked her to return to school.

Broke down in school

Back in school, she broke down and said she had been raped.

The counsellor then asked her to write down what had happened to heron a piece of paper.

The school principal then drove the girl to make a police report.

Yesterday, the court heard that the victim had symptoms of anxiety after the incidents.

She dreaded going home, was scared to sleep at night, thought of running away from home, was distracted, and had difficulty concentrating in school.

She also suffered nightmares, and was easily startled. She blamed herself for the incidents as she thought it was her own bad behaviour that caused it.

Court documents revealed that she felt guilty about reporting the case as her father is in prison 'because of her'.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Samuel Chua said the accused timed his 'illegal acts' with the victim's 'bad behaviour', psychologically manipulating her into 'perceiving that the said assaults were punishment'.

'The accused had, in so doing, perverted and abused his parental authority to discipline the victim for her mistakes in the worst imaginable way,' he said.

His 'monstrous acts' also 'destroyed the very essence of love and trust that is central' to a father- daughter relationship, said Mr Chua.

Urging the court to impose a stiff sentence, he reiterated the words of Justice Tay Yong Kwang from a previous case: 'Since the innocent child has only the voice of the law to speak for herself/himself, the law must speak clearly and loudly to fathers who sexually abuse their children by imposing severe sentences.'

In his mitigation plea, defence lawyer K Mathialahan said his client was 'genuinely remorseful'.

In his first police statement, the accused said he did not know how to explain why he did what he did.

He said: 'Even if the punishment for rape is the death penalty, I would still admit to it as I have done wrong to my own daughter.

'I do not know how to tell you in detail how I raped my daughter and why I did the act.'

He said in another statement: 'I have already ruined my family... I also ruined my daughter.'

Mr Mathialahan said the accused had asked his wife to divorce him 'as he felt that he was no longer fit to be a husband', but his family had chosen to support him.

His wife, elder brother, younger brother and sister- in-law were in court yesterday.

His wife, dressed in black and with her hair tied up in a ponytail, wept when listening to the mitigation plea.

Pleading for leniency, Mr Mathialahan said the man's family is facing 'serious financial hardship' as he was the sole breadwinner.

He added that the daughter had forgiven him and wished to see him.

He also said her life was 'back to normal'.

However, Justice Chan Seng Onn noted that the girl's 'return to complete normalcy is impossible'.

He noted that she had said in earlier statements that she had flashbacks of the incidents, and could still remember how the 'bad things' were done to her.

In sentencing, Justice Chan said: 'You've committed a heinous crime against your very own young biological daughter.

'Fortunately, you were caught early, having committed only two rapes.'

Justice Chan said that not only had he 'spoilt' the relationship between him and his family, but he had also 'ruined' his family and his daughter.

The father could have been jailed 20 years and caned for each of the rape charges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife,son plead for bread winner

HER note wasn't the only plea for help. Her mother and 9-year-old brother wrote to the judge, pleading for leniency on behalf of the rapist.

As the letters were read out in court, the man was in tears, aware of the damage he had done.

His son wrote: 'I miss my father very much. He is very hardworking. 'He would work from morning to midnight. We hardly see him except for Sunday.'

His father is self-employed.

'I miss our family day. I hope he will be back soon. I longing await and would countdown every day for his return.'

In her five-paragraph letter, the wife described her husband as a caring, responsible and hard-working man. With him in jail now, she said the family has lost the breadwinner.

She continued: 'Although my husband had committed this offence, my children and I have already forgiven him and are willing to wait for his return.'

On both occasions when the man raped his daughter, he did it while his wife was sound asleep in their master bedroom.

The second time, he did not care that his son, 9, was asleep in the girl's room. The boy slept through the assault.

The court heard yesterday that the man, 38, raped his daughter twice in two months, in the middle of the night.

The first time, the girl was asleep in her bedroom when she was awakened by the sound of the room door being opened.

Opening her eyes slightly, she saw her father entering her bedroom. She pretended to sleep as she wanted to know what he was going to do.

When he outraged her modesty and raped her, she felt it was 'very painful', but she did not say anything out of fear.

After raping his daughter, he woke her up. The girl opened her eyes and pretended to be sleepy.

He then scolded her about quarrelling with her brother earlier that day.

On another occasion, he entered her bedroom in the middle of the night. Though she was awake, she quickly closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

He sat beside her on the bed and molested her.

He then woke her up and asked if she had taken $50 that had gone missing earlier that day.

She denied doing so.

After that incident, the court heard, she asked her younger brother, who had been sleeping in his parents' bedroom, to sleep in her room because she was afraid of their father.

But that did not stop her father from raping her a second time.

Last edited by Prime Minister Zhugeliang on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am; edited 4 times in total</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>