• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old fart: You don't know what is poor

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Old fart: You don't know what is poor</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>One Night Special (kTuLu5) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:32 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>22967.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>S'pore today is a result of effort put into building country: MM Lee
By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 19 October 2009 2325 hrs
SINGAPORE: Singapore is where it is today because of the effort that was put into building the country, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.

Mr Lee made this point at a recently concluded dialogue with tertiary students at the National University of Singapore.

He said without people with ruggedness and a do or die attitude, there will not be the Singapore that exists today. Don't know whose son cried because he had to stand in the rain

Mr Lee noted that unlike the older generation, most young Singaporeans do not know what it is like to be poor. Most Singkies also don't know what its like to have a Jap chef flown in specially to cook dinner or charter an SIA plane to fly to London for just 1 person.

But he said young Singaporeans can emotionally and intellectually understand that if one does not make the same effort, Singapore will regress. Tell that to your ministers

To illustrate the value of hard work, Mr Lee gave a personal insight into how he raised his children to become self-reliant and why the family decided not to live at the official residence at the Istana. Self reliant meh? Which one is not working in the family business?

Mr Lee said: "As Prime Minister, I was given a house at Sri Temasek. So I took them (our children) there one day to play and Sri Temasek was on high ground. They were playing with a ball, the ball rolled down, and the butler ran about 50 to 60 yards to pick up the ball and bring it back. Can tell the butler not to do it right?

"My wife and I watched and said if we stay here for five years, our children will grow up believing that life is like that - that somebody will always be there to be pick up balls for them, (so) we stayed at home."
But it's true. Someone is always there to carry balls for them

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Lee noted that unlike the older generation, most young Singaporeans do not know what it is like to be poor.

Is that the reason why the PAP is trying to discard them in places like Batam, JB,... :confused:

AND trying to replace yound Sporeans with FT :confused:

LKY/PAP criticises Sporeans for not looking after their parents but what would you call a gov't which is trying to replace them with foreigners :confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the twilight of his years, he can wax lyrical about, how the moon back then looked like yesteryear, and the same moon today look like today!.

"speaking words of wisdom...father Harry comes to me"!!!

Not that he has no wealth of experience we can tap from, but had he ever admitted the mistakes he had made?

or thank the people of SINgapore, for the work they had put in, rally behind him to bring what SINgapore was to what it is today?

and yet....now the average SINgapore is even denied the lowest minimum wages, for their earning power had been depressed & suppressed by the huge presence of foreign workers..

we all can wax lyrical over how the moon looked like yesterday & today..but when our bellies are hungry...what is the moon?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Old fart: You don't know what is poor</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>One Night Special (kTuLu5) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:32 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>22967.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>S'pore today is a result of effort put into building country: MM Lee
By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 19 October 2009 2325 hrs
SINGAPORE: Singapore is where it is today because of the effort that was put into building the country, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.

Mr Lee made this point at a recently concluded dialogue with tertiary students at the National University of Singapore.

He said without people with ruggedness and a do or die attitude, there will not be the Singapore that exists today. Don't know whose son cried because he had to stand in the rain

Mr Lee noted that unlike the older generation, most young Singaporeans do not know what it is like to be poor. Most Singkies also don't know what its like to have a Jap chef flown in specially to cook dinner or charter an SIA plane to fly to London for just 1 person.

But he said young Singaporeans can emotionally and intellectually understand that if one does not make the same effort, Singapore will regress. Tell that to your ministers

To illustrate the value of hard work, Mr Lee gave a personal insight into how he raised his children to become self-reliant and why the family decided not to live at the official residence at the Istana. Self reliant meh? Which one is not working in the family business?

Mr Lee said: "As Prime Minister, I was given a house at Sri Temasek. So I took them (our children) there one day to play and Sri Temasek was on high ground. They were playing with a ball, the ball rolled down, and the butler ran about 50 to 60 yards to pick up the ball and bring it back. Can tell the butler not to do it right?

"My wife and I watched and said if we stay here for five years, our children will grow up believing that life is like that - that somebody will always be there to be pick up balls for them, (so) we stayed at home."
But it's true. Someone is always there to carry balls for them

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nice humorous biting highlighted remarks. Tks.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>> They were playing with a ball, the ball rolled down, and the butler ran about 50 to 60 yards to pick up the ball and bring it back.<<

Making ppl carry your balls? Some things NEVER change! :rolleyes:

R

redlightmeansgo

Let an old and dying man look at himself in the mirror for one last time, and believe he has a nine inch dick that can still excite half the women in this world.

Like the poet Dylan Thomas said, "Do not go gently into the night."

Let the old man desperately try and stave off the Grim Reaper.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... unlike the older generation, most young Singaporeans do not know what it is like to be poor. ...
ze poor of ze new generation ...

stay in pigeon holes which dey wil hv 2 pay 4 a whole lifetime ...
pay 7% gst which, ironically, dey were told, wud help dem ...
live under ze world's bestest paid gahmen dat like 2 suppress their wages ...

u r bhind time ...

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Lee said: "As Prime Minister, I was given a house at Sri Temasek. So I took them (our children) there one day to play and Sri Temasek was on high ground. They were playing with a ball, the ball rolled down, and the butler ran about 50 to 60 yards to pick up the ball and bring it back.

You fucking old liar!

Last edited:
R

redlightmeansgo

Shhh!!! Not so loud!

A lie is only a lie depending on WHO tells it

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal

... well said ! :cool:

... he doesnt speak to the butler ... can't communicate with the servants ... or doesnt want to appear too kind to the servants ... :rolleyes:

"My wife and I watched and said if we stay here for five years, our children will grow up believing that life is like that - that somebody will always be there to be pick up balls for them, (so) we stayed at home."[/COLOR] But it's true. Someone is always there to carry balls for them ... ha ha, when i read the sri temasek article this morning, i knew someone from SBF is sure to say this ... :biggrin: