• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australian property prices set to rise by 20%.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
106060276mm1255003860.jpg

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...RA,MOUNT+LAWLEY&c=16057392&s=wa&tm=1255682439

$349,000 A RARE FIND!
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...RA,MOUNT+LAWLEY&c=16057392&s=wa&tm=1255682439

gosh, that is really cramped. if possible, i want my nearest neighbour to be at least 100m away from me.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
gosh, that is really cramped. if possible, i want my nearest neighbour to be at least 100m away from me.

Sorry, unless you are in a rural area. In a normal condition, the setback is 1.5m at your side and 1.5m from their side.. total 3m for a hse setback.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This urban townhse has a living area of 303sqm and the asian architect is very creative in creating a lot of storage spaces as well. The kitchen, laundry spaces are of proper size.

I like this style, reminds me of the famous Painted Ladies in San Francisco.

It is looking over a Thai restaurant and a Fish & Chip shop. I believe if the wind blows from the right direction, the balcony will have a greasy and fishy smell. :biggrin:

1074738075_f146872094.jpg

(Painted Ladies in San Francisco)

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how is this for rural property? 12 acres of land and 17km from CBD
106008355mm1253060901.jpg

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=28085029&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1255729289

Wow, nice.
17kms to reach rural .... by Perth standard, that is quite "close" to CBD.
Just remember that when Ken Henry tax reform comes in, the family home beyond a certain size will be taxed.

Do you know the width of the garage in the pic, it look cramped. It should be at least 7m so that you can open the car door properly. These days in subdivided villas, having 6.5m is already luxurious.

Luckily, more cars are designed to with doors opening in 3 stages these days.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wei, by the way, how much are they selling for ? Mowing the lawn is a huge task.. do they have telephone, sewer available ?

usually range from 700k to 1.5 million. they do have all creature comfort; telephone, internet.. mobile will have some problem because of reception.

they have tank water stored from rainfall or supplied from water supplier.

sewage are on sceptic tank or bio-recycle type. brown water will be pumped out to water gardens. very fertile!

cutting grass? afew ways; use slashers (a device drag by a tracker) to cut grass. usually u can hire this.
- ride on lawn mover. but slow, but good grass cutting.
- keep afew cows. these are grassing eating machines. but u have to handle the poo, vets and feeding them during winter.

u cannot cut down local trees. city council will fly helicopters to take pics and compare, if they find u cutting down significant gum tree, they will fine u.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe that is actually similar to what we are planning to get for our first home, as we don't intend to keep on moving here and there, so might as well get the 'dream home' in one shot.

that might not be too realistic right now.

moving house is a small inconvinience compared to being crippled by huge interest payments if you cant afford it.

its safer to just get into the market as soon as possible and let your equity grow as the market rises. then work your way up slowly from there.

the beauty of the australian system is that you will not have to sell your first house to get your second. simply borrow against equity in your first house for the deposit and secure the remainder against your second house.

Last edited:

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know what you mean with the "engineered" bank account. Show confidence and the bank will lend you big time. Over here I think the bankers are not as jibai face like in Singapore. If you show some confidence, don't act like a typical chinaman sinkie they will easily do what you want.

I don't agree with this, finance is not as easy to get as it was, say, one year ago. After the financial crisis the banks are clamping down on lending criteria.

All the more so if you don't already have a property or assets you can offer the bank as security.

This is why I believe if you are just starting out, get something small like a 1BR and work your way up from there. You will find it hard to get finance for huge purchases at the start.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

moving house is a small inconvinience compared to being crippled by huge interest payments if you cant afford it.

its safer to just get into the market as soon as possible and let your equity grow as the market rises. then work your way up slowly from there.

the beauty of the australian system is that you will not have to sell your first house to get your second. simply borrow against equity in your first house for the deposit and secure the remainder against your second house.

I agree that we should not be "working for the bank"

What you suggest will involve 2 valuations (for the 2 properties in question)

But these days, it is not easy to get much equity from the first house.
So, it makes sense to get as much cash upfront so that the bank will lend, and the buyer do not incur Lender Insurance.

Renting out the first house will help pay, possibly 50% of the interest, for the second home. That is what a number of smarter young people are doing.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah..you are my competitor !.. I am doing the same too.. I have successfully obtained an approval for subdivision in 2006 for my 930m2 despite 2 neighbours' objection... I intend to do the same for Mel for my 923m2. :smile: I am reading the town planning act now, when it is time to subdivide into 4.. I'm ready... everything DIY... heehee.

I must learn to watch the ceiling fan twirl ...

The fuck'ing local council sitting on my subdivision application while my bank loan is bleeding interest payment and the empty piece of land growing la-lang and became a dumping ground for neighbourhood. :mad:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must learn to watch the ceiling fan twirl ...

The fuck'ing local council sitting on my subdivision application while my bank loan is bleeding interest payment and the empty piece of land growing la-lang and became a dumping ground for neighbourhood. :mad:

It is not always easy to get DA approval. In Brisbane, I complied to every guidelines, yet they took 12mths for approval. I expect about 3-4mths to approve, pengz..

This is why I think there are heaps of potential for development.. due to the inefficiency of local govt, with limited DA approval obtained and supply of hses ? shocking !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not always easy to get DA approval. In Brisbane, I complied to every guidelines, yet they took 12mths for approval. I expect about 3-4mths to approve, pengz..

This is why I think there are heaps of potential for development.. due to the inefficiency of local govt, with limited DA approval obtained and supply of hses ? shocking !

I think the council is just slow. Perth is always slooower.
Because my land is within the R30 sub-division area. I do not think there will be unnecessary delay. Hope fully there is no restrictions and there is nothing wrong with the soil/sand. :biggrin:.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree. Some people would like to wait for their 'prefect moment' to buy their dream house which might never come. I tell people, the right time is no other than now.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the council is just slow. Perth is always slooower.
Because my land is within the R30 sub-division area. I do not think there will be unnecessary delay. Hope fully there is no restrictions and there is nothing wrong with the soil/sand. :biggrin:.

Under a norm condition, residential area is safe. no issue with soil - very rare soil containmination.. unless EPA issue an enforcement letter. however, I cant guarantee on the land restriction..

The opp. lands of my property are rated as "heritage".. I've avoided at all cost. Due to my preference to improve and subdivide the land in future :smile: with the 923m2 land.. I can do anything to it in 10yrs time.. yahooo !

Diff states hv diff town planning guidelines.. most importantly, we bet on our future Australia to be a great country.. then our wealth will grow together with this great country... I think as long as we are in the real estate game or the stock market, we should be fine.. 3 cheers for us !

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Some people would like to wait for their 'prefect moment' to buy their dream house which might never come. I tell people, the right time is no other than now.

The right time to buy is when the "FEAR" hits the country... jus like PAP impose "FEAR" on its ppl. The more fearful they are, the better the opportunity !! (join politics !

I bought my place via normal sale.. now all properties are in auction.. the sale will normally increase by >10% during auction.

We look at the "future value" of the property instead of the present value. If the country/economy has no issue for the next 20yrs due to booming gas and minning.. ya right ! then the right time to buy is now..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over 33% of Aussies plan to buy property
Thursday November 26, 2009, 3:33 pm

More than one third of Australians plan to buy a property in the next two years despite concerns over higher living costs and rising interest rates, a survey shows.

And 40 per cent of Australians plan to revisit their financial plans as the nation emerges with a more positive economic outlook, the survey, commissioned by mortgage broker Mortgage Choice, found.

Mortgage Choice corporate affairs manager Kristy Sheppard said more borrowers were now taking "ownership" over their financial situation.

"As a housing market service provider, Mortgage Choice is pleased to see 41 per cent of respondents planning to buy property in the next two years and 43 per cent of them planning on an investment property.

"Hopefully, increasing demand from this buyer group will stimulate more housing construction," Ms Sheppard said.

"The Australian housing market has emerged from the financial crisis relatively unscathed compared to its global counterparts, which would probably be part of the reason why 64 per cent of respondents believe house prices will rise in the period to November 2010," Ms Sheppard said in a statement.

"In turn, this trend may be influencing the 35 per cent of respondents with an existing property plan to renovate rather than purchase a new one."

It also found 40 per cent of mortgage holders believed they could afford to make repayments at an interest rate of more than 11 per cent.

The online survey of 1,025 Australians, conducted in early November 2009, found 19 per cent of respondents were most concerned about rate rises while 16 per cent were concerned about job security.

It follows a similar survey last year that found 20 per cent of Australians had concerns over job security and 18 per cent were concerned by the federal government's economic management.

Ms Sheppard said that while many borrowers were concerned about rate rises, 40 per cent were prepared for increases of at least five percentage points, a much higher figure than was forecast for the next few years.

"This suggests many borrowers can comfortably repay their home loan sooner, if they put their mind and budget to it," she said.

"Improved sentiment from Australians around their livelihoods is also terrific to see."

Almost three quarters of respondents were confident the Australian economy would be strong during 2010.

In a further sign of consumer confidence, 17 per cent said they could afford "any increase".

Two thirds of participants believe rates will rise by between 0.25 per cent and 1.5 per cent before June, 2010.

The survey also found more than 60 per cent of West Australian baby boomers believed investing in property was safer than investing in shares.