• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Obama To Donate Nobel Prize Money? will our President donate anything?

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spokesman: Obama To Donate Nobel Prize Money
Nobel Committee Shocks World By Awarding Obama's 'Extraordinary' Diplomacy Less Than 1 Year Into 1st Term

President Barack Obama will donate the $1.4 million cash award that comes with the Nobel Peace Prize to charity. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says it's likely that more than one charity will share the windfall.

Gibbs said the president has yet to decide which charities will benefit from the award, announced early Friday morning.

Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.

The committee said Mr. Obama's efforts to promote a "global response to global challenges" cemented their decision.

"I am both surprised and deeply humbled," Obama said in the Rose Garden.

"To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," said Obama.

Obama said daunting challenges confront the world, citing nuclear proliferation, climate change and the mideast peace process.

"Some of the work confronting us may not be completed during my presidency," Obama said.

"This award must be shared with everyone who strives for justice and dignity," he added.

CBS News White House correspondent Peter Maer reports that White House press secretary Robert Gibbs emailed a one-word reaction to the news Friday morning: "Wow."

The White House was clearly just as shocked by the announcment as the reporters gathered in Oslo, reports Maer

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore president won't donate anything, he challenges you all to donate more. That's the President Star Charity Challenge. Take up the challenge and donate up till your coffin money gone or ignore him, up to you. It's just a "challenge", not "compulsory" (at least not yet).

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore president won't donate anything, he challenges you all to donate more. That's the President Star Charity Challenge. Take up the challenge and donate up till your coffin money gone or ignore him, up to you. It's just a "challenge", not "compulsory" (at least not yet).

Guest of Honour at the show.......then go back change to his white t-shirt and blue short..bed time..just another wayang....

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, LKY and LHL donated huge sum of money when someone announced they accepted 20-30% discount from Nassim Jade.. GCT declared it was totally transparent.. Although our President (at least not yet) did not donate.. but his team did. LHL also gave up part of his salary when all ministers had pay increment.. The only diff, we do not have Nobel..

Spokesman: Obama To Donate Nobel Prize Money
Nobel Committee Shocks World By Awarding Obama's 'Extraordinary' Diplomacy Less Than 1 Year Into 1st Term

President Barack Obama will donate the $1.4 million cash award that comes with the Nobel Peace Prize to charity. White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says it's likely that more than one charity will share the windfall.

Gibbs said the president has yet to decide which charities will benefit from the award, announced early Friday morning.

Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," the Norwegian Nobel Committee said, citing his outreach to the Muslim world and attempts to curb nuclear proliferation.

The committee said Mr. Obama's efforts to promote a "global response to global challenges" cemented their decision.

"I am both surprised and deeply humbled," Obama said in the Rose Garden.

"To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," said Obama.

Obama said daunting challenges confront the world, citing nuclear proliferation, climate change and the mideast peace process.

"Some of the work confronting us may not be completed during my presidency," Obama said.

"This award must be shared with everyone who strives for justice and dignity," he added.

CBS News White House correspondent Peter Maer reports that White House press secretary Robert Gibbs emailed a one-word reaction to the news Friday morning: "Wow."

The White House was clearly just as shocked by the announcment as the reporters gathered in Oslo, reports Maer

jw5

Loyal
I'm interested to know how much he himself donates to the president's star charity.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, LKY and LHL donated huge sum of money when someone announced they accepted 20-30% discount from Nassim Jade.. GCT declared it was totally transparent.. Although our President (at least not yet) did not donate.. but his team did. LHL also gave up part of his salary when all ministers had pay increment.. The only diff, we do not have Nobel..

They usually donate a hugh sum of money after sueing someone.