• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sought the assistance of MPs for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC But...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>In a bind over flat purchase involving bankrupt
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->IN MAY last year, my wife and I bought a five-room HDB flat on the open market, on a contra-sale of our three-room flat.
At the second appointment, we learnt the seller was an undischarged bankrupt, and had outstanding loans or debts to the HDB, town council and Central Provident Fund Board. HDB did not advise us or take any precaution to protect the deposit we paid to the seller via the housing agent.
As buyers, we had completed our responsibility of paying all sums due. The seller had repeatedly failed to pay his debts to the parties named.
We sought the assistance of MPs for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, and wrote to the chief executive of HDB and the CPF Board on several occasions, but to no avail.
To make matters worse, while the paperwork for the ownership transfer had not been completed, the CPF Board deducted money from our CPF account as if the purchase transaction had been completed.
Our family of five, including two very small children, are without a home.
It has been one long frustrating year and we desperately need a home. We write this open letter to ask the authorities for help.
Ng Song Khim

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>In a bind over flat purchase involving bankrupt
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

Our family of five, including two very small children, are without a home.
It has been one long frustrating year and we desperately need a home. We write this open letter to ask the authorities for help.
Ng Song Khim

mahbowtan.jpg

RELAG lah! My peasant holes all damn high standard one! *Hee* :biggrin: (although I neber stay b4)

:biggrin:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
How caN THIS be allowed to happen?

If issues at 1st appt not settled, how can deduct?

i am not knowledgeable about housing procedures but i thought there are two areas that are not 'correct':

(1) shouldn't the housing agent make a check on the seller's bankruptcy status?

(2) shouldn't the HDB finalize all the procedures before instructing CPF?