• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinktel is DEAF!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>SingTel turning deaf ear to phone woes
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->DUE to the Government's development plans, car workshops in the Eunos area had to move to a new location, Autobay@Kaki Bukit.
Since we moved there in mid-June, we have faced a lot of problems. One in particular is the weak or non-existent network coverage of SingTel cellphones, especially inside our workshop and offices.
We need our mobile phones in order to maintain business relationships, and to enable our customers to contact us directly.
Since the HDB seemed unable to solve the problem, we took matters into our own hands and made numerous calls to alert SingTel about the problem. SingTel took 3.5 months to approve setting up a network point in our area. I was told it would take another three to five months to set up the network point.
Such tardy response to customers is appalling. Each time I called, I was told to wait. I cannot believe I had to press SingTel for more than three months just to get an approval. Does it have such a huge backlog?
This is a major problem for not only our workshop, but also all workshops on the first level of Autobay and our customers. The owner of a workshop near mine has also complained to SingTel since mid-June, and only when he demanded that the problem be solved within three days did SingTel install a signal booster at the back of his workshop.
He told me the booster had been installed in several other workshops in the area as well. So I asked for one too, only to be rejected.
SingTel's policies leave subscribers like me at its mercy. To solve my dilemma, I decided to give up my mobile line but SingTel wanted to charge me for early termination.
Jasmine Sng (Ms)