• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When will consumers have a choice of electricity retailers?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>When will consumers have a choice of electricity retailers?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Electricity prices up 12.5% from Oct'.
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) liberalised the electricity market in 2001 to promote competition so consumers can buy electricity from retailers of their choice.
Currently, only non-domestic consumers with high electricity consumption can buy from the six retailers. The timeline was that by 2003-2004, all consumers would have the right to choose how and from whom they wish to buy electricity.
As it is already eight years since the liberalisation, can EMA indicate how long the wait until domestic consumers can have their choice?
Andrew Seow

th_TV2009080919120900-1.jpg

In your next lifetime perhaps? *Ouch*

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

you think you have a choice?
You don't even have the choice of choosing the leaders who is to govern you.:biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eventually but we will still end up with Abang and Adek company like SingTel and StarHub.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>When will consumers have a choice of electricity retailers?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's report, 'Electricity prices up 12.5% from Oct'.
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) liberalised the electricity market in 2001 to promote competition so consumers can buy electricity from retailers of their choice.
Currently, only non-domestic consumers with high electricity consumption can buy from the six retailers. The timeline was that by 2003-2004, all consumers would have the right to choose how and from whom they wish to buy electricity.
As it is already eight years since the liberalisation, can EMA indicate how long the wait until domestic consumers can have their choice?
Andrew Seow

th_TV2009080919120900-1.jpg

In your next lifetime perhaps? *Ouch*

can some brother advise: can I buy a generator set, purchase petrol from m'sia or install a solar cell to run the gen set for electricity, use aircon condensation water for toilet flushing, candle light for luminousion?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi also let you choose which company cab you want to take right? But the price all the same.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you will never have a choice

you may think you are

the scheme is invented by some do gooders or dreamers i call, which think that competition in utilities will bring down the price.

it is being shown in Europe, that it will not work. there are limited source of energy these companies can go to. so, they all have to give you similar price, so basically, all will raise the price together.

who benefit, - the gov, they sold these away, which turn into hard cash for them.

who losts - as usual , the peasants.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Of course you have a choice.. it is either my power company or candle sticks... wait, candle sticks are fire hazards... it is either my power company or no power.