• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thailand just needs 5-6 years to dig the Thai Canal

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=282622&start=0&sid=5641afa4c34d2b0d76a97e337f76d8d4

Following was a letter from the Thai-Canal org to the Thai PM that highlighted the benefits of having the Thai Canal. The Thais now believe that they don't need foreign investment to dig the canal (estimated 4 billion cubic meters of soil).

Targeted industries for the proposed special economic zone are transhipment, tourism including cruise-liner hub and ship-repair.

Think this SEZ can seriously challenge Singapore if it mirrors our economic strategy like adopting English as an official language (besides Thai) and opening its gates to FTs.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.thai-canal.org/Apisit01.htm&prev=hp&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhztmQF7K1jxnN1rL1bWXG1MQewpA

Although dated 31 Jan 2009, it was only put up on the Thai Canal site recently.

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=www.thai-canal.org&sl=th&tl=en&history_state0=

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
they need another 50-60 years to dig the canal
they have been talking about it for the last 50-60 years

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
the issue with big infrastructure projects is every uncle, ah gong, ah ma also wants a cut of the money flowing in. the past few years, Thailand has stagnated. until the King dies and they sort out the political mess, the canal is not going to get built.

there are even less chance of doing it with Malaysia since they started whacking the muslims in South Thailand.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
the issue with big infrastructure projects is every uncle, ah gong, ah ma also wants a cut of the money flowing in. the past few years, Thailand has stagnated. until the King dies and they sort out the political mess, the canal is not going to get built.

there are even less chance of doing it with Malaysia since they started whacking the muslims in South Thailand.

If the King dies and Thaksin takes over they can rename Thailand -

HAKKALAND​

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
they need another 50-60 years to dig the canal
they have been talking about it for the last 50-60 years

As usual, talk big and counting chicken are their forte.

The question is how many prime ministers are needed to finish the job ?

They needed about 18 prime ministers and multiple coups to finish the Suwannabhumi Airport and this canal is a far bigger job.:o

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Do you think the Thai can happy happy dig their Thai Canal to kill off my kingdom here? Never! OVER MY DEAD BODY!

I will sent many spies over to Thailand and create havoc until they cannot dig the canal.

Worse come to worse, if Mas Selamat is in Singapore, I will work out a contract with him. I will give him millions of dollars and also create a minister position for him in my PAP party if he can mess up the digging of Thai Canal for me and my kingdom.

I will sent Mas Salemat over to Thailand to create havoc as to disrupt the Thai Canal project. If Mas Salemat still cannot handle the situation there, I will sent another Trouble Maker Minister Teo Chee Hean to asisst him in Thailand.

I believed strongly that with the 2 biggest trouble maker in Singapore over to Thailand to disrupt the Thai Canal project, I will definitely see good result in no time.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With today technology. The canal can be completed in 5 years.

With the Thai bureaucracy and politics today, I don't think that the canal can be built within the next 50 years. The canal, if built, would cut the Thai south into a romance of 4 provinces: Songkhla on the Thai side; Pattani, Yala and Narthiwat on the Malay peninsula side. It'd become civil warzone of terrorist-infested waters that even pirates fear to thread.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thai voters damn stupid

Always protest, no wonder economy is a failure

No way they can open up the canal

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun protest also stupid..

kena bent down often by the Hakka Lee Regime..

so you enjoy it time and time again??

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A mega dinasaur project dusted off from the shelves (yet again). This has been bandied around for decades. Bet 2 my bahts worth this project is unlikely to see light of the day in next decade or 2.

On smaller scale, the bkk metropolitan guys can't even get their act right wit further delays in airport link and also skytrain extensions.

Like some thais with self look into mirror, told me: "here we have many ideas and dissenting voices (aka vested interests)":rolleyes:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low tech engineering. Get the Chinese to do the job. I think they can easily finish in 10 years. But:

1) Get King to sign off on it
2) Politicians have to sign off on it
3)Army sign off on it.
4) BOT - Chinese companies operate project for 30 years. At the end of 30 years, project reverts back to Thailand
5) Thai G maintains golden share.

No interferrence for 10 years.

In Chinese G interest for additonal oil supply route. Chinese have no issues with funding, can look long term and have the organization capability for such large scale projects. They recently finished the 3 Gorges Dam.

Problem is to get the sign offs.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah dig the canal . Let everyone bypass us . Let the bigwigs relocate .

So we can think better. Too much good times are clouding our minds !

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiongs can take train come Sinkieland directly in future..

"China’s importance to the region was given another boost with the news that Thailand’s military junta has approved a 741.4 billion baht (€17.2 billion) project to connect two high-speed railways with China’s rail network by 2021.
China has plans to build a 3,000km line stretching from Kunming in Yunnan province to Singapore, passing through Laos, Thailand and Malaysia.
The project is expected to boost the gross domestic products of China and the other countries involved by €280 billion, if it goes ahead as planned.
One route will connect Nong Khai, just south of the Laos capital Vientiane, with Map Ta Phut, southeast of Bangkok. This section of rail is projected to cost 392.5 billion baht (€9.12 billion) and will run 737km.
The second line will run between Chaing Khong, along Thailand’s northern border, and Ban Phachi, in the central Ayutthaya regions, just north of Bangkok.
This track will be 655km long and cost 348.8 billion baht (€8.1 billion)."

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...od-to-china-high-speed-rail-project-1.1891548

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you sinkies here talk so much..

later after 5 years, the Thai canal really finished..then you guys can screw your own ass.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Do you think the Thai can happy happy dig their Thai Canal to kill off my kingdom here? Never! OVER MY DEAD BODY!

I will sent many spies over to Thailand and create havoc until they cannot dig the canal.

Worse come to worse, if Mas Selamat is in Singapore, I will work out a contract with him. I will give him millions of dollars and also create a minister position for him in my PAP party if he can mess up the digging of Thai Canal for me and my kingdom.

I will sent Mas Salemat over to Thailand to create havoc as to disrupt the Thai Canal project. If Mas Salemat still cannot handle the situation there, I will sent another Trouble Maker Minister Teo Chee Hean to asisst him in Thailand.

I believed strongly that with the 2 biggest trouble maker in Singapore over to Thailand to disrupt the Thai Canal project, I will definitely see good result in no time.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

CCS will lead the commando force of BGs ! Any one Kee Chiu

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just stop stinkees go thailand call chicken and stop import of thai chicken. See who die first.

1-3.jpg

Hahahahahahaha!!!