• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Msia say sinkapore is 3rd World Democracy!

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Split with S'pore a lesson

KUALA LUMPUR - FORMER information minister Zainuddin Maidin cited the split with Singapore in making his point in a column on Tuesday that it was important to learn lessons from the past.

In the column, published a day after Malaysia's 52nd National Day, he said former prime minister Tunku Abdul Rahman had to throw Singapore out of Malaysia because it was a 'thorn in our flesh'.

Datuk Zainuddin's article in the Utusan Malaysia newspaper referred at length to 'the special position of Malays and Islam and other sensitive issues that Mr Lee Kuan Yew disputed then'.

'The main reason Prime Minister Tunku Abdul Rahman decided to kick Singapore out of Malaysia was the speech made by its then Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew, in the Malaysian Parliament in May 1965 questioning the Malay government in Malaysia,' he wrote.

He added that similar controversies are resurfacing, alluding to concerns among Umno leaders that Malaysian minorities are questioning the position of Malays and Islam.

Mr Zainuddin was formerly the chief editor of Utusan, a newspaper owned by Umno. He was information minister during the premiership of Tun Abdullah Badawi.

'The special position of Malays and Islam and the other sensitive issues that Lee Kuan Yew disputed then, causing the outbreak of the May 13th incident, have again become the subject of hot debate following incidents involving the dumping of a cow's head by protesters that challenged the Hindus, and the wrapping of a pig in the Umno flag that challenged the Malays,' he wrote.

The May 13 incident he referred to was the race riots of 1969. And last Friday, a group of Malays protested against the relocation of a Hindu temple in Selangor by stomping on the severed head of a cow, an animal sacred to Hindus. It was not clear what incident he was referring to when a pig was wrapped in an Umno flag.

Wrote Mr Zainuddin: 'If 50 years of independence have given a deeper understanding of the poison sowed by Kuan Yew 40 years ago, the recent events mentioned would not have occurred.'

He added that although Singapore is more advanced than Malaysia, the Republic does not enjoy the same freedom: 'Singapore sticks to a Third World democracy despite having a developed world mentality, while Malaysia has a Third World mentality but a developed world democracy.'

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_424461.html

Say us 3rd world democracy hohoho, is the old man going to sue them?

"When I call a man openly, you're a liar, you're dishonest, and you do not dare to sue me, there's something basically wrong. - MM Lee Kuan Yew on James Gomez, Channelnewsasia, May 2006

If he dare not sue, means Mr Zainuddin is right.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So says the guy from the country who pay bribes to one another to get to the top and suing the opposition leader for, of all things, sodomy. There are a lot of countries out there who are more "democratic" and a greater degree of human rights who probably have good reason to criticize us, however MY isn't one of them. Heck even Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia is far more democratic then those jokers up north

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Say us 3rd world democracy hohoho, is the old man going to sue them?

"When I call a man openly, you're a liar, you're dishonest, and you do not dare to sue me, there's something basically wrong. - MM Lee Kuan Yew on James Gomez, Channelnewsasia, May 2006

If he dare not sue, means Mr Zainuddin is right.

we shall wait & see....if SINgapore rebut what Mr.Zainuddin, and exact an apology from him?.....another concluding episodes of the 'days of our lies'...:biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth hurts!

The only real democracies in this part of the world are the Philippines, Thailand & Indonesia. Heck, even Malaysia is arguably more democratic than us! They enjoy more political space.:smile:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The truth hurts!

The only real democracies in this part of the world are the Philippines, Thailand & Indonesia. Heck, even Malaysia is arguably more democratic than us! They enjoy more political space.:smile:

Absolutely true.Their politicians were detained under ISD too.But still are in politics after their stint.Lim Kit Siang ,And his son Lim Guan Eng the current CM of Penang are good examples.Even Mahathir did his time under ISD.

Can anyone cite any politicians in SG back in politics after their term of service under ISA?

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
So says the guy from the country who pay bribes to one another to get to the top and suing the opposition leader for, of all things, sodomy. There are a lot of countries out there who are more "democratic" and a greater degree of human rights who probably have good reason to criticize us, however MY isn't one of them. Heck even Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia is far more democratic then those jokers up north

Seems you think theres no corruption in Leeapore, let me ask you 1]why handouts are given to Leeaporeans days B4 elections? 2]how come lky's son, lky's nephew-in-law and Mr. Ho Ching get to hold high offices?; i guess they happened to be leelated or would you say all 3 mentioned leelatives are very leetalented?.

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

281hidl.jpg