• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers

"Torn Between Two Lovers" is a pop song written by Peter Yarrow (of the folk music trio Peter, Paul & Mary) and Phillip Jarrell. The song describes a love triangle and laments that "loving both of you is breaking all the rules". Yarrow originally intended the song to be sung by a man, but it was ultimately made famous by a woman, Mary MacGregor, who recorded it at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in 1976. The song became the title track of MacGregor's first album. "Torn Between Two Lovers" reached #1 on the U.S. pop chart in February 1977 and the easy listening chart in the final week of 1976 and first week of 1977. The song also peaked at #3 on the country charts. In early 1977, the song peaked at #4 in the United Kingdom.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Patti Austin & James Ingram - Baby, Come To Me

"Baby, Come to Me" is a classic love ballad written by Rod Temperton (formerly of Heatwave) and sung in duet by Patti Austin and James Ingram.
The original version, performed by Patti Austin and James Ingram (with Michael McDonald contributing background vocals), and produced by Quincy Jones, appears on Austin's 1981 album, Every Home Should Have One. When first released as a single, it had minor chart success in the spring 1982, spending one month on the pop singles chart and peaking at No. 73 on the Billboard Hot 100. It did, however, reach number 11 in the UK.
Later that year, it gained new exposure as the romantic theme song for Luke Spencer, a leading character on the ABC soap opera General Hospital. ABC received so many inquiries about the song that Warner Brothers decided to re-release "Baby, Come to Me" as a single in October. It then spent seven more months on the chart, reaching number one on the Hot 100 for two weeks, and also hit number one Adult Contemporary charts in early 1983

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dionne Warwick "I'll Never Love This Way Again"

"I'll Never Love This Way Again" is a Grammy Award-winning, Gold-certified 1979 hit recorded by American singer Dionne Warwick. The song was composed by Richard Kerr (music) and Will Jennings (lyrics) and produced by Arista labelmate Barry Manilow. The hit song was recorded for Warwick's first Arista label album titled Dionne (1979).
The song was Warwick's first single release on Arista after an unsuccessful tenure at Warner Bros. Records. The song brought Warwick renewed popularity when it reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #13 on the Billboard R&B Chart. In Canada, "I'll Never Love This Way Again" peaked at #6. The song won Warwick a 1980 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. The tune was certified by the RIAA as Gold for sales of over 1 million copies and helped her Arista debut album, Dionne, be certified by the RIAA as Platinum for album sales of over 1 million copies.
The song was first recorded by Richard Kerr himself for his 1978 album Welcome To The Club as "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again". Using the same title,the song was soon covered by Cheryl Ladd for her 1978 eponymous debut album. "I'll Never Love This Way Again" has also been recorded by Tom Jones, Billie Jo Spears and The Nolans.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy

"Let's Hear It for the Boy" was the second number-one song for Deniece Williams and appeared on the soundtrack to the feature film Footloose. It climbed to number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 on May 26, 1984, as well as number one on the dance and R&B charts, and peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. It was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song, and was certified platinum in the US, gold in Canada and silver in the UK by the RIAA, Music Canada and the British Phonographic Industry respectively. The music video was released in mid-April 1984. The song features background vocals from George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam, who would go on to form the duo Boy Meets Girl.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jimmy Wayne "Jimi" Jamison (August 23, 1951 – September 1, 2014) was an American musician, singer, and songwriter. He had previously been the frontman of the platinum-selling rock band Survivor between 1984–89, 2000–06 and from 2011 until his death. Jamison is also known for writing and performing the theme song, "I'm Always Here" for the TV series, Baywatch.
Jamison died on September 1, 2014 at his home in Memphis, Tennessee, of a heart attack. His autopsy revealed the actual cause of death to be a hemorrhagic brain stroke, with "acute methamphetamine intoxication contributing"

Survivor - The Search Is Over

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
135292840_1409661505.jpg

135292840_1453134508.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just Once - James Ingram

I did my best
But I guess my best wasn't good enough
'Cause here we are back where we were before
Seems nothing ever changes
We're back to being strangers
Wondering if we oughta stay
Or head on out the door

Just once can't we figure out what we keep doing wrong?
Why we never last for very long
What are we doing wrong?
Just once can't we find a way to finally make it right?
To make the magic last for more than just one night
If we could just get to it
I know we could break through it

I gave my all
But I think my all may have been too much
'Cause Lord knows we're not getting anywhere
Seems we're always blowing whatever we've got going
And seems at times with all we've got
We haven't got a prayer

Just once can't we figure out what we keep doing wrong?
Why the good times never last for very long
What are we doing wrong?
And make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we could break through it

Just once I want to understand
Why it always comes back to good-bye
Why can't we get ourselves in hand?
And admit to one another
That we're no good with out the other
Take the best and make it better
Find a way to stay together

To make the magic last for more than just one night
I know we can break through it

Just once

If we could get to it

Just Once...

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
26th December 2016
MUSIC legend George Michael has died at his home in Oxfordshire at the age of 53 from suspected heart failure.
The Wham! singer had a successful solo career and sold more than 100 million records worldwide.
Thames Valley Police said an ambulance attended a property in Goring, Oxfordshire, at 1,42pm today adding that his death was being treated as "unexplained but not suspicious".
It is understood paramedics had been called after Michael was discovered by a friend.
In a statement, the star's publicist said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period.

George Michael - Careless Whisper

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Suddenly" is a popular song from 1985 written and performed by the Trinidadian-born, British-based pop music singer Billy Ocean. It is the title track to the singer's 1984 breakthrough album, which was produced by Keith Diamond.

Billy Ocean - Suddenly