• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jackson 5-Blame it on the Boogie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5S6_vOFTRPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kdilpBQQ8Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Pointer Sisters - He's so shy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BQFD_AQstdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KOOL & THE GANG - Too Hot

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eZNTHJ6DjCU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More than a woman - Bee Gees / Tavares

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oZMO5RSbVBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A8oTaEs2bsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I'll Be over You" is a hit single by the American rock band Toto. Taken as a single from their 1986 album, Fahrenheit, the song reached number eleven on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in late 1986. Michael McDonald also participated in the recording of the song.

TOTO - I'll Be Over You

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zrZUh9ZzeBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aA6CghcObTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glen Campbell - "Rhinestone Cowboy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wHA-p5-BXcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yvonne Elliman ~ If I Can't Have You

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-pgJByML5xY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laura Branigan - Self Control

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p8-pP4VboBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Lambada", also released as "Chorando Se Foi (Lambada)" and "Llorando se fue (Lambada)", is a 1989 song recorded by the French pop group Kaoma with the Brazilian vocalist Loalwa Braz. It was released as the first single from Kaoma's debut album Worldbeat. The video, filmed on Cocos beach in the city of Trancoso, in the state of Bahia, Brazil, features the Brazilian child duo Chico & Roberta.
The single became a worldwide summer hit, selling over 5 million copies in 1989 and was part of the Lambada dance craze. It reached number one on eleven different charts, as well as number four on both the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart, number five on the Australia ARIA Singles Chart, and in 1990 it hit number 46 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, becoming one of the best known Brazilian songs of all time.

Kaoma - Lambada

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2DRXM2WTPY8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Axel F" is the electronic instrumental theme from the 1984 film Beverly Hills Cop performed by Harold Faltermeyer. It was an international number 1 hit in 1985.
The title comes from the main character's name, Axel Foley (played by Eddie Murphy), in the film.
In 2005, Crazy Frog recorded the song, releasing it as "Axel F" but also known as the "Crazy Frog song." The novelty song is Crazy Frog's first and most internationally successful single.

Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dASqLXiuomY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S-F1avL5kMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Agadoo" is a novelty song recorded by the band Black Lace in 1984. "Agadoo" peaked at number two in the UK Singles Chart, and spent 30 weeks in the top 75. It went on to become the eighth best-selling single of 1984 in the UK.
In a survey for dotmusic in 2000, respondents voted "Agadoo" as the fourth most annoying song of all time. In a poll for Q magazine in 2003, a panel of music writers voted "Agadoo" as the worst song of all time, saying: "It sounded like the school disco you were forced to attend, your middle-aged relatives forming a conga at a wedding party, a travelling DJ act based in Wolverhampton, every party cliche you ever heard." The panel also described it as "magnificently dreadful".

Black Lace - Agadoo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/POv-3yIPSWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The More You Live, the More You Love" is the name of a 1984 single by A Flock of Seagulls. It is taken from their third album, The Story of a Young Heart. The single was the first out of three singles taken from this LP.
This single is the band's last international hit to date.

A Flock Of Seagulls - The More You Live, The More You Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TROOtt-68F4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Trouble," a song written, composed, and performed by Lindsey Buckingham, was the primary single he released from his 1981 album Law and Order. The biggest hit from the album, it was also Buckingham's first hit as a solo artist. "Trouble" was the only song on Law and Order on which Buckingham played neither bass nor drums; he instead recruited his Fleetwood Mac bandmate, Mick Fleetwood, to do so. Unfortunately, things failed to work out very well in the recording session, and a taped loop of the drum track, about four-seconds long, was used over and over for the song. Buckingham's vocals for the song are sung in a light falsetto.

Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-w3VVFretMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"What's Forever For" is a song written by Rafe VanHoy and first recorded by England Dan and John Ford Coley on their 1978 album Dr. Heckle & Mr. Jive.
The song saw its biggest success when it was recorded by American country music artist Michael Martin Murphey. It was released in June 1982 as the third single from his album, Michael Martin Murphey. "What's Forever For" would become Murphey's first of two number ones on the country chart. The single went to number one for one week and spent sixteen weeks in the country top 40, while also peaking at number 19 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Michael Murphy - What's Forever For

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QIIUjgy4hfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Thunder in My Heart" is a song recorded by Leo Sayer for the album Thunder in My Heart and originally released as a single in 1977. It reached number 22 in the UK at that time. In the US it reached number 38 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 35 on the Cashbox chart.
It became a number one hit single in the UK when a remix by Meck (titled "Thunder in My Heart Again") was released as a single in 2006

Leo Sayer - Thunder In My Heart

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cBwkuFvzPSc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hl1m54ggHgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rod Stewart - When I Need You

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yhWZmEH7ELA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Berlin - Take My Breath Away

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l27GEQU_Qag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Club Nouveau - Lean on me

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IwIzcNLOogc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Tell It to My Heart" is a song performed by dance-pop vocalist Taylor Dayne, released as her first single from her first album of the same name in late 1987. The single was Dayne's first major exposure, and she soon became known for her up-tempo, dance-oriented music.
The song was written by Ernie Gold and Chappell Music staff songwriter Seth Swirsky. Swirsky almost didn't deliver the song to his publisher after he and his girlfriend decided it was not good enough.
"Tell It To My Heart" reached Taylor Dayne when Dayne contacted Chappell Music and asked to be sent some demos which had been overlooked, although the song had been recorded in early 1987 by Louisa Florio for a self-titled Canadian album release. Dayne recalled feeling an immediate affinity with the song: "I thought there was something about the hook – it's a happy hook." The track was recorded at Cove City Sound Studios in Glen Cove, Long Island. The track took off so unexpectedly in the fall of 1987 that Taylor was forced to complete her debut album at Cove City Sound in six weeks. Swirsky would also write, along with Arnie Roman, Dayne's follow-up single "Prove Your Love". For almost two months, only the 12-inch record of "Tell It to My Heart" with four mixes was available for purchase. That 12-inch sold 900,000 copies alone.
Dayne was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal, Female for her performance on "Tell It to My Heart" in 1988. Producer Ric Wake said in a 1994 interview with Vibe magazine that Tell It To My Heart "really blew people away". Commenting on Taylor Dayne's voice he said "They thought she was, like, black or some kind of ethnic...".

Taylor Dayne - Tell It To My Heart

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dz1C5CRKUtg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qUwRwiJsZ4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - The closer I get to you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rR40eUbVdQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​