• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Lyin' Eyes" is a song written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey and recorded in 1975 by the American rock band the Eagles, with Frey singing lead vocals. It was the second single from their One of These Nights album, reaching #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and #8 on the US Country chart.
The record also received a Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Group, and was also nominated for Record of the Year. The single version of the song is shortened quite a bit from the album version, removing the entire second verse, the second chorus and four lines in the middle of the third verse. Top 40 Radio in 1975 didn't usually play songs longer than 4 minutes so the runtime on the 45RPM label was listed as 3:58, but the actual playing time was 4:14.
During the Eagles 2009 concert tour, Glenn Frey talked about the origin for the song stating that he and Don Henley frequented an LA restaurant/bar, Dan Tana's, where the most beautiful of beautiful women frequented. They witnessed a meeting between a man and a woman and made up a scenario of secret love and thus the song arose.
"Lyin' Eyes" is on the Urban Cowboy soundtrack. It plays in the background in the diner scene when Sissy gets angry at Bud for saying "Hello" to Jerry Hall's character.

Eagles - Lyin' Eyes

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/80efM0-oG8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was written by ABBA's Björn Ulvaeus & Benny Andersson along with Tim Rice.
"I Know Him So Well" is a song from the concept album and subsequent musical Chess. In this duet, two women -- Svetlana, the Russian chess champion's estranged wife, and Florence, his mistress -- express their bittersweet feelings for him and at seeing their relationships fall apart.
The duet was number one in the UK for four weeks in 1985 when released as a single by Elaine Paige (as Florence) and Barbara Dickson (as Svetlana), who laid down their vocals separately and never met during the recording of the song, only for the video and subsequent performances on Top of the Pops and the European tours.] This recording remains in the Guinness Book of Records as the biggest selling UK Chart single ever by a female duo. Paige also appeared in the original London stage production of Chess.

Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson : I Know Him So Well

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hqnfbkxLlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqTPj_xdZbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

In the United Kingdom on 18 September 2004, the BBC's All-Time Greatest Love Songs (hosted by Lionel Richie) saw the duet performed live by Paige and Dickson, together for the first time in 20 years, to a rapturous reception. Paige played her solo demo recording of the song on her BBC Radio 2 show, Elaine Paige on Sunday.
In January 2011 the Official Charts Company released a list of the top 10 All Time Best Selling Duets in which "I Know Him So Well" was placed seventh in the chart.

Barbara Dickson And Elaine Paige - I Know Him So Well

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95TLjS0FpV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I Love to Love (But My Baby Loves to Dance)" was a popular single by Tina Charles, from her debut album, I Love to Love; the song was composed by Jack Robinson and James Bolden. The track was an international success both upon its original 1976 release and also when - remixed by The DMC (Disco Mix Club) - it was reissued ten years later (the DMC version features the instrumental "Sunburn" by the Biddu Orchestra as its B-side).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/seu2xuMQnIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W8SAfefMYAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Penny McLean - Lady Bump

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rkrdmf7GzKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GNjNdke1un4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SILVER CONVENTION REUNION FROM 2000 ON GERMAN TV

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fLGmKHQZLW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peter Brown (born 11 July 1953, Blue Island, Illinois, United States) is an American artist, songwriter and record producer. He grew up in Palos Heights, another Chicago suburb. His mother, Virginia, was artistic and musically talented and gave Peter music lessons at a young age. Peter’s father, Maurice, was an electronic engineer and unwittingly helped him learn the technical aspects of recording music. He always brought home the latest technological breakthrough - which in those days included CB and ham radios, the first color television and the first stereo record player.
Maurice also purchased a number of tape recorders which Peter played with as a child. One of these machines, a TEAC A-1200 2-track, had a feature which allowed you to transfer something you had recorded on one track to a second track, while you simultaneously recorded something new on that second track. This was Peter’s first introduction to overdubbing - which was a standard element of making recordings.
Late in 1977, TK Records announced that sales of the 12” version of "Do Ya Wanna Get Funky With Me" had reached the million dollar mark making it the first gold 12” single in history. Before too long the album went gold as well.
Billboard Magazine’s Year End #1 Awards for 1978 named Brown the #1 new male album artist, #3 new album artist and #10 pop male artist. Also #11 pop male album artist, #16 soul artists and #11 soul albums. Cash Box Magazine’s Year End Awards issue for 1978 named Brown #1Top Male Single Vocalist, #1 Top New Male Single Vocalist and #2 Top Male Album Vocalist along with #3 Crossover R&B Male.
The 1978 Record World Magazine Disco Awards named Brown Outstanding New Performer, Top New Male Vocalist and Top Male Vocalist. He was also nominated by NARAS (The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences) in 1978 for a Grammy Award for best R&B Vocal Performance for the song Dance With Me. Dance With Me also included a guest vocal performance by Betty Wright. Also in 1978, Brown's single "Crank It Up" peaked in the Billboard Disco Chart at #4.

Peter Brown-Dance With Me

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/33eudcuN2mM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BVtaVrUAPK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Theme from "S.W.A.T."" is an instrumental song written by Barry De Vorzon and performed by American funk group Rhythm Heritage, released on their debut album Disco-Fied. It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the United States on the chart date of February 28, 1976.
As the title implies, it was the opening theme music for the 1970s American television series S.W.A.T., though it is a noticeably different recording than the actual TV theme version. The theme song was also referenced by characters in the 2003 motion picture of the same name, who mouth the notes during a party to celebrate their successful completion of the training course.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jaQVVpPZtjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jEzGMnzos14" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Abracadabra" is a song by American rock group Steve Miller Band, written by Steve Miller. The song was released as the first single from the 1982 album of the same name the same year (see 1982 in music). The song is said to have been inspired by the American singer Diana Ross with whom Miller had met while performing together on Hullabaloo in the 1960s and is listed at #70 on Billboard's Greatest Songs of all time.
The song became a world-wide hit, charting in ten countries and topping the charts in six countries, and has become one of the band's biggest hits, along with "The Joker" and "Rock'n Me".
In the United States, the song was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for two non-consecutive weeks.

Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UARLzJp2wzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nicolette Larson - Lotta Love

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G1z4W9ula2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"You Can Do Magic" is a song by singer-songwriter Russ Ballard which was recorded as a 1982 single by folk rock duo America from their album View from the Ground.
The song was one of two Ballard compositions on View from the Ground, the other being "Jody". Ballard wrote both songs specifically for America at the behest of Rupert Perry, A&R vice president for Capitol Records. Ballard also produced the tracks marking a return to record production after a four year hiatus; although Ballard had had earlier hits as a songwriter, "You Can Do Magic" was his first major hit credit as a producer.
"You Can Do Magic" proved a solid comeback vehicle for America whose last Top 40 hit - "Today's the Day" - had occurred in 1976 with the second of their two further appearances on the Hot 100 in Billboard occurring in 1979. "You Can Do Magic" returned America to the Top 40 in August 1982 with the track reaching #8 that October. The popularity of "You Can Do Magic" was paralleled by the success of the parent View From the Ground album which rose to #41 on Billboard's listing of the top 200 albums, the first time an album by America as a duo (rather than the original trio) had appeared in that chart's upper half.
International chart placings for America's "You Can Do Magic" include #30 in Australia, #37 in Canada,#20 in Ireland, #27 in Italy, #12 in New Zealand and #59 in the UK.
The success of "You Can Do Magic" led to America recording their 1983 album Your Move with Russ Ballard as producer.

America - You Can Do Magic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E5Adx0RXpvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was made for dancing - Leif Garrett

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fqeMlk3py6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lHzPJm4i7O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dschinghis Khan - Dschinghis Khan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7i9ozy739c8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J2ovCgqFvoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smokie - Living Next Door To Alice

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J1CYc7RV4LE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You Take My Breath Away -- Rex Smith

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KfIGa_9Pouo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Every Time I Think of You" is the title of a song written by Jack Conrad and Ray Kennedy which was a Top 20 hit single for the Babys in 1979.

The Babys - Every Time I Think Of You

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LvvGgqV6SGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Love Will Find a Way" is a song by American rock group Pablo Cruise, from their album Worlds Away in 1978. It was released as a single and reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song received a considerable amount of airplay during the summer of 1978, prompting critic Robert Christgau to say, "Hear David Jenkins sing 'once you get past the pain' fifty times in a day and the pain will be permanent", referring to the lyrics of the chorus.

Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NxylCd3vNK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sdRfVPNl3Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nights Are Forever is the fourth and breakthrough album by the pop rock duo England Dan & John Ford Coley. "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" became one of their biggest hits, peaking at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. The follow-up single "Nights Are Forever Without You" also proved successful, peaking at #10.

England Dan John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EwzylZR9sxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ur3_lrvDD_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kenny Nolan is a Los Angeles, California based singer-songwriter.
He is best remembered for his 1977 self-composed song "I Like Dreamin'", which achieved the #3 chart position on the Billboard Hot 100 and #4 on the Easy Listening chart early that year.
He also co-wrote several hits with Bob Crewe, including Frankie Valli's "My Eyes Adored You" and Labelle's "Lady Marmalade" (both 1975).

I Like Dreamin' - Kenny Nolan

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UnUMQUDI9Fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Keep On Loving You" is a classic rock power ballad written by Kevin Cronin and performed by American rock band REO Speedwagon. It features the lead guitar work of Gary Richrath. It was one of many REO Speedwagon songs to become a pop hit, reaching the number-one spot for one week in March 1981 on the US Billboard Hot 100 becoming the 500th song to do so in the process, and peaking at number seven in the UK Singles Chart. The single was certified Platinum for US sales of over 2 million copies.

REO Speedwagon - Keep on loving you

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qjvDI-Me1RM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited: