• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Climie Fisher - Love changes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r6rO0WH1ZRU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lime ---- Your Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o5QbB3-p4pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TUZrWAV5AJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Don't Leave Me This Way" was covered by Motown artist Thelma Houston in 1976. Originally assigned to Diana Ross, it was recorded and intended to be the follow-up to her hit "Love Hangover." It was reassigned and given to the upcoming Motown artist, Thelma Houston. Following the release of her third album Any Way You Want It, a Boston record pool unanimously reported positive audience response to "Don't Leave Me This Way" in discos, and the song was selected for release as a single. Houston's version became a massive international hit, topping the soul singles chart and, nine weeks later, the Hot 100 for one week in April 1977. The song peaked at #13 in the UK. The song went to number one on the disco chart. Later in the year, it was featured on the soundtrack of the movie, Looking for Mr. Goodbar. In 1978, "Don't Leave Me This Way" won the award for Best R&B Vocal Performance, Female at the 20th Annual Grammy Awards.

THELMA HOUSTON - DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FyMjUEhiKgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/odpgdcLhSwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" is the title of a 1978 single by American disco singer Sylvester James, who performed using just his first name, Sylvester. The song was written by James Wirrick and Sylvester and appears on the singer's 1978 album, Step II.
The song was Sylvester's first Top 10 hit in the United Kingdom, where it peaked at #8 on the UK Singles Chart in October 1978. In Sylvester's home country, the single was his second Top 40 hit, peaking at #36 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in February 1979.

Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/frL3Bl998eM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o08vN9Ws0ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiffany Renee Darwish (born October 2, 1971) is an American singer and former teen icon. She is most notable for her 1987 cover of "I Think We're Alone Now", originally recorded by Tommy James and the Shondells in 1967. Released as the second single from her eponymous album, Tiffany, the song quickly became a teen anthem. Thanks to an original mall tour, "The Beautiful You: Celebrating The Good Life Shopping Mall Tour '87", Tiffany found commercial success; both the single and the album peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200 charts, respectively. The singles, "Could've Been" and "I Saw Him Standing There", a cover version of The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There", followed soon after, with the former also claiming the number one position on the Billboard Hot 100.

Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now 1987 / 2011

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w6Q3mHyzn78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NCvIntx2M7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tiffany005.jpg

Tiffany 2003

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paul Davis - Cool Night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6xKSiFVt_wM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pablo Cruise - 'Love Will Find A Way'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sdRfVPNl3Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ree3iWRA0DI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r_H4LTL28yk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oBABuHn-nBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
James Taylor - Handy Man

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V_IBW_fCBGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/69M1HXS2Vk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I Will Always Love You" is a song by American singer-songwriter Dolly Parton. The country track was released on June 6, 1974 as the second single from Parton's thirteenth solo studio album, Jolene (1974). The singer wrote the song, which was recorded on June 13, 1973, for her one-time partner and mentor Porter Wagoner, from whom she was professionally splitting at the time. "I Will Always Love You" received positive comments from critics and attained commercial success, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart two times. With the accomplishment, Parton became the first artist ever to earn a number one record twice with the same song as a singer, and three times as a writer. "I Will Always Love You" is the second song ever to reach the top three on the Billboard Hot 100 in separate chart runs.
Whitney Houston recorded a version of the song for the 1992 film The Bodyguard which is one of the best selling singles of all time.
One of the earliest covers was Linda Ronstadt's version of the song, which she included on her 1975 Prisoner in Disguise album. Ronstadt's version included the first two verses, but omitted the spoken bridge.

"I Will Always Love You" - Linda Ronstadt

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D090T2MSxKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kp7DEqz_cmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Through the Years" is the title of a song written by Steve Dorff and New York City native Marty Panzer, and recorded by American country music artist Kenny Rogers. It was released in January 1982 as the fourth single from the album Share Your Love.
"Through the Years" reached number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in early 1982, remaining in the Top 40 for eleven weeks and went to number one on the adult contemporary chart, becoming Rogers' fifth single to top this chart. The song peaked at number five on the country chart. Rogers credited "Through the Years" as being one of his career songs. Rogers appeared and performed the song at the 1983 Grammy Awards and at an April 2001 halftime ceremony honoring Charles Barkley at a Philadelphia 76ers game.
The song looks back at a relationship "Through The Years" and mentions the ups and downs, but the singer proclaims to his loved one: I'm so glad I stayed right here with you / Through the years.

Kenny Rogers - Through The Years

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/22lY9oPzBwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3DeS8HCuGCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Toy Soldiers" is a song by Martika appearing on her eponymous debut album in 1988, and released as the third single in January 1989. It was a number-one Billboard hit song for two weeks in the United States in the summer of 1989.
Martika wrote the song about a friend who was battling a cocaine addiction. "I was a little hesitant because I had only written two songs before and they were light songs. I came up to Michael and said I wanted to write about drugs. It was the first time I got the nerve to write about something that was scary for me to talk about, so I did."
Martika is the only one who sings throughout the song, although she is joined on the chorus by some of her former castmates from Kids Incorporated, including Renee Sands, Stacy Ferguson, Rahsaan Patterson, as well as later cast members Jennifer Love Hewitt and Devyn Puett, as backup vocalists.

Martika - Toy Soldiers

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LvdLovAaYzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i9sTyxn8XGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Martika - I Feel The Earth Move

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Oo2K9vkfUoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U1FhzPS1hf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BALTIMORA - Tarzan Boy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A0hzMTBTiSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iyv7ksmjYWY?list=FLFctWmhQs_tfGF20D9qtHDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GmcLVI2JKqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asia - Heat Of The Moment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xDpPoytXVvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"What a Fool Believes" is a song written by Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins. The best-known version was recorded by The Doobie Brothers (with McDonald singing lead vocals) for their 1978 album Minute by Minute. The single reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on April 14, 1979, remaining in that position for one week. The song received Grammy Awards in 1980 for both Song of the Year and Record of the Year.
"What a Fool Believes" was one of the few non-disco No. 1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 during 1979. The song lyrics tell a story of a man who is reunited with an old love interest and attempts to rekindle a romantic relationship with her before discovering that one never really existed.

The Doobie Brothers - What a fool believes

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lR60745npDs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-yBiTNLuTeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7ALchdNQ8hQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pKexMOar8No" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xXOj_JBu2ig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gtd8stZPXNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oQdwukLtauE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​