• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Alone Again (Naturally)" is a song by Irish singer–songwriter Gilbert O'Sullivan. It was released in 1972 at the same time as, but not on, the album, Back to Front. In total, the single spent six weeks, non-consecutively, at #1 on the United States Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. In Casey Kasem's American 'Top 40 of the 1970s', "Alone Again (Naturally)" ranked as the fifth most-popular song of the decade (Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life" was #1). "Alone Again (Naturally)" also spent six weeks at number one on the Easy Listening chart. The track reached #3 in the UK Singles Chart.

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone again, naturally

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z6pzZy1w3BM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"My Angel Baby" is a 1978 song by Toby Beau. "My Angel Baby was written by band members, Danny McKenna and Balde Silva. The single, from the group's self-titled album, went to number one on the Easy Listening chart for two weeks, and peaked at number thirteen on the Billboard Hot 100. "My Angel Baby" was the group's only Top 40 single.

Toby Beau - My Angel Baby

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ovOdx4yydEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elton John- Little Jeannie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wlz6mTyiMZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wFLt-Iv1W0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is a duet by Elton John and Kiki Dee. It was written by Elton John with Bernie Taupin under the pseudonyms "Ann Orson" and "Carte Blanche" (a pun on the expression "an horse and cart, blanche"), respectively, and intended as an affectionate pastiche of the Tamla Motown style, notably the various duets recorded by Marvin Gaye and singers such as Tammi Terrell and Kim Weston. It is not to be confused with the Burt Bacharach/Hal David song of the same title recorded in 1965 by Dionne Warwick for the album Here I Am. Writers, John and Taupin received the 1981 Ivor Novello award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically.
Like many of Elton John's singles from the 1970s, it was never included on an original album (although it was recorded during the Blue Moves sessions), but was subsequently released as third single on album Duets, in early 1994.
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" was the first No. 1 single in the UK for both Elton John and Kiki Dee, topping the chart for six weeks in mid 1976. John would not enjoy a solo British chart-topper until "Sacrifice" in 1990. It also became his sixth No. 1 single in the US, topping the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks and spent one week on the Easy Listening chart. In the U.S. it was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EQmRgFzg0jI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uyYwmMddEy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I'll Never Love This Way Again" is a Grammy Award-winning, Gold-certified 1979 hit recorded by American singer Dionne Warwick. The song was composed by Richard Kerr (music) and Will Jennings (lyrics) and produced by Arista labelmate Barry Manilow.
The song was Warwick's first single release on Arista after an unsuccessful tenure at Warner Bros. Records. The song brought Warwick renewed popularity when it reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #13 on the Billboard R&B Chart. In Canada, "I'll Never Love This Way Again" peaked at #6. The song won Warwick a 1980 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. The tune was certified by the RIAA as Gold for sales of over 1 million copies and helped her Arista debut album, Dionne, be certified by the RIAA as Platinum for album sales of over 1 million copies.
The song was first recorded by Richard Kerr himself for his 1978 album Welcome To The Club as "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again". Using the same title,the song was soon covered by Cheryl Ladd for her 1978 eponymous debut album. "I'll Never Love This Way Again" has also been recorded by Tom Jones, Billie Jo Spears and The Nolans.

Dionne Warwick - " I'll Never Love This Way Again "

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/30whUaYDPsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0HfUfQYDuDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nolans - Sexy Music

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mJ-m0cKdrvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/csv6dw77frk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rita Coolidge (born May 1, 1945) is an American recording artist and songwriter. During the 1970s and 1980s, she charted hits on Billboard's pop, country, adult contemporary and jazz charts and won two Grammy Awards with fellow musician and former husband Kris Kristofferson.

Rita Coolidge - You

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IQJVtXZkm_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eg1wtpEU5HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

1 We're All Alone-1977
2 I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love-1979
3 Higher And Higher-1977
4 Crazy Love 5 Seven Bridges Road 6 I Believe In You 7 Bird On A Wire-1972)
8 I'll Be Your Baby TonighT-1972
9 I Don't Want To Talk About It
10 Words-1977
11 One Fine Day
12 Fool That I Am
13 Tempted
14 All Time High-1983
15 Walk On In 16 Wishin' And Hopin' )
17 Slow Dancer-1978
18 You-1978
19 Sweet Inspiration
20 You're So Fine

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Village People - YMCA

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QF0cxM2CX3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"El Lute" / "Gotta Go Home" is a double A-side single by 70s disco band Boney M. It was the lead single from their fourth album Oceans of Fantasy (1979) and was the group's eighth and final number 1 single in the German charts. In the UK where "Gotta Go Home" was chosen as the main A-side, the single was their first one since their debut single not to reach the Top 10, peaking at number 12. Boney M. used the double A-side format over the next years, typically with the A1 being the song intended for radio and A2 being more squarely aimed at discos. The sides were usually switched on the accompanying 12" single.

Boney M. - El Lute / Gotta Go Home

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5ww-pQynEDI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CQZWEHLEBKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jennifer Warnes-I Know A Heartache When I See One

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/saay8NW7tTE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ice Castles is a 1978 American romantic drama, starring Lynn-Holly Johnson and Robby Benson. A paperback novelization of the screenplay, by Leonore Fleischer, was released in conjunction with the film. It is the story of Alexis "Lexie" Winston, a young figure skater, and her rise and fall from super stardom. Tragedy strikes when, following a freak accident, Lexie loses her sight, leaving her to hide away in the privacy of her own despair. She eventually perseveres and begins competing in figure skating again.
The work was filmed on location in Colorado and Minnesota. Its theme song "Through the Eyes of Love" was made famous by Melissa Manchester and was nominated for the 52nd Academy Awards (April 1980).

Ice Castles (1978) - Looking Through the Eyes of Love 2010

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YccoahhUnWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4-yezUeRZpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kool & The Gang - Fresh

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LRF0KVeMgUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lNVsuwl2drQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I Feel for You" is a song written by Prince that originally appeared on his 1979 self-titled album. The most successful and well known version was recorded by female R&B singer Chaka Khan, appearing on her 1984 album, I Feel for You. Prince, as songwriter, won the 1985 Grammy Award for Best R&B Song.
Khan's version featured an all-star supporting cast, with rapping from Melle Mel, keyboard and guitar by The System's David Frank, and harmonica playing by Stevie Wonder. The song also uses vocal samples from Wonder's "Fingertips". The repetition of Khan's name by Melle Mel at the beginning of the song was originally a mistake made by producer Arif Mardin (actually a sample of Melle Mel's song "Step Off"), who then decided to keep it.
This version of the song became a million-selling smash in the U.S. and UK, and it helped to relaunch Khan's career. The song hit #1 on the Cash Box singles chart and peaked at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in December 1984. The song remained on the Billboard Hot 100 for 26 weeks and became one of Billboard's five biggest pop songs of the year for 1985. The single reached #1 on both the U.S. dance and R&B charts in late 1984, remaining atop both for three weeks each. In addition, the song also reached #1 on the UK Singles Chart. While touring with Prince in 1998 in support of her collaborative album, Come 2 My House, Khan and Prince performed "I Feel for You" as a duet.
The Pointer Sisters recorded the song in 1982, two years before Khan's version was a hit, on their album So Excited!.

Chaka Khan - I Feel for You

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hX9E44mClKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DquLFna_YY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Supernature" is the title track of Cerrone's 1977 album, Supernature (Cerrone III). Along with the tracks "Give Me Love" and "Love is Here", the song reached number one on the US disco/dance charts early in 1978. The single crossed over to both the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at no. 70, and the soul charts, where it peaked at no. 72. In August 1978, it peaked at no. 8 in the UK Singles Chart after heavy use in the first series of The Kenny Everett Video Show. The lyrics were written by a young Lene Lovich, though she was not credited. The song has an environmental theme, imagining a future in which the use of artificial chemicals in agriculture has caused "creatures down below" to emerge and "take their sweet revenge" against mankind.

Cerrone - Supernature

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0BwcI1O-EHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yY4pwVQBVZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fYpVZMe2K_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shakatak is an English jazz-funk band, founded in 1980.
Shakatak scored a number of chart entries, including two Top 10 hits in the UK Singles Chart, "Night Birds" (1982) and "Down on the Street" (1984), plus a further 12 entries in the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles. The group are still active and popular throughout the world, particularly in Japan and the Far East, and generally produce a new album every two years on JVC Records.
From their first release in August 1980, (the Bill Sharpe composition "Steppin'" on the Polydor record label), and their first album, Drivin' Hard, the band's singles and albums have entered the charts regularly.

Dark is the night - Shakatak

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WQKHkmtRu78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1d2DevnczWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"All Out of Love" is a pop ballad by Air Supply, released in 1980. In the United States, it reached number two on the Hot 100 and number 5 on the Adult Contemporary chart. In the UK, the song went to number 11. It placed 92nd in VH1's list of the 100 Greatest Love Songs in 2003.

Air Supply - All Out Of Love

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7aD5ZaAW5qY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SVAuXYPZzqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

00:00 - All Out of Love
04:03 - Here I am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
07:50 - Lost in Love
11:45 - Sweet Dreams
17:00 - Just as I am
21:46 - Lonely is the Night
25:56 - Making Love Out of Nothing at All
31:38 - I Can Wait Forever
36:50 - It's Not Too Late
40:39 - I Can't Let Go
44:48 - Taking the Chance
49:10 - Now and Forever

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goodbye - Air Supply

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TGyLsf7PRpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PQhBfaXxfBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Baby Can I Hold You" is the third single released by the American contemporary folk artist Tracy Chapman, released in late 1988. The song reached the top fifty in the United States, unlike its predecessor, "Talkin' 'bout a Revolution", but it failed to become Chapman's second top forty hit, peaking at #48. It did, however, give her a second chart entry on the US Adult Contemporary charts, peaking at #19 in early 1989. (Her first adult contemporary hit was "Fast Car", which reached #7 on the AC charts.) Given the commercial decline Chapman suffered following the release of her second album Crossroads, "Baby Can I Hold You" also became her last top fifty hit until 1996's "Give Me One Reason". Neil Diamond recorded the song for his 1989 album, The Best Years of Our Lives and became the first of many artists to cover the song.

Baby Can I hold you - Tracy Chapman

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kjRo_CHSdt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M9dhHAWGv-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Fat" is a song by "Weird Al" Yankovic. It is a parody of "Bad" by Michael Jackson. It is Yankovic's second parody of a Jackson song, the first being "Eat It", a parody of Jackson's "Beat It". "Fat" is the first song on Yankovic's Even Worse album.
The video won a Grammy for "Best Concept Music Video" in 1988

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xeYKN2TjHjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dsUXAEzaC3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Fat" - "Weird Al" Yankovic

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/icgFF08zbtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7jePzwXYMiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited: